• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Nelson - "Perfect Dark XBLA coming this winter". Free theme tomorrow.

vazel

Banned
Those screenshots don't look good to me. I guess it's because I associate it with those user texture packs with some emulators. They always looked tacky to me. I'd rather play with original textures VC style.

Shadowlink123 said:
Oh wait, so the people who already have it can keep it for free? What if I have it on que to download?
Once you queue it you always have access to download it again for free, regardless of price changes.

BobFromPikeCreek said:
Once you queue it you always have access to download it again for free, regardless of price changes.

Yup.

It's back up again. Some Marketplace items went missing from the maintenance yesterday. I was flipping shit out because my 360 red ringed the very day it came out so I just got it a couple hours ago.

MicVlaD said:
*still disappointed this didn't get the GoldenEye treatment* :[

I think we only saw the first two levels in the screens GE. Do we really know that the whole game was finished? GE needed a lot more work than PD does anyway. Going back the character models are laughable. I was hooked on it for years but it is way more dated that PD. The only thing missing from the PD shots is that 'shine' that the old game had. And I don't mean PDZ type of shine. I hope all the nice effects are maintained like the shiny lights.

Dizzy-4U

Sorry for bumping this thread, but Rare updated their website with a section dedicated to PD XBLA.

http://www.rare.co.uk/games/pdarcade/index.html

Not much new info right now, only this (also a few concept character pics in the Cast list section):

pdxbla_art01hi.jpg

Dizzy-4U

To be honest, the characters art look unfinished. Maybe they are just concept art for the 3D renders (like the Joanna pic).

Gomu Gomu

Still no date? :(

edit:
pdxbla_01.jpg

Did they say that they were going to redo the graphics or something? Because I don't remember the game looking this beautiful :eek:. That and the fact that this game will run in 60 fps makes me want to play it right now.

Gomu Gomu said:
Still no date? :(

edit:
pdxbla_01.jpg

Did they say that they were going to redo the graphics or something? Because I don't remember the game looking this beautiful :eek:. That and the fact that this game will run in 60 fps makes me want to play it right now.
Not until fall/winter. We probably won't know a specific date until a couple of weeks before.

Dizzy-4U

Gomu Gomu said:
Did say that they were going to redo the graphics or something? Because I don't remember the game looking this beautiful :eek:. That and the fact that this game will run in 60 fps makes me want to play it right now.

What we know so far...
Rare said:
All the core features of the original PD release are set to make the transition intact, with the addition of much-improved textures, a boosted framerate and, in the biggest undertaking for Rare IP on XBLA yet, online multiplayer functionality over Xbox Live. And of course, hardware having moved on in recent years, you will no longer require an Expansion Pak for Maximum Gameplay. It's all good, and it's coming your way this winter.

bengraven

We are going to have to adjust our playstyle to make up for the "over 10fps" gameplay. I'm hoping it also doesn't still feel "floaty".

Dear God, please be 60fps, not 30. There is NO reason for it, looking at these high res, yet still sparse environments.

Top Bottom