• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Make-a-Wish-GAF: Let's get Draugoth the Shadow of the Erdtree Collector's Edition

fart town usa

Gold Member
Awesome thread. I pitched in.

Pre-ordered FF7rebirth, Alone in the Dark, bought HD2 and a new Wizards game on PSVR2.

Also got my 2023 bonus and bought gold for two people.

And an indie developer told me they put in something special for me to find in the newest update of their VR game.

What a day for gaming and Gaf. I feel a change in the force. Good times ahead folks. God Bless!

CuNi

RwxC65N.jpg

The council approved your begging fate, you are now officially a golded hooman slave for cats and cat Erdtrees. Please be excited.
HAH! JOKES ON YOU!
Being an obedient servant to my feline overlords is not a punishment, BUT A GIFT!!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
edit: LOL n/m

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
Think Will be very difficult to send Him the collectors edition yo Brasil, it's not about money it's customs. Maybe the cost requires more than just sent the package by Fedex or similar shipper.

Hope he can get it but he needs yo research very well

If it's not sending as a seller than it might goes through customs without issue. The biggest problem is that it might get taxed.

He should post here in this thread so he can at least get a gold gift.

So i just need to buy gold for someone or myself to partecipate?

Kinda unfair that ibiza pocholo doesn't get any gift tho.

IbizaPocholo IbizaPocholo đź‘€

Bernardougf

Gold Member
If it's not sending as a seller than it might goes through customs without issue. The biggest problem is that it might get taxed.

IbizaPocholo IbizaPocholo đź‘€
Theres not going to be a problem going trough custons and Im pretty sure the sender can already pay the taxes in the post office ... but even if you dont pay the taxes in advance you can ship as usual and will get taxed, and you will receive a telegram with the amount to be payed.. than is a matter of paying so the product is cleared... is pretty straight forward

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Think Will be very difficult to send Him the collectors edition yo Brasil, it's not about money it's customs. Maybe the cost requires more than just sent the package by Fedex or similar shipper.

Hope he can get it but he needs yo research very well
I’m expecting it to cost $250 + US tax and shipping + shipping to Brazil ($50-$100) + $250 customs charges.

Yes, it won’t be trivial, but Draugoth will have a special item afterwards that represents a lot of love from GAF members all over the world.

marquimvfs

I’m expecting it to cost $250 + US tax and shipping + shipping to Brazil ($50-$100) + $250 customs charges.

Yes, it won’t be trivial, but Draugoth will have a special item afterwards that represents a lot of love from GAF members all over the world.
Taxes are, if applied, 60% of the invoice value, plus 10,00R$ (about 2,00U$) of postal service. But there's two ways to approach the matter. One is pay the taxes in advance, by using the Delivery Duty Paid (DDP) from UPS, that way the person receiving will not be charged any tax, just the 10,00R$ fee, after the item arrive in Brazil. If you choose to don't pay the tax in advance, after the item arrive here, customs always analyze packages by samples, and it can or cannot be taxed, it's a matter of pure luck. If the item gets poked by customs, Draugoth Draugoth will be contacted by authorities and will be charged 60% the real value of the item (customs don't always trust invoices, they conduct their own research). The problem with the second approach is the estimated time to process the package, that can be up to 2 whole months. By paying in advance you will let go the chance of paying less by not being taxed, but the package will likely be delivered faster. The second problem with this approach is, by it being a gift, you wouldn't want Draugoth Draugoth to pay the taxes by himself, so you would have to send him the money to do so, given that the taxes will need to be payed here, by him, and sending money overseas will generate more costs and taxes for you.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

wtf! $250 customs charge!

I guess thats the crazy tariff shit you'd hear about as to why consoles in south america are so jacked up in price. You'd think it would be a thing of the past.

I remember in the early 2000s I bought a fancy NFL collectibles mug or some shit for a coworker's bday. That was when it was the wild west of border charges and you didn't know how much it would be till after you ordered it. It was something like $40 US and the dutys charge alone to come over the border was around $40 too. Last time I ordered something from the US for like 15 years.

Then our dept ordered a complete set of fancy glassware for a boss retiring from I think Pensylvania 5 years ago. It was s bigger package and it was a flat rate $20 US shipping for international orders. I also ordered hard to find books for y bro from the UK way back and it was just a small international shipping charge. And that was going over the fucking ocean!

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
Not to mention if it won’t be shipped via a courier consider it lost. On eBay for years now nobody is shipping to Brasil, Russia and Italy, because it’s very likely c the package will be lost.

I live in the big city so it isnt that bad, but i heard some package stealing horror stories lol

Never had issues with buying on Ebay, i always asked the sellers to send as gifts to avoid getting taxed, but again i very rarely did so.

wtf! $250 customs charge!

I guess thats the crazy tariff shit you'd hear about as to why consoles in south america are so jacked up in price. You'd think it would be a thing of the past.

I remember in the early 2000s I bought a fancy NFL collectibles mug or some shit for a coworker's bday. That was when it was the wild west of border charges and you didn't know how much it would be till after you ordered it. It was something like $40 US and the dutys charge alone to come over the border was around $40 too. Last time I ordered something from the US for like 15 years.

Then our dept ordered a complete set of fancy glassware for a boss retiring from I think Pensylvania 5 years ago. It was s bigger package and it was a flat rate $20 US shipping for international orders. I also ordered hard to find books for y bro from the UK way back and it was just a small international shipping charge. And that was going over the fucking ocean!

Now you can see why i never got a Collector's Edition.

Consoles are now produced internally rather than imported. It isnt as bad as before, but it's still bad.

Last edited:
Top Bottom