• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Making threads about what developers retweet is fun!

a916

The image they tweeted looked like a Wii U title... (I don't mean that in a derogatory way either...)... or was this from one of their earlier games?

CG8PGpYUgAAOCeJ.png:large

Jintor

i'm also skeptical, but on the other hand, i'm on neogaf, and if you can't believe on neogaf where can you believe

They gave Other M to Team Ninja, it would make sense to give Metroid to Platinum after Bayonetta 2.

I'm betting that's it. It can't be StarFox, IGN said unannounced game that will make us cry. It's Metroid.

How is it that there's only one person here that gets it...

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I wouldnt read too much in the tweet, plus the starfox game miyamoto had in mind was far away from the frantic platinum action game style

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I would lose my shit if it was Vanquish 2 for Wii U, along with a re-release of the first game.

Absolutely. Lose. My. Shit.

But realistically, it's probably nothing.

Bulbasaur

Banned
I think PG could inject Star Fox with the crazy spectacle it requires to refresh the series.

If Nintendo gave them the part Miyamoto developed and just told them to run with it. I'd be ok with this.

NEK WEEEEK

OH GOD SHIT JUST GOT REAL, SON!!!

I am mega hyped. MEGA hyped! I love P* and since I am such a Nintendo fanboy at heart (and VASTLY enjoyed Bayonetta 2 and W101) I cannot contain my hype for this.
Please be real!

EDIT: And just to stay sane, I don't think P* is helping out on Star Fox U, just because I don't think that Kamiya will devide his attention as director to two titles at once (he is working on Scalebound after all).

Oregano

I don't think it will be a Nintendo project but I'd love to see them make a 3DS game. Both Inaba and Kamiya praised the 3DS a few years ago so I'd love to see what they could do.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe it's Bayonetta 2 DLC?

It could of course be a brand new game too, Platinum has made 2 Wii U exclusives so far, which got to be a third party record on the system. I would shit my pants if it was Wonderful 102. That franchise is so awesome, and could do very well with some fine tuning to make it perfect in a sequel. Of course this would probably be throwing money out of the window, but they've already done that a couple of times, and third time's a charm.

CrisKre

Maybe it's Bayonetta 2 DLC?

It could of course be a brand new game too, Platinum has made 2 Wii U exclusives so far, which got to be a third party record on the system. I would shit my pants if it was Wonderful 102. That franchise is so awesome, and so in need of some fine tuning to make it perfect in a sequel. Of course this would probably be throwing money out of the window, but they've already done that a couple of times, and third time's a charm.
The IGN announcement makes it seem like it will be a new title, not DLC.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Oh Lord. It's funny, because the first few pages are people in denial, and then the meltdowns begin when reality sets in.

It's even more hilarious and quite illuminating to the bullshit people like to post just to get attention, to go and click on the member profiles of the dozens and dozens of posters saying stuff like "Fuck. Damn no interest in WiiU, now I gotta buy day1!".
Three years have passed: PSN ID and/or Gamertag? Check. Nintendo Network ID@WiiU? Nope.

Nanashrew

Banned
There is really no evidence to suggest the IGN Platinum Game reveal is Wii U related. Lots and lots of speculation based on re-tweets and not much more.

Pretty much. Seems more like he's a huge fan like I brought up earlier. All his retweets are of something he's a big fan of. I mean, he even follows Nintendo Dream's twitter account which is a magazine in Japan.

MGR2 seems far more likely than something on a Nintendo platform.

Except if MGR2 ends up being a WiiU exclusive. lol

It also could be a smaller scale project for 3DS. They expressed interest in doing this in the past.

Xemnas89

I'm gonna go for a crazy prediction and say that if it isn't a Nintendo exclusive then it'll be a multiplatform Castlevania reboot. They could surely do the series great justice in 3D and the soundtrack would be amazing.

Top Bottom