• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MaLDoHD 4.0 Final for Crysis 2 released

Spazznid

Yeah, I had that happen with Crysis 2. I was on the phone for over an hour with tech support and they still could not resolve the issue or issue a new key. Had to use a no-cd patch. Pathetic of EA to not be able to help a paying customer and force them to resort to less than legal methods to play their purchased games.

Back on topic, I am having to deal with the 50hz bug unfortunately and am having problems with a custom resolution. I created one of 1919x1080. I tested it out on the desktop and it looked fine. When I select it in Crysis 2 I get the correct 60hz, but the image is very blurry, like my LCD is upscaling a 720p image or something. Any way I can get a close to full 1080p resolution without being blurry in Crysis 2?

Try making it 1919x1079

Your screen may not like imbalanced ratios or w/e.

i-Lo

So has anyone ascertained the average RAM consumption at 1080p and 720p when running this mod? Any relevant information would be most welcome.

Did Maldo ever fix the Windows 8 Undefined resolution issue for DX11? Can't play the game in that bizarre resolution, really want to give this a go. Believe some people are running it on 8 without issues so perhaps a clean install of the game will fix things up. And by the way, first and only incompatibility so far so my tolerance is high.

Edit: He did and in the final release post mentioned the fix. Sorry for my early question :D

Zeth

I was really surprised by how well this ran for me compared to vanilla. But now I'm getting pretty nasty tearing that I can't seem to get around. Forcing it in Nvidia control panel, in-game, etc. Should I try D3DOverride? Can't find an up-to-date link for it, any suggestions?

Any settings suggestions for 3570k/680? I'm still messing around, trying to tax the card a bit more to prevent tearing if possible.

Eyothrie

Im having the same issues as others in this theead playing the game via HDMI on an 1080p HDTV. If I choose a custom resolution in the Nvidia Control Panel (say, 1920x1081 60Hz), will leaving it set to this resolution bork my other games? It would be nice if I could set it once and forget about it instead of having to change the resolution every time I want to play C2 properly

PowerK

ilF4TL07ogouh.png

ibqpSuSTLbkc6K.png

i2zSe9rAZOsdq.png

igJil4VPZMdwf.png

ibeNV7y5Ifphf8.png

iNxSkyRsc2zBg.png

ibvP52q2CcDlWX.png

haikira

You're already getting plenty of love around here Maldo and rightly so. Let me just be one more person to say thank you.

Downloading now.

Some of the texture tesselation looks just awful with all the stretching going on, especially brick or cobblestone. Otherwise cool mod, esp if it maintains solid IQ with reduced load.

seldead

Some of the texture tesselation looks just awful with all the stretching going on, especially brick or cobblestone. Otherwise cool mod, esp if it maintains solid IQ with reduced load.

That sounds more like a byproduct of parallax occlusion mapping to be honest. You'll see the same thing with bricks in the stalker games, can be easily turned off if you don't like it

darthbob

Pointless tool when you've used up all authorizations on windows re-installs. "This computer is not currently authorized for any EA products so there is nothing to de-authorize".

My bad, I am at work and thought this would help.

Figures, though.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Is there any way to dial down the tesselation or is it a case of on/off? I think tesselation in games has become the 'hdr' of photography, it needs to be more subtle, other than that though it is a fantastic mod, running @ 60fps on my gtx670.

edit-

found it, was being blind.

Vitor711

I have a similar question. My laptop is 680m with 16GB ram. I know I'll be able to run it, but should I on a laptop?

Same laptop.

Crysis 2 unmodded ran at a locked 30FPS maxed out at 1920x1080.

You could get 60 if you dropped to the second highest preset and one or two other values.

If Maldo improves performance, you should be fine.

Eyothrie

I don't think this is working for me. I selected "Extreme" in-game settings like the blog suggested. Installed the mod, ran the config, and started a new game. I'm not seeing any tesselation in bricks. Is this because of the "Extreme" in-game setting? Should I bump it up to Ultra? I know that with vanilla, tesselation isn't on unless Ultra is selected. But I figured the mod overrode the in game settings. Help?

Edit: I have the Steam version of the game

Eyothrie

the game should boot into this to be the mod, right?

How are you doing this within the game? I don't see that Maldo splash logo.
Adding -mod maldohdv4 inside the console isn't working for me. Its telling me that -mod is an unknown command.
Maldo's shortcut (after the mod install) isn't working.. Setting -mod maldohdv4 to the launch options in Steam isn't working either. I just can't get this thing to work

How are you doing this within the game? I don't see that Maldo splash logo.
Adding -mod maldohdv4 inside the console isn't working for me. Its telling me that -mod is an unknown command.
Maldo's shortcut (after the mod install) isn't working.. Setting -mod maldohdv4 to the launch options in Steam isn't working either. I just can't get this thing to work

go to the mods menu and start the MalDoHD Mod from there? Thats what I had to do.

CatPee

50fps lock is easy to fix. Just switch Vsync off, hit Apply, then hit No when it asks if you want to keep the setting. Minor annoyance, but it seems to do the trick.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Well I thought it was an AMD problem because I've had the same problem with crysis 1 and 2 on different computers (both AMD gpus) but I found out it is at least somewhat affected by your monitor, too.

On my monitor the game plays at 50hz. On my TV it plays at 60hz.
I read that the game defaults to the first listed mode that it receives from your monitor (or something to that effect).

It's fucking annoying.

I was also getting black bars on my monitor because CCC handles overscan on a per resolution/refresh rate basis. So I had to put my monitor into 50hz in windows and adjust it.

I dunno, with my 5850 the game displays on my projector at the same rez and refresh the desktop is set to.
So basically is my desktop is set at 24p (23.976hz) it'll play like that, but if I go with 1080p@60hz everything's fine.

seldead

this does not work.

it boots ragular Crysis 2, i still have to boot into the mod from within Crysis 2.

Anyone else have any idea why this happens?

I'll just chime in that I'm having the same problem.

Also triple buffering through D3DO doesn't work for me since installing the mod and it definitely did before hand. Does anyone know a way to fix this, I'm using adaptive vsync at the moment through the nvidia control panel but its really not as good. This is through a vga connection btw so it's not that HDMI bug that crysis games seem to have.

Pachinko

This a stunning mod, generally looks better then Ultra settings but it runs as smooth as it does with DX11 turned off. If only I could fix that pesky refresh rate bug though :(

I played a couple stages in windowed because going full screen, no matter what resolution I pick sticks the game in 1080p 24hz , the only way I know to fix that is to turn DX11 off and now that it runs nicer I don't really want to do that.

Zeth

I hope Crysis 3 looks this good and runs this well. God damn, what an amazing mod.

I had the 50hz thing happening at 1080P, and it went away when upped the res to 2560x1440

I didn't realize it didn't just make it prettier, but it's specialized optimization for improved performance to boot? That's awesome. Downloading now, getting good speeds on the torrent.

50fps lock is easy to fix. Just switch Vsync off, hit Apply, then hit No when it asks if you want to keep the setting. Minor annoyance, but it seems to do the trick.

Thanks mate, was wondering what to do and low and behold the information is the first thing I see in this thread.

Runs well!

6ONEXbB.jpg

Wat?

If you're using Windows 8 which I believe is the only place this occurs you need to go into the advanced config and set the AA to standard FXAA. The two advanced options don't work on Windows 8 and I believe Maldo stated he isn't going to fix it because he doesn't have Windows 8.

Edit: What is the reason for the 50 FPS bug? Easy fix but it is a bit annoying.

Dammit, it's doing that random glitch when I go full screen it can't detect the display but windowed it's fine. Crysis 2 always gave me that problem.

That being said. Goddamn this game is gorgous. Already I'm getting better performance in places I remember would randomly tank my framerate in Ultra like right before you open the door to outside at the start of the game. The game's way of doing tesstalation did a number on ATI cards.

Pachinko

For those with refresh rate issues , the vsync toggling does work , occasionally you may have to exit the game and reload it too. It's a problem on cryteks end more than anything.

I might actually try and finish this game now

Jtrizzy

this is correct. Sometimes if you go back and forth with vsync and windowed mode it will fix itself.

Wow!

Crytek should buy that mod and release Crysis 2 with that mod on next gen consoles - if those can run those insane textures.

@Maldo Are you a professional developer doing that as a hobby?

I had this problem on Windows 8 with DirectX 11. Switching to DX9 fixed it.

You should switch back to DirectX11 given its the full package if you can run it. It is an issue that can be fixed.

UPDATE 4 - ABOUT WINDOWS 8 COMPATIBILITY: Using 2 highest antialiasing levels in config tool, can result in "resolution undefined" problem if you're using Windows 8. It's a problem with the SMAA injector used in those two AA levels. One fix is reducing AA level in config tool. If you don't want to reduce AA level, you need to know some people have reported that running Crysis 2 "As administrator" fix the problem.

I'm playing through this game one more time before Crysis 3 and boy oh boy am I enjoying it. The textures just make this game look so much better. Also 60fps lock, maxed out settings is glorious.

Top Bottom