• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man arrested after kicking cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stet

Banned
He's pretty lucky it's a stray, because if it had been someone's cat they probably would have murdered him.

Alucrid

Banned
Following his arrest, Robinson’s mother, Mary Kirby, 48, defended her son and tried to explain away his actions. “He had to be high on something. It’s very out of his character,” she told the Daily News. “He had to be high to do what he did. This isn’t him.

Incredible.

Jokergrin

28Gqpur.jpg

LOL, never change, Daily News.

lol, this is gold

I don't know what impact condemnation has on the chances of deterring others of committing a terrible act such as this. Though I'm glad that people (myself included) are rallying against the terrible treatment of innocent animals. Maybe people will learn that they will be ostracised and judged for their actions if they choose to engage in this terrible kind of behaviour.

Takuan

Glad to know kitty's alright! Hope that incident didn't traumatize him beyond the point of recovery.

Dude deserves to be publicly shamed, that's good enough for me.

dbztrk

Guy seems like an asshole and deserves a fine. Community service would be harsh (but maybe appropriate given his priors) and jail time would be ridiculous.

The Lamonster said:
People who hurt animals should be locked away forever.

bold statement, I know

Do you kill bugs?

kaioshade

Honestly, he does deserve to die. People like that who have absolutely respect for other forms of life do not deserve to keep theirs.

And i let bugs out of my apartment. they do not attack or harm me, i simply catch them and release them.

jimbor

Banned
Honestly, he does deserve to die. People like that who have absolutely respect for other forms of life do not deserve to keep theirs.

And i let bugs out of my apartment. they do not attack or harm me, i simply catch them and release them.

You deserve to die for such an outlandish viewpoint.

Hex

Banned
I rarely seriously...this seriously wish suffering and pain on someone, even his ass hat flaw of a mother needs some reality swung her way.
The attitude after it all just seals it.

y2dvd

Screw his friends too for laughing along. Grow some balls and don't laugh along because it's your friend doing something wrong.

jimbor

Banned
I imagine you are a fine individual to know.
Why, because he's not joining the mob and demanding the kicker's death?

Is the kicker a cunt fire kicking a car unprovoked? Undoubtedly.

Does he deserve death or jail time? No.

Stray?

That cat looks well fed and groomed... ...like someone's pet that made an escape run to explore the outside world. I wouldn't be surprised if that cat was chipped.

(I know it doesn't have a collar, if a cat doesn't want a collar on, it won't stay on for very long. At that point, it becomes cruel to force the cat to wear it if it constantly chokes itself trying to get it off.)

Yes... yes he does deserve jail time. Hopefully he won't just get off with a fine... Aggrivated animal cruelty is a felony in New York.

New York State Consolidated Laws Article 26, Chapter 353 & 353-a
Cruelty to animals is defined as: “overdrives, overloads, tortures or cruelly beats or unjustifiably injures, maims, mutilates or kills any animal, whether wild or tame, and whether belonging to himself or to another, or deprives any animal of necessary sustenance, food or drink, or neglects or refuses to furnish it such sustenance or drink, or causes, procures or permits” such acts. This is a Misdemeanor, punishable with a fine of up to $1000 and/or imprisonment up to 1 year.
Aggravated cruelty to animals is defined as: “with no justifiable purpose, he or she intentionally kills or intentionally causes serious physical injury to a companion animal with aggravated cruelty. For purposes of this section, “aggravated cruelty” shall mean conduct which: is intended to cause extreme physical pain; or is done or carried out in an especially depraved or sadistic manner.” This is a Felony punishable with a fine up to $5000 and/or imprisonment up to 5 years. Exemptions are made for research, hunting, trapping, or fishing, the dispatch of rabid or diseased animals, veterinary care, or the dispatch of animals posing a threat to human safety or other

kaioshade

People need to learn that doing shit like that is NOT alright. People do not respond to a small slap on the wrist. Kid gets out flashing peace signs. Do you really think he learned anything? Hell no, he learned there is no consequence.

People learn when an example is made out of him. He is messed up in the head if he can gleefully injure an animal like that. If an example is made out of him, the message not to do that shit would be loud and clear. Purge the worthless kid from this existence.

Hex

Banned
People need to learn that doing shit like that is NOT alright. People do not respond to a small slap on the wrist. Kid gets out flashing peace signs. Do you really think he learned anything? Hell no, he learned there is no consequence.

People learn when an example is made out of him. He is messed up in the head if he can gleefully injure an animal like that. If an example is made out of him, the message not to do that shit would be loud and clear. Purge the worthless kid from this existence.

Correct.
This person has now just gotten away with something else for his illustrious record.
Not only that, but what message does this send?
Caught dead bang red handed and skated.

FStubbs

Do you take immunosuppressive drugs to spare the lives of microscopic pathogens and bacteria? Your body kills a multitude of those daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom