• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man arrested after kicking cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaioshade

Do you take immunosuppressive drugs to spare the lives of microscopic pathogens and bacteria? Your body kills a multitude of those daily.

LOL somehow i knew some shit like this was coming.

Your body doing natural things does not equate to going out of your way to harm a stray cat.

Try again.

People will call for his execution then go have their cats' feet mutilated, run over a squirrel and set a sticky mouse trap inside their home in the same day.

These situations are not even close to being on the same level as this piece of crap, not that I'm calling for his execution.

Someone that can do this to an animal has significant issues.

So disgusting. Ditto for the people who's attitude is "It's just an animal lol". Inflicting suffering and pain on ANY living thing for your own amusement is disgusting. Can we please stop placing these fucked up hierarchies on the suffering of living things?

In a perfect world this guy goes to the zoo on a day when someone left a lions cage door unlocked, with him being the first thing the hungry and suddenly free lion sees.

I wouldn't shed a tear, if that makes me a hypocrite than that's fine with me.

His face and name has been plastered all over New York now. I'm sure someone on the street or in jail will see this and kick him.

t9MUtzM.gif

It will be worth it.

I don't know that I'd go as far as executing him, but I think chopping off his legs would be fair, and keep him from kicking any more cats.

BadAss2961

Cat kicking defense force?
You think he should die for kicking a cat?

I think this kid is just an idiot who did something stupid and harmful without thinking. He's too old to be doing some dumb shit like that -- everyone is, but at 21...

I imagine his punishment has already been more severe than most kids who've punted a stray animal before. I've seen my share of animal cruelty in my youth.

Ashhong

Following his arrest, Robinson’s mother, Mary Kirby, 48, defended her son and tried to explain away his actions. “He had to be high on something. It’s very out of his character,” she told the Daily News. “He had to be high to do what he did. This isn’t him.

Lol, because that makes it ok. Hilarious

kaioshade

I dont even own cats, dont care much to own one either, but even i can still see how depraved and messed up that is.

And when he decides to move on to humans and people finally start giving a shit, the first words out of the media will be "how could this have been prevented?" the simple answer is by eliminating him before he pulls that kind of shit. He is already on that path. He obviously takes pleasure in making other life suffer, he does not need to be walking around doing this kind of stuff.

hitsugi

You think he should die for kicking a cat?

I think this kid is just an idiot who did something stupid and harmful without thinking. He's too old to be doing some dumb shit like that -- everyone is, but at 21...

I imagine his punishment has already been more severe than most kids who've punted a stray animal before. I've seen my share of animal cruelty in my youth.

Pretty sure he thought about it. He thought to lure the cat over with a motion for food, he thought to kick the cat, and he thought to laugh about it. You need help.

Frenchman kills cat for breaking Buddha statue

A Frenchman was due in court this week for killing his cat by throwing it into the washing machine in a fit of rage after the feline knocked over his statue of Buddha.

The forty-year-old was at his home in the town of Briec in the western region of Brittany last February when the cat bashed into and broke the statue of the founder of a religion that encourages loving kindness towards all beings.

Furious, the owner grabbed bis pet and threw it into the washing machine, which he then switched on for a 40 degree cycle, according to Ouest France newspaper.

A neighbour upstairs heard bizarre noises. When she phoned the man to ask what was going on, he replied that he had killed the cat and had put its body along with the broken Buddha into a rubbish bag, the paper said.

The neighbour alerted police and animal welfare organisations. The man was due in court in the Breton town of Quimper. Three animal welfare groups, including the Brigitte Bardot Foundation, have taken out civil suits against him.

In February, a cat torturer who caused outrage in France after videos were posted online showing him throwing a kitten high into the air, was sentenced to a year in prison.

The video, which has since been removed from YouTube, sparked furore after thousands of viewers were outraged after seeing the man throw Oscar as high as he could against a block of flats.

Meowing, the little ginger and white kitten is then seen falling four or five metres away. Oscar survived the attack and made a good recovery.
http://www.thelocal.fr/20140507/frenchman-kills-cat-for-knocking-over-buddha-statue

Nooooo. Poor cat :(

Darksol

I understand if you want to kick a human. Humans are scum. But a cat is a cat. I sentence you to death by thousand scratches.

iMax

So you didn't know that people on the internet react in a hyperbolic fashion? Really crap usage of the gif.

OK. Do you think this language is hyperbolic or angry?

I don't know that I'd go as far as executing him, but I think chopping off his legs would be fair, and keep him from kicking any more cats.

Hopefully that's not what they actually think but the deadpan nature of the statement creeps me out.

Hahhhh. I just knew somebody would post something like this eventually.

Cuz eating meat is the same as being cruel for no reason.
Do you know anything about meat is produced?

It's not about killing an animal once and that's it -- they're abused for the entirety of their lives before they're killed. Chickens are kept in dark pens where they are constantly up against other chickens, their beaks have to be removed so they don't peck each other to death and those conditions, and they're all covered in each other's shit so they have to be pumped full of antibiotics so they don't drop dead. When they mature, they're plumped up so much for breast meat that they can't even stand up and they live in daily pain from organ failure.

I'm curious to hear your explanation for how kicking a cat is worse than that. One moment of pain is worse than an entire life of torture?

It's not the "killing an animal to eat it" part that is the main part of the problem.

Business

Ok that was wrong but I think this thread is blowing it out of proportion. Fine the asshole and call it a day. I mean how is this even in the news, how is the news of a guy kicking a cat in the USA even reaching me.

Rafterman

Banned
Do you know anything about meat is produced?

It's not about killing an animal once and that's it -- they're abused for the entirety of their lives before they're killed. Chickens are kept in dark pens where they are constantly up against other chickens, their beaks have to be removed so they don't peck each other to death and those conditions, and they're all covered in each other's shit so they have to be pumped full of antibiotics so they don't drop dead. When they mature, they're plumped up so much for breast meat that they can't even stand up.

I'm curious to hear your explanation for how kicking a cat is worse than that. One moment of pain is worse than an entire life of torture?

It's not the "killing an animal to eat it" part that is the main part of the problem.

The part in bold just isn't true. The beak part is a long running urban myth that has been proven false time and time again. The chickens in these places are not "pumped with antibiotics" to keep them alive, in fact there are no antibiotics used on live chickens, and they can all walk just fine.

I'm sorry, call me weird for thinking this, but people who are cruel to animals are the fucking scum of the earth. If you walk up to most people and kick them, they're going to get pissed and kick you back you assfuck. Unless it's a rabid pit bull running full steam at you, yes. Defensive animals? Go fucking sit in prison you demented fuckbag.

I guess I am in the majority of Americans who don't think twice about murder, but messing with animals for no reason/your own sick reasons is just repulsive to me.

Typing this as my dog and cat are sleeping on a blanket at the bottom of my bed.

suzu

I never said that the situation with farm animals isn't terrible or that the cat being kicked is worser.

It's like whenever there's any thread about cruelty towards pets someone always brings up eating/hunting meat, as if to dismiss the former action.

King_Moc

Banned
I was at a cat shelter the other day. One of the cats there was completely blind as some prick had kicked it on the head.

If I was there when this guy did this, i'd have mashed him into a fine paste by the time police got there.

jimbor

Banned
I was at a cat shelter the other day. One of the cats there was completely blind as some prick had kicked it on the head.

If I was there when this guy did this, i'd have mashed him into a fine paste by the time police got there.

Because that's not an overreaction at all...

Dabanton

Lets be real here no you wouldn't have or you'd probably have gotten stomped out by him and his friends.

The more sensible thing to do in this situation would have been to go and see if the cat was OK.

Dunno how People can do such things.

I mean theose are just animals who can't defend themselves against something like brutal humen.

And eventhough I always hear how sharks and crocodiles kill people, I wouldn't hurt a single shark if I'd had the chance to do so.
They are living as we do.

Flies on the other side..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom