• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man dead after 'knife attack' in Woolwich

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Sky explaining it more a amateur homegrown attack

I'd assume so (if it is). Can't imagine Zawahiri planning this one in his Pakistani doombunker (mansion basement). I mean, why not go for the barracks nearby? Or even attack the bystanders.

Wes

venison crêpe
Met Police Statement:

2:20pm reports of assault
Number of weapons including a firearm
The two attackers were shot by police
Increased police presence in area this evening

Jburton

Banned
Keeping this so I can make my point out I was right once the results of the investigation are shared with the public.

Let's see how wrong this dick is.

Your insistence on the fact that all Syrian opposition are extremeist Sunni Al-Qaeda is bullshit, and your a dick for trying to score points on this event.

Keep what you like.

I give it a couple of days before some twat columnist in The Guardian post's an article telling us all how we have to reach out to these animals.

hym

Banned
Your insistence on the fact that all Syrian opposition are extremeist Sunni Al-Qaeda is bullshit, and your a dick for trying to score points on this event.

Keep what you like.

Not every Nazi soldier was a fascist either. Nobody is claiming every insurgent in Syria is affiliated with Al-Qaeda, but the dominant force and its motives are clear, or did you think the Emir of Qatar has spent $3 Billion for humanitarian concerns?

And Al-Qaeda is a Salafi organization, don't insult the Sunni community with your generalizations.

Doesn't really seem like a terrorist attack to me. Sounds more like they were fucked up on something. Why just attack one random person, then get people to take pictures of them posing in front of the dead body? Why not attack other bystanders?

Media already talking about Al Qaeda, christ.

Jburton

Banned
Not every Nazi soldier was a fascist either. Nobody is claiming every insurgent in Syria is affiliated with Al-Qaeda, but the dominant force and it's motives are clear, or did you think the Emir of Qatar has spent $3 Billion for humanitarian concerns?

And Al-Qaeda is a Salafi organization, don't insult the Sunni community with your generalizations.

Well I do apologise to the Sunni community but you have some balls to talk about generalisation.

I'm going to stop talking to you, this shit is derailing the thread.

Doesn't really seem like a terrorist attack to me. Sounds more like they were fucked up on something. Why just attack one random person, then get people to take pictures of them posing in front of the dead body? Why not attack other bystanders?

Yeah, this is the really confusing bit to me, if it was indeed a terrorist incident.

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
Terrorists goal is to scare the fuck out of people. I think their plan has worked. Terrorist attacks don't need massive body counts, they just need to be high profile.

An eyewitness report said that one of the attackers shouted "Allahu akbar". Which if confirmed means that this attack was a terrorist one.

Polari

I give it a couple of days before some twat columnist in The Guardian post's an article telling us all how we have to reach out to these animals.

Probably be posted about the same time as the Daily Mail posts their article about immigration being the cause.

An eyewitness report said that one of the attackers shouted "Allahu akbar". Which if confirmed means that this attack was a terrorist one.

Because they shouted Allahu Akbar?

Could be they were just religious nuts who did it because they were off their meds or does shouting that phrase automatically turn anything anyone does into a terrorist attack?

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
BBC reports attackers made no attempts to escape. When armed police arrived they approached the police, almost like wanting to be shot. Which they were.

Because they shouted Allahu Akbar?

Could be they were just religious nuts who did it because they were off their meds or does shouting that phrase automatically turn anything anyone does into a terrorist attack?

Possibly. Seems more likely to be a terrorist attack if it does turn out to be true.

No it doesn't. Just because they shouted "Allahu akbar", doesn't mean they attacked him for political aims. Labelling it a terrorist attack so quickly just spreads fear within the public, in reality the media have no clue why they attacked this guy.

Hystzen

No it doesn't. Just because they shouted "Allahu akbar", doesn't mean they attacked him for political aims. Labelling it a terrorist attack so quickly just spreads fear within the public, in reality the media have no clue why they attacked this guy.

Sky is not though they using the term terror attack vaguely or not even claim it is. Some media outlets will jump the gun claiming it is but not all

SmokyDave

Sky is not though they using the term terror attack vaguely or not even claim it is. Some media outlets will jump the gun claiming it is but not all
Sky are describing it as "A politically-motivated Islamist terror attack".

CHEEZMO™;58606061 said:
Someone restrain Dave.
Anjem is fucking scum, but sadly he's not stupid. He'll be cleaner than clean.

It was also right outside Woolwich military barracks. I'm leaning towards terrorist attack for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom