• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cross posting but, I just ordered this watch. Always wanted something mechanical, simple and kinda vintage looking.
Saw a nice looking Seiko on Amazon for under $80 and decided to pick it up. First time I've owned a automatic watch. I get pretty mesmerized watching the movements on the back and the sweeping second hand.

imK9NRg1BmNCO.jpg

idku44ggtWKYS.jpg

ib252gOZ1bEUJX.jpg

My only complaint so far is the face is smaller then I anticipated. I will probably go for a larger watch next time.

Kraftwerk

I really like the County of Milan t-shirts, but can't justify the $200 price right now.

Maybe another time.

Lord give me strength

Laekon

Can anyone recommend a cool small leather wallet? I'd really like something made in the US that's just big enough for 4 cards and cash. I've looked at Filson and on Union Made with no luck.

Kraftwerk

Ugly. Like someone wanted to copy givenchy but didn't know how.

Isn't the designer Marcelo Burlon related to Givenchy anyway? Don't know all the specifics.

ooh, I really like that. Definitely in my top picks now. I'm on the lookout until tax-return comes in.

It reminds of my light cycling jacket from Rapha. Has the same minimalist look going on.

Rapha City Jacket;

Thanks mac, might just bite on this soon.

Isn't the designer Marcelo Burlon related to Givenchy anyway? Don't know all the specifics.

ooh, I really like that. Definitely in my top picks now. I'm on the lookout until tax-return comes in.

It reminds of my light cycling jacket from Rapha. Has the same minimalist look going on.

Rapha City Jacket;

Thanks mac, might just bite on this soon.
ooh I like that jacket a lot

Can anyone recommend a cool small leather wallet? I'd really like something made in the US that's just big enough for 4 cards and cash. I've looked at Filson and on Union Made with no luck.
How about Tanner Goods? Might be a bit more than what you're looking to spend, but they're made in Portland, OR and are fantastic quality.

Speaking of which, check out my latest post on the BlueOwl blog to see how the leather changes color with use over time. It's pretty remarkable to see.

Gonna get this.

bought this tonight.
All that grey. You're turning into macuser 2.0 right before our eyes.

It's a gray world, I'm just living in it.

I feel like black, white, and gray is where I need to stock up. Speaking of, a great fitting pair of black shorts would make my month.

Cross posting but, I just ordered this watch. Always wanted something mechanical, simple and kinda vintage looking.

I'm a big fan of Seiko for the lower end watch. I'm not big on utility watches, but I think the brand is defiantly worthwhile so nice pickup.

@luckyboy - Wallet after three years looks awesome, but the original color sort of looks like shit. How long does it take to start changing?

Salazar

you have more made in american stuff than most americans at this point :p

It's not that star-spangled yet. Main stuff I rotate through -

Country Road (Australian brand for basic stuff - chinos, average work shirts, socks - essentially use it like a bunch of gaffers use Uniqlo.
Paul Smith (sunglasses, blazer)
Aspesi (moleskin jacket)
Apolis (USMC jacket thing)
Oliver Spencer (corduroy jacket, a few shirts)
Gant Rugger (coat)
Post Overalls (vests)
Camper (shoes)
Alexander McQueen (shoes)
Cuisse de Grenouille (ties - am looking with interest at the rest of their stuff, though)
Norse Projects (shirts)
Jcrew (bunch of shirts)

It's pretty frustrating having to online order the denim I want. I got a pair of APC New Standard yesterday. I like them the fit is bit more relaxed than what I would consider "perfect". I'm gonna keep them though for times I want to wear a looser jean like that.

I really like the fit of the (too small) N&F Weird Guy I have. I think I'm going to size up in those and they will be just about right.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Cool, I found a store that says they have the N&F spring shirts ordered. Just don't know when they'll arrive but will mail me when they do. Pretty curious to see how they look irl.

friday

I love that Woolrich shirt. I have two of their wool shirt jackets. There is tons of vintage woolrich stuff on ebay if you want more. Prices are pretty good too.

Alucrid

Banned
those are shoes i used to wear back in elementary school cause i didnt know how to tie laces

You were quite the baller in grade school bro.

That jacket is really cool, is the entire lining orange (I think that's the color poking out)? Fits really well.

Yep, entire lining is orange.

Yo hit me up with that jacket

Name? ToJ MA-1 A.

what kind of immaculate look? I simply love everything.

are those mmm velcros?

Yep, they're the velcros.

Just bought some Uniqlo heattech pants/underwear, a Olvidas and Sons cashmere scarf, and some decidedly unfashionable hiking boots for my upcoming trip to Nepal.

Just bought some Uniqlo heattech pants/underwear, a Olvidas and Sons cashmere scarf, and some decidedly unfashionable hiking boots for my upcoming trip to Nepal.

Heattech long johns alone are no joke. I was downright toasty during winter, especially during the cold freezes that randomly hit the SF Bay.

Great. Let's see how they fair in the Himalayas.

Hopefully they will serve you well.

I find it funny that even their short sleeve heattech shirts kept me a little too warm while the long sleeve/long johns combo were perfect as pajamas. Long johns also made for decent running tights under my running shorts.

Zekes!

Bought another pair of N&F, the Beige Weird Guys this time. This is getting bad.

I also got my Scotch & Soda camo shirt jacket

Hopefully they will serve you well.

I find it funny that even their short sleeve heattech shirts kept me a little too warm while the long sleeve/long johns combo were perfect as pajamas. Long johns also made for decent running tights under my running shorts.

Holy shit these things are so fucking warm. Also, I think if I wore these outside I would be arrested. I'm getting some major dick-age.

Bought another pair of N&F, the Beige Weird Guys this time. This is getting bad.

I also got my Scotch & Soda camo shirt jacket
You got the Naked & Famous chinos I assume? I'm not familiar with a beige denim from them.

A question gentlemen.

So, for a slightly higher up boot, would anyone have any recommendation? I saw that Clarks has some sort of urban outfitters exclusive that sorta looks cool , but if there is a better option I'd love to hear it. Thank you!

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=25393091&parentid=MENS_SHOES
What's your price range like? If you can afford them, the Wolverine 1000 Mile and Red Wing Iron Rangers are some of the hottest (and best) boots on the market right now.

For what it's worth, I'm not a huge fan of the ones you linked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom