• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Many Trump voters who got hurricane relief in TX think that Puerto Ricans shouldn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechaX

Does that bitch even know that Puerto Ricans are American citizens?

The answer to this is no.

But some of those folks are so aggressively stupid that they'll push back on it even if they learned about it.

Basically, to quote a certain abridged series; "Don't weep for the stupid, you'll be crying all day."

Socivol

Christianity is all about help the poor (those in need).

These people are hypocrites if they're churchgoers.

It's going to be so interesting when they die and see a black Jesus that is like "Nah you can't come to the party" Fake ass Christians are the worst kind of people.

PMS341

You aren't from the US, are you?

In the South, there is a large influx of people just like this who hide behind religion to mask their racism, bigotry, and ignorance in general. They won't listen to discourse or reason, yet follow blindly in the shadows of Fox News headlines and echochambers of the "Rants and Raves" section of Craigslist. When there are literally ads describing an "attack" on Christianity, you know they are terrified of a possible future minimizing racism and hate speech.

Ponn

Banned

Awful lot of Christians voted for Trump, majority in fact. He speaks his mind and they like that because he embodies their beliefs, them Christian Family Values. Remember Jesus classic “fuck you lepers I got mine”

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
The age old fuck you, got mine. Its also funny to read about old white people rationalize their bigotry by placing full faith in their imaginings of how it must be on the island.

Opto

Banned
Awful lot of Christians voted for Trump, majority in fact. He speaks his mind and they like that because he embodies their beliefs, them Christian Family Values. Remember Jesus classic “fuck you lepers I got mine”
I heard Jesus also refused to heal the poor so that they would get motivated.

These people think of Puerto Rico as a completely separate nation. It’s utterly baffling.

Even if it was, what is this completely despicable behaviour to say that PR needs to look out for itself?

I do remember that in recent time countries like Mexico and Australia sent help to the US..

Tigress

Just to add.... 99.999% of the population has power. I don't know of anyone, even in more remote areas right in the middle of the mountains, who has no electricity under normal circumstances.

Even if he is right, it's not even the electricity that is the biggest problem. Many right now have no access to clean water. Many are getting sick cause they have to get water from where they can. And they're not getting access to healthcare to help with that either.

Anyways, that guy is the epitome of fuck you, I got mine. No empathy whatsoever and fuck anyone too poor to do "the right thing" (according to him). And if they can't then well, they deserved it according to him. For some one like him I'd feel no sympathy if he finds himself in the same situation.

His wife at least showed she had a heart even if she was stupid about it.

Also, I wonder how he'd feel if I said he shouldn't get relief cause he chose to live in an area that gets hurricanes. Should have picked a safer place to live so why should I pay for recovery for his area?

Alebrije

Let me guess, all of them think they are good christians. No matter how bad is PR they are taking our money and God does not want that.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
It says a lot that primary Republican supporters are now often so old, they speak in terms of "who has electricity these days? Rich people from New York City? That's not for real Americans."

Of course it's worth remembering that people this old would have come of age when Prosperity Gospel was just hitting its prime time - the literal religion of Fuck You, God's Got Mine. There is a reason why certain older Americans are mean spirited, callous, and tell everyone to "get your own". It's been drilled into them that God himself advocates a Dog Eat Dog world, and selfishness is next to Godliness.

GYODX

We had power before Irma & Maria. EVERYONE had power. Cell phone service was shoddy in more remote places; I have friends in Utuado, Maricao, etc. who basically never have mobile data in their homes, but EVERYONE had power and running water.

Azuran

Banned
Are Trump supporters even able to develop a single original thought or do they just parrot everything Dear Leader says?

I can't believe we live in the so called Information Age and we still have fucking moron like this.

4G4Mav7WLqNOOHoyUi9JfPjLDgY=.gif

Capra

But guys, these are the people we're supposed to be trying to empathize with so they can see the error of their ways and vote correctly in the next election.
/s

Fuck these people. Bunch of ignorant hypocrites without an ounce of empathy.

abundant

Are Trump supporters even able to develop a single original thought or do they just parrot everything Dear Leader says?

I can't believe we live in the so called Information Age and we still have fucking moron like this.

Like was pointed out earlier in the thread, a lot of Republicans (not just Trump supporters) get their information from Trump and his administration, Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, or off of Facebook, automatically think it's all true without any fact checking, and then parrot that "information" ad nauseam. Trump is just like his supporters as well because he'll parrot anything he heard from Fox and Friends.

The conservative inclination is to desire and ensure social order, which often entails deferring to one's authority figures. We already know from preliminary neurological studies that conservative-minded people tend to block out conflicting information, perceive more "disgust", and rely on pre-existing frameworks and people they "respect" to make judgments rather than incorporate new information or feelings (i.e., via empathy). So given this, their attitudes are not really a surprise; they're just gross.

Also, every time I see one of these "let's ask the Trump voters" articles, they're almost always interviewing someone older than 65. I know younger Trump voters exist, but they rarely get selected for these articles. Not that I'd expect a great deal more sympathy from young Trumpets, but I'm really tired from hearing from old people who still think it's 1950.

Two Words

The majority of "Christians" only go to church and pray to god because they selfishly want to give themselves the best chance of having a blessed after-life. They don't give a shit about people in need.

Folks need to stop assuming all these folks are uneducated and poor. These are intelligent people
Eh, not necessarily. I can't count the number of times a Republican's resume got blown up in spectacular fashion. Guys claiming to be SEALs when they burned out of basic training. Electrical engineers actually being technicians but demanded having "engineer" in their official title. Claiming to have worked for so-and-so and when someone actually does the digging, they'd never heard of him.

Have you been to Texas? It's the ultimate poser state, at least in the deep red districts. If you want acceptance it's all about where you live, what you drive and how much you make. There's immense social pressure to wildly exaggerate your resume, even if you're retired if you want an invite to your neighbor's next barbecue. These people (who are judgmental as fuck so they're most certainly not exceptions to what I'm saying here) live in ranch homes near Houston. You think a former NASA engineer couldn't have done better than that? Especially if it's some jackass who judges others on how financially successful they are. These people live in the absolute biggest house in the most expensive neighborhood they can barely afford and often beyond what they can afford. Which, in this case, for an engineer that a high tech firm in any era would practically offer sexual favors to hire, is a ranch home outside Houston.

They're not poor, no. But they're not smart, and their claims can't be trusted. Not when they're living their own image of what stupid people think smart people are like.

Edit: FWIW, most actual engineers I've met in just about any state are Republican. But I'll take any bluster out of Texas with a grain of salt. "Worked AT NASA", as opposed to for NASA, is an interesting choice of words.

Ploid 3.0

The ultimate" I got mine so fuck you" mentality.

Which seems like republicans line of thinking to me. No empathy, only want people to help others when they suddenly need that help then it's back to bootstraps when they are in a good place again. It's no wonder the republicans who are supposed to represent their constituents are instead representing corporations since they bought their voice.

American person that is alive is the constituent I'm talking about, not the corporations. Even if republicans want to classify them as people for reason$.

”They don't live deprived, because it's a beautiful environment," she continued. ”The weather is nice, the climate is good most of the time, so it's different from here . . . It works there because of the climate. It wouldn't work here."

Isn't the weather there more hot and humid than Florida/Texas? Also, these people saying this stuff can fuck right off.

Kusagari

The Internet allows these people to find some shady website that “backs up” any fucked up belief they have.

The internet might actually be the worst thing that ever happened to society.

And I consider these completely ignorant ppl in the OP as the moderate ones, who still support the part where he's a business man.

A lot of GAF forgets that the saner Trump supporters will instantly drown out that he also represents stuff like racism, etc. They'll just focus on him being a business man or the "good points"

Does that make them racist or sexist? Because jumping to that conclusion and making those accusations makes potentially sane folk like above who might actually reconsider voting for Trump into digging into their heels while saying "No I'm not!" Hell, they might even vote with their emotions again.

I'm not sure if the right way to get ppl to not vote for Trump is to turn down the immediate blame game on them, but I'm sure there are better ways to convince people.

The Internet allows these people to find some shady website that “backs up” any fucked up belief they have.

The internet might actually be the worst thing that ever happened to society.

. Republicans found a gold mine on the internet because it's the greatest propaganda tool in the world since it's completely unregulated. They just didn't realize it till they actually had a popular candidate (Trump). Dems floundered because internally they not are just not as ruthless as Republicans in propaganda and advertisement.

the 2 Tier treatment of territories has reared its ugly face on what Sate Americans think how Territory Americans should be treated.

It's high time to recognize them for Statehood and treat them like human beings instead of belongings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom