• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

RBH

Z9ny8vZ.jpg

Zach

Wait what the fuck how have I never heard of this

His son died by being choked. Doubt it was a crossface.

Apparently he used a cord for his wife and a pillow on his kid. If I'm remembering correctly.

Are you telling me I shouldn't believe the NeoGAF thread about it and this Hollywood.com article that cites DAVID MELTZER?!

Late wrestling star Chris Benoit murdered his 7-year-old son with his trademark ring move, the Crippler Crossface, according to police.

The WWE fighter, 40, asphyxiated his wife Nancy and son Daniel last month, before hanging himself a day later.

Police investigating the case believe he may have employed a version of his famed `finishing move’ to kill his young son–because marks on the boy’s body match those on victims of Benoit’s in the ring.

District Attorney Scott Ballard says, “A choke hold was used, rather than hands. There’s no bruising consistent with strangulation by hands.”

Wrestling writer Dave Meltzer adds, “There was bruising consistent with the Crippler Crossface on one arm and Daniel’s face. There were no bruises on his neck."

http://www.hollywood.com/celebrities/chris-benoit-used-crippler-hold-to-kill-his-son-57169988/

Zach

I don't fully believe it. And I don't have to!

But man, I'm glad I didn't read that before my chrono-journey began. Sick to think about.

klonere

Banned
The Miyahara heel run is going to be immense boys. I'd be done for a turn to extend his title reign or freshen up his character when he does lose the belt.

TCIsyoH.png

shanafan

Maybe I didn't understand this at first, but I thought the WWE Network censored Benoit's name in the all PPVs? Just had Royal Rumble 2004 on and I felt nothing was edited. Tazz and JR said his name left and right.

Pikma

Banned
Maybe I didn't understand this at first, but I thought the WWE Network censored Benoit's name in the all PPVs? Just had Royal Rumble 2004 on and I felt nothing was edited. Tazz and JR said his name left and right.
They didn't remove the content, they just removed his name from the search database

Beefy

Yeah, I always assumed it just wasn't talked about in the last few years whenever the subject came up because it was one of the more depressing aspects

Why I can't watch his matches as well. Just reminds me what he did.

I've always heard otherwise.

Pretty sure that was just nonsense rumours.
Was in all the papers here about him using it to kill his son. Never took it as 100% fact as we will never truly know. Still makes it a lot harder thinking about Benoit wrestling.

Zach

None of you knew he used the cross face? It was everywhere over here abut him using it.

I may have seen something about it in 2007, but I wasn't following wrestling then so it could've slipped my mind. Especially if I was incredulous. Which I still kinda am.

They didn't remove the content, they just removed his name from the search database

They removed commentary about him during Vengeance 2007. When Johnny Nitro enters to face CM Punk, there's no commentary. So I checked it out on YouTube or DailyMotion or whatever and yeah, they talk about Benoit then.

Just saying.

Pikma

Banned
I don't usually cross post but I want you to have a laugh at this (and stop bringing that piece of shit up):

There's a guy in the B/S/T thread selling a Switch for $300 plus shipping

The catch? It's just the system and the joy cons, no box, no dock and no charger

😂

Toki767

I don't usually cross post but I want you to have a laugh at this (and stop bringing that piece of shit up):

The catch? It's just the system and the joy cons, no box, no dock and no charger

😂

Well yeah. He probably bought an extra system just for the dock and figured he could sell the rest.

😂
I bet someone will cave and actually buy it, like a dumbass.

Pikma

Banned
Well yeah. He probably bought an extra system just for the dock and figured he could sell the rest.
That or he stole it?

Either way, selling the console at retail price without indispensable accessories is scummy as fuck, scalpers are the worst

URAH URAH URAH

Someone wants to smell what the Walt is cookin on GWF

Are you telling me I shouldn't believe the NeoGAF thread about it and this Hollywood.com article that cites DAVID MELTZER?!

http://www.hollywood.com/celebrities/chris-benoit-used-crippler-hold-to-kill-his-son-57169988/

Holy shit, this is awful. Like, it gives you a real perspective into how much Benoit was damaged

Try manually looking for his matches. They even went as far as rename every title or PPV match he had in order to erase his name: "Chris Benoit vs Jericho blabla" is something like: "Jericho in a title match".

yuraya

So is Shane vs AJ a done deal? They should really get someone else for AJ. He is way too talented to have such a dumb and pointless match at Mania.

Top Bottom