• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Golf: World Tour |OT| Bring Cursing to the Fore with Mario and Friends!

Jasconius

Finally got around to trying the new DLC courses - man these are ridiculous, but kind of awesome. I tried it with Rosalina from the tournament tees, and the "fairways" and greens are seriously unforgiving. I think I would have a better time just playing with non-star Peach!

They were both pretty fun to play, though.

Is anyone still playing vs at all? Been busy with watching the World Cup but I would be down for setting up games if people were interested. :)

Lkr

I'm tempted to buy this on the eShop because I have been craving Hot Shots Golf but can't find a PSP charger. Is the DLC worth it?

daydream

Banned
I'm tempted to buy this on the eShop because I have been craving Hot Shots Golf but can't find a PSP charger. Is the DLC worth it?

Hm, definitely. The courses are especially worth the (what I think) low price for the amount of content you get. Also, all the character animations are really well done, so it's worth trying out the new chars just to see those.

cube444

Finally got my first hole in one on a Par 4 course. Forest Course on the 13th hole. :)

Already have a bunch of hole in one shots for Par 3 courses.

No saved replays suck. :(

Velcro Fly

My standings were full so I have to view trophy ceremonies

Holy gosh these load times for this. I have like 5 or 6 to go through and it might take me 20 minutes and that is with skipping the actual ceremony.

Have not missed participating in a tournament yet though.

daydream

Banned
My standings were full so I have to view trophy ceremonies

Holy gosh these load times for this. I have like 5 or 6 to go through and it might take me 20 minutes and that is with skipping the actual ceremony.

Have not missed participating in a tournament yet though.

Me neither (I don't think), though some of these days it might happen what with Robin's document not being up to date anymore. :p

Velcro Fly

I got a new costume! I completed some club slot challenge on Yoshi Lake. Clutched out some birdies even though a score of 20 is pretty easy on that course. I never remember to look and see if I have any challenges available in Castle Club.

I also apparently suck at speed golf despite getting birdie or better on every hole. I think my problem is the muscle memory to put spin on everything is there so I do it on speed golf too and it takes up a ton of time.

I have almost 300k coins saved up. Time to cheese the one on one putt challenge :(

I bought this game on day 1 and I'm just now being able to get to play it. Feel like I'm way behind - why can't I view the rankings of the tournaments in-progress?

Any point to actually using particular characters other than the Mii? (Other than you like that character of course) And what's the deal with "star" characters? So behind....I'll read the op again.

There a good place to find GAF games?

jlevel13

why can't I view the rankings of the tournaments in-progress?

You can. Select tournaments (or in the castle club mode go to the clubroom and walk up to the screen thing), click on scores, click on standings, then on the tournament. This will load up a list and show where you are ranked and also the top ten scores.

daydream

Banned
Some newcomers, cool. I made a FAQ that might answer some of your questions:

I bought this game on day 1 and I'm just now being able to get to play it. Feel like I'm way behind - why can't I view the rankings of the tournaments in-progress?

Any point to actually using particular characters other than the Mii? (Other than you like that character of course) And what's the deal with "star" characters? So behind....I'll read the op again.

There a good place to find GAF games?

Kouriozan

I forgot to play last week and now, oh look, I won Double Peora 2, what! 0_o

zlCfzSJSpjYSriMHH4

100% luck based.

Phil S.

Banned
I finally completed all of the costume challenges that I've been doing on and off again with. The last two I needed were both 600 coin challenges, one in DK Jungle and one in Cheep Cheep Lagoon.

I say off and on because I play when new gear is available through tournaments.

Phil S.

Banned
Definitely. It has loads of content, lots to unlock, many modes, enjoyable online play and tournaments, and is challenging without being overly frustrating.

yayaba

So I haven't entered any tournaments but I when I try to check standings everything is blank. Am I supposed to be seeing anything?

Loading it the first time did take quite awhile though but I expected to see stats after it did.

daydream

Banned
They'll eventually have to get to NES themed gear, right? Would give up my Open Tournament Golf outfit for that.

Also, the game is part of that Best Buy 2 for 1 deal, so we'll probably get some new players in here soon.

cube444

Almost squeezed out 330 yards on the long drive contest. Really fun seeing how far I can hit.

I hit 330.43 with my current Mii.

P.S. I have 100,000 coins. Do you guys know what the best Mii combo is to buy or would the costumes cover that?

Any ideas are welcome.

cube444

Wow, so I had no clue that you got more coins by going in to check your results in the tournaments that you had entered.

My best result was the "DLC Stroke Play 5 - Rock Candy Mines" where I shot a -8 and came ranked at #263 out of 1661 players.

I'm actually at 230,000 coins now. :lol

Rock-Candy Mines is mental.

def a tough course to master.

Best I've done so far is a -10.

Main thing is at some points you have to play not be greedy. What I mean is play the "safer" shot instead of going for the riskier 1W full power tee shot.

Velcro Fly

How the fuck am I supposed to get 600 coins in 9 holes in Cheep Cheep Lagoon? Do I just need to hit 9 holes of perfect shots? I hope there is like a YouTube video of someone doing this because otherwise I have no clue. Sitting at 243 coins after six holes. I've hit some bad shots but I feel like this is the hardest coin rush for a costume.

edit: Got a 343.68 drive in the contest. Was already gold but that will put me higher than 330 or so that I was.

Now to do this ugly handicap tourney for no trophy :(

Jasconius

I don't understand how you can get drives that long on the long drive contest... >_<

Still playing here and there. Do we know when the next big tournament is with the tougher version of the courses? I'm definitely excited to try another one of those~

cube444

I don't understand how you can get drives that long on the long drive contest... >_<

Still playing here and there. Do we know when the next big tournament is with the tougher version of the courses? I'm definitely excited to try another one of those~

Don't hit the ball in the middle. Hit it with side spin so that the wind doesn't affect it as much.

bumpkin

Got the game on Sunday via Best Buy's B1G1 sale, been having a bunch of fun with it. So far I've won the first two championships. Also posted scores in two of the tournaments ending today; hope I win one of 'em!

I'm having a bitch of a time winning the third championship, keep losing strokes on that damn hole with the stone arch just before the green. Of course it doesn't help that whomever is nipping at my heels -- usually Mario -- seems to do no wrong. I've been ahead by one or two strokes going into the final holes about three times so far and eventually lost the tourney every time (came in 2nd) to that pudgy, plunger pushing, pasta-slurping bastard! :mad:

At any rate, I'll probably join the community later today. The code is in the OT, right?

EDIT: I hope that the GAF tours are a bit more fair. I just saw the results for the two in-game tourneys I entered; these scores are a joke! A -26 on an 18 hole course is almost all Eagles. WTF. No sense in even trying.

Top Bottom