• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

The second step to getting back on track is discussion. Or we can go on admitting we have a problem for a page or so.

We've already determined that there aren't any secret, secret characters, right?

There could be Baby Wiggler already in the game but available as free DLC at a later time.

The second step to getting back on track is discussion. Or we can go on admitting we have a problem for a page or so.

We've already determined that there aren't any secret, secret characters, right?

Yea as far as we can tell nintendo has announced everyone and that embargo one reviewer was talking about wasn't stage or character related.

WillyFive

I made a mistake in saying the game had no original incidental music, Mario Kart 7 does indeed have new music for the beginning of a race and does not re-use the Mario Kart Wii one.

Is anyone up for some Mario Kart Wii later or something? I'm down for playing around 9ish EST .
I could probably get on like 10pm or so. no promises though
It think those are it. As to unlock the characters
you have to beat each cup at 150cc with only the Mii being unlocked when you beat every cup, regardless of cc

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Is anyone up for some Mario Kart Wii later or something? I'm down for playing around 9ish EST .

I'd be down for sure. Message me on GAF or AIM.

udivision

Hmm... the roster is far from a deal breaker, but I'm curious as to why this game is so downscaled in the ways it is. The models/sound are already there. I don't think they're reaching the limits of the 3DS cart. Or are they?

Sianos

Hoping the secret mode is Custom Grand Prix or Mission Mode, but its probably just a sound test or something.

I'll be representing Yoshi; he was always the best. Fits my playstyle perfectly.

Hmm... the roster is far from a deal breaker, but I'm curious as to why this game is so downscaled in the ways it is. The models/sound are already there. I don't think they're reaching the limits of the 3DS cart. Or are they?

Mario Kart DS didn't have a very big roster either. I guess they just leave the larger rosters to the console Mario Karts.

One thing that irks me about this series is how they take things out from the past game so randomly. I get that everyone didn't like DD but they could have at least had a DD mode. Same thing for bikes. What they did with the roster is also so random and odd. Were people really clamoring for Metal mario or Queen Bee? Making some sort of metal box item would have been far more appropriate.

udivision

One thing that irks me about this series is how they take things out from the past game so randomly. I get that everyone didn't like DD but they could have at least had a DD mode. Same thing for bikes. What they did with the roster is also so random and odd. Were people really clamoring for Metal mario or Queen Bee? Making some sort of metal box item would have been far more appropriate.

That's what I'm saying. DD mode, bikes, and everything.
That's why all these pokemon fans are here... it's like they took a page from Game Freak.

One thing that irks me about this series is how they take things out from the past game so randomly. I get that everyone didn't like DD but they could have at least had a DD mode. Same thing for bikes. What they did with the roster is also so random and odd. Were people really clamoring for Metal mario or Queen Bee?

Were people clamoring for Urban Champion 3D???

Nintendo just doesn't give a fuck at times and sometimes it's annoying and sometimes it's genius.

Maybe Honey Queen is great in the game in how she drives???

I don't get the offense taken at characters like this.

some people were clamouring for Metal mario. i remember a bit of a celebration when he was announced, but i don't think people realised he was an 'instead of' character rather than an 'as well as' type of deal.

there's a few other game series that seem to always take away a feature after it was added, it's as if they want to make each game still have something that you'd go back to. i've never really understood it though.

why can't there be a 'collect coins to increase top speed' mode in every mario kart aswell? espescially this one which actually has coins...

I wouldn't say they suck, but there's something about them that's broken. Every time I play online the bikes always seem to be coming in first.

Yeah. By suck, I mean they're too good, and they imbalance the game. Which is sorta the opposite of suck. And that's why instead of teaching linguistics, I post on GAF.

udivision

I don't get the offense taken at characters like this.
For the same reason people would get made if Luigi was taken out and replaced with Goomther.
When you have a roster shrink + random characters that no one particularly likes, people get mad (Waluigi walu-where?).

When you grow the roster with random additions, no one minds.

I have created a big fat mess
Stop trying to derail our discussion. >:-|

For the same reason people would get made if Luigi was taken out and replaced with Goomther.
When you have a roster shrink + random characters that one particularly likes, people get mad (Waluigi walu-where?).

When you grow the roster with random additions, no one minds.

But no important characters were taken out.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Bikes would be fine as long as they were confined to their own mode. I haven't actually played MKWii, but everything I've heard pointed to them being overpowered versus karts.

udivision

But no important characters were taken out.
Obviously, that's debatable.
And obviously, one was.

Bikes would be fine as long as they were confined to their own mode. I haven't actually played MKWii, but everything I've heard pointed to them being overpowered versus karts.

After playing the game and learning to use bikes, you'd ask "Why are karts even in this game. They should have thier own Low-Tier mode"

Sianos

Mario Kart DS only had 12 characters, so I think this is a decent amount. A few I'm sad to see gone, though.

Have we made sure there aren't characters unlocked by mirror mode or expert staff ghosts?

udivision

Mario Kart DS only had 12 characters, so I think this is a decent amount. A few I'm sad to see gone, though.

Have we made sure there aren't characters unlocked by mirror mode or expert staff ghosts?

Yea, we know all the characters.
Also, I don't think we should give this game a pass and compare it to MKDS. It's coming out after MKWii, and the gap between console and handheld is closing.

I even like Waluigi but I don't care.

Now if they took TOAD out, I'd said "no sale" and actually mean it unlike those that throw that around in tantrum.
Waluigi only exists in these side games. Taking him out of one is like taking Mario out of a mario platformer. Okay, not really but still.

Are there any pictures of Wiggler driving? I can't really imagine how that's going to work.

The new powerups seem cool and the game looks great but they really dropped the ball with the new characters. I love Galaxy but none of it's characters really stick out to me as being interesting enough to be included in other games, and a metal powerup would have been way better than a palette-swapped Mario.

I'm not complaining too much because I'd way rather them mess that up than something gameplay related, but the roster is a boring disappointment.

Waluigi only exists in these side games. Taking him out of one is like taking Mario out of a mario platformer. Okay, not really but still.

The thing is, some say he will be saved as a super secret character or as DLC but this is Waluigi, Nintendo doesn't think he matters that much.

Maybe they have more devious plans for him for the Wii U, like a game featuring him.

WALUIGIWARE.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Are there any pictures of Wiggler driving? I can't really imagine how that's going to work.

The new powerups seem cool and the game looks great but they really dropped the ball with the new characters. I love Galaxy but none of it's characters really stick out to me as being interesting enough to be included in other games, and a metal powerup would have been way better than a palette-swapped Mario.

I'm not complaining too much because I'd way rather them mess that up than something gameplay related, but the roster is a boring disappointment.

de70j.png

Did Nintendo not create any worthwhile NPC's with Galaxy?
I'd vote for the Chimp, but other than that and Rosalina...
There was the penguin coach and old bearded-penguin guy. but not a whole lot that would work. Sunshine didn't add much beyond Bowser jr. as far as Mario Kart is concerned, and now Bowser jr. isn't even in this one.

Top Bottom