• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

He
turns red too when he's hit by a projectile
in case you didn't already know.
It'd ruin him for competitive play but it would have been awesome if he also got a short speed boost during which he randomly veered across the course.

Even the part you spoiled is sort of cool, maybe they'll add in more character specific reactions going forward.

Emitan

Whoa. Wiggler sounds totally badass.

Not even going to dignify some of the statements on the previous page with a remark.
You know who you are

udivision

It'd ruin him for competitive play but it would have been awesome if he also got a short speed boost during which he randomly veered across the course.

Even the part you spoiled is sort of cool, maybe they'll add in more character specific reactions going forward.

They took bikes out man. Don't think anyone will ever get "Short speed boosts" ever again.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
They totally missed having Wiggler turn into a Flutter when he glides, though. :(

Also, speaking of Mario Galaxy characters, why not include Spooky Speedster or The Chimp, two characters who actually have a business racing. :(

I don't think so, I think you can mix and match to your heart's content.

Brilliant. Actually, to be honest, I liked how the DS game started with each racer limited to a selection of karts themed around that character, and then it opened up as you progressed. That was great, they should do that again at some point. Driving the Poltergeist was too cool... not to mention the Dry Bomber (aka: the best Mario Kart kart that isn't the Blue Falcon).

I don't think so, I think you can mix and match to your heart's content.

So I CAN put shyguy in a heavy kart, things aren't boding well for my usual main man/ape Donkey Kong, I guess I can mix it up.
I hope this game doesn't have those extra stats for each character that for example gave some top speed boosts while others got shafted with increased off road or something, led to the online having a lot of the same characters floating around.

Codeblue

Brilliant. Actually, to be honest, I liked how the DS game started with each racer limited to a selection of karts themed around that character, and then it opened up as you progressed. That was great, they should do that again at some point. Driving the Poltergeist was too cool... not to mention the Dry Bomber (aka: the best Mario Kart kart that isn't the Blue Falcon).
That reminds me of the Rob Legs kart. Wiggler in Rob Legs is a missed opportunity.

udivision

How many actual carts have been used in the Mario Kart Series?
Between MKDS, MKW, and now MK7, it seems like a lot. But does anyone really care?

Watch Da Birdie

So, I found a list off how to unlock all the characters...I'm kind of disappointed that you have to unlock so many of them. I wanted to start off with Shy Guy. :(

All Cups on any cc to Race as your Mii
Get 1st in Mushroom Cup 150 cc - Daisy
Get 1st in Flower Cup 150cc - Wario
Get 1st in Star Cup 150cc - Rosalina
Get 1st in Special Cup 150cc - Metal Mario
Get 1st in Shell Cup 150cc - Shy Guy
Get 1st in Banana Cup 150cc - Queen Bee
Get 1st in Leaf Cup 150cc - Wiggler
Get 1st in Lightning Cup 150cc - Lakitu

So, I found a list off how to unlock all the characters...I'm kind of disappointed that you have to unlock so many of them. I wanted to start off with Shy Guy. :(

I feel your pain, on the other hand it will make the unlock all the sweeter. Looks like DK is my starting character after all.

Watch Da Birdie

Well, luckily Shy Guy is unlocked
by doing the easiest Retro Cup

Thank God there's no Star-Unlock Characters. Still don't have those in Wii MK.

Well, luckily Shy Guy is unlocked
by doing the easiest Retro Cup

Thank God there's no Star-Unlock Characters. Still don't have those in Wii MK.

Star unlocks were a slight irritation, an ill timed blue shell in the final race could ruin a perfect run and foil the needed star rank, i'm glad they dropped that approach.

Online is getting populated! Just had five or six runs with eight people, all pretty damn epic and I managed to snag a few late second victories as well.

This is fun!

test_account

XP-39C²
This is the first 3DS game that really makes me want a 3DS. Just wondering about online play, is there any rubber banding going on there?

test_account

XP-39C²
Rubber banding? I thought that had to do with CPU characters.
Yeah, it is probably mostly known for being on CPU characters, but it is fully possible to include it in multiplayer as well. That if you're behind, then your speed is increased, so that you can get a chance to catch up.

BowieZ

Banned
I can't believe half of the tracks have different names in different regions!

Cheep Cheep Cape - Cheep Cheep Lagoon
Wuhu Island Loop - Wuhu Loop
Melody Motorway - Music Park
Alpine Pass - Rock Rock Mountain
Piranha Plant Pipeway - Piranha Plant Slide
Wario's Galleon - Wario's Shipyard
Koopa City - Neo Bowser City
Wuhu Mountain Loop - Maka Wuhu

WHY THE FUCK

Top Bottom