• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

And i've only just noticed that the fake item isn't in this game, gone are the days of dropping it into an actual item patch and chortling at the victim, it was a Toad's Turnpike staple that one.
I always hated that you couldn't block shells with it though, but still, odd that they took it out.

How do people feel about trying to organize single character only days?

Today is a designated Queen Bee only day. If you see any GAFfers playing as other characters you should attempt to target them with all your attacks.

I always hated that you couldn't block shells with it though, but still, odd that they took it out.
I can see why they would remove something like that. It basically did the same thing as a Banana where it could either be placed or you threw it out at front, and its best use requires that you wait until you can place it in another item box which even then you can still see it as long as you're paying attention.

Had this in my hands at Target the employee went in back to grab a copy. When he rang it up it said do not sell before 12/4. When did target finally get with the times, I always had no problem buying games early there.

Not sure if serious...
image.php

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Same here.
MKWii just didn't seem too appealing.
This, however, looks like everything in DS but oh so much better.

If anything, this looks more like a direct sequel to the Wii game based just on design and online structure. DS was great for track selection, featuring the best overall in the series I believe, but the Wii game was far more polished overall and played wonderfully.

You guys that never tried the Wii version should eventually give it a shot.

@MUWANdo

Banned
I know that Communities are limited to one ruleset and can't be modified once they're created, but will we be able to set up custom rulesets when playing with friends, either in the same room or online after we've traded friend codes?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
that's always what pirates say

id upload a photo of the game case, but my torrent client is hogging the bandwidth :(

Also, this game is rage inducing.

I haven't unlocked much and was instead learning on line. finally started doing well, then got blue shelled followed by red shelled followed by green halo of shells about 10 metres from the finish line. Finished dead last!

It's all good though, raping someone in a similar fashion always feels delicious.

Can anyone explain, what the 'Create Gand Prix' menu point in the Mario Kart Channel options does. It has to be street pass related I guess, that's all I figured out...

eXistor

I'm liking the game so far (went on sale yesterday here), but god DAMN the music is bad. Mario Kart hasn't had some great tunes in a while, but this takes it to a new level of terrible. It sound incredibly random, just some notes here and there, no melodies to speak of. It really hits home how bad it is when you start playing the cups with old tracks. Music's pretty important aspect in games for me and it's a shame to see how low it's sunk with this one.

nofi

Played a good few hours of this yesterday - it's good, but some of the new tracks are a bit dull. Gameplay is solid, though, and the visuals are lovely. Will have my review up tomorrow morning.

Mistle

I'm liking the game so far (went on sale yesterday here), but god DAMN the music is bad. Mario Kart hasn't had some great tunes in a while, but this takes it to a new level of terrible. It sound incredibly random, just some notes here and there, no melodies to speak of. It really hits home how bad it is when you start playing the cups with old tracks. Music's pretty important aspect in games for me and it's a shame to see how low it's sunk with this one.
That blows :/ Track music is more important that some people realise. Can really change the whole mood.

Shouldn't we hide the Mario kart GAF community codes in email code so only GAF members could use it?

I forgot how it works though, lol. It's when you hit quote on someone's post and it shows an email or password that is hidden to any non GAF member

I completely agree.

Can anyone explain exactly how ghosts work for time trial?
I've read a few worrying impressions that say it doesn't have the same system from the Wii version where you could pick ghosts to download yourself, whether they belong to you your friends or pick ones that have times similar to your current best.
It'll be disappointing if that's just been replaced with SpotPass downloads you have no control over and StreetPass.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Got it :) Graphics looks superb, better than the Wii version, and the framerate seems locked at 60fps, whatever happens on screen. Plus it's 3D (I love 3D).

I'm at work now, so I'll join you online tonight!

Kind of sucks that Shy Guy is in the lightest weight class. I hope there is enough variability with the kart customization that he'll actually be playable online.

Mario Kart Wii became a broken mess every time you saw a Funky Kong on a bike.

Only played for twenty minutes, but really enjoying it so far. The 3D is great for me; it's the first 3DS game I've been able to have on max for a) an extended period of time and b) at max without ghosting.

Top Bottom