• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Possibly a stupid question but can you play multiplayer online with friends AND bots or just friends????

I guess you can't do it in Mario Kart Wii so you can't do it here either.

Nevermind.

Possibly a stupid question but can you play multiplayer online with friends AND bots or just friends????

Unfortunately I dont have any friends on the 3ds to try this with so cant answer your question.

One thing I am wondering, did they scrap completely the mission/challenge mode from the DS game? I dont see it in this game and it was part of what made Mario Kart DS so amazing, with the challenging challenges and boss battles.

Can you see your friends' Time Trial times? Hearing worrying reports that you can't, which would be bizarre for a racing game but you can't rule anything out with Nintendo when it comes to online.

Berordn

storafötter;33107645 said:
Unfortunately I dont have any friends on the 3ds to try this with so cant answer your question.

One thing I am wondering, did they scrap completely the mission/challenge mode from the DS game? I dont see it in this game and it was part of what made Mario Kart DS so amazing, with the challenging challenges and boss battles.

Apparently they did cut it, and it doesn't seem like they rolled a half-baked version into the MK Channel like they did in the Wii version. Sad.

Apparently they did cut it, and it doesn't seem like they rolled a half-baked version into the MK Channel like they did in the Wii version. Sad.

Thats a shame, outside the new mechanics it is the same old Mario Kart alright. At least I am happy for the new community features and 1 cart play options.

Lkr

Nintendo:
1726009-shut_up_and_take_my_money_super.jpg

b2g1 half off at Toys R Us and buying it with Mario 3D Land. I can't regret buying a 3DS now

GeekyDad

"You need to enter an IP Address to join a server? What is this shit?"

Oh, gimmie a fucking break with that cheap-ass comparison (and you too, whomever made the other lazy contribution). For all intents and purposes, it's a console, man. The impression was that "communities" were lobbies you could easily join. It's not the matter of how long it takes to join a community, it's the fact you can't simply hop into a community -- you have to have what is essentially a friend code.

No need to blow everything someone says on GAF way out of proportion. Just because it's the popular thing to do, doesn't mean it makes it worth a shit to say. Use some common sense and don't be so quick to reject every criticism. Wasn't saying, "Fuck it, not buying now." Just pointing out the fact it's another seemingly unnecessary obstacle Nintendo has thrown into a fan favorite.

Oh, gimmie a fucking break with that cheap-ass comparison (and you too, whomever made the other lazy contribution). For all intents and purposes, it's a console, man. The impression was that "communities" were lobbies you could easily join. It's not the matter of how long it takes to join a community, it's the fact you can't simply hop into a community -- you have to have what is essentially a friend code.

No need to blow everything someone says on GAF way out of proportion. Just because it's the popular thing to do, doesn't mean it makes it worth a shit to say. Use some common sense and don't be so quick to reject every criticism. Wasn't saying, "Fuck it, not buying now." Just pointing out the fact it's another seemingly unnecessary obstacle Nintendo has thrown into a fan favorite.

What do you mean by "simply hop into"? How would one go about simply hopping into a GAF community without a community code?

methodman

Banned
Lol @ community codes being an issue at all... Shit even If you were able to search for the GAF community, we'd probably have a password for it you'd have to type (OMG Don't make me type something!!!) to get into.

hatchx

Banned
How they hell are you guys all playing?

I called my mom and pop break-street-date game shop already and they said Saturday.

What gives!

King_Moc

Banned
How they hell are you guys all playing?

I called my mom and pop break-street-date game shop already and they said Saturday.

What gives!

It's out in Europe tomorrow. I got mine today :)

I thought you could see the top 100 communities? You don't seem to be able to, except that default 'Mario' one.

dani_dc

Stores around here are supposedly already selling the game, didn't had the chance to track down a one for myself though.
Either way, tomorrow I'll get it for sure.

Chopper

It's in the online multiplayer menu.

So... If I just added the Neogaf Community code, do I actually need your friend codes?

I'm beginning to feel that heavy characters/karts have no real pros in this entry, weight seems like an almost irrelevant stat in this game, a battle of the brutes has long since been the tradition of my local multiplayer in MK but an earlier bunch of cups led me and my fellow karter to the conclusion that taking the heavy kart route has barely any benefits at all, hopefully i'm wrong here because shunting light karts off course is one of the joys of mario kart. Using the speed increasing wheels (slick or monster for example) has a much heavier turning price than I'm used to compared to previous games.
High acceleration karts seem better here, I think the drift boost for all karts are similar now as it no longer has its own stat.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I'm beginning to feel that heavy characters/karts have no real pros in this entry, weight seems like an almost irrelevant stat in this game, a battle of the brutes has long since been the tradition of my local multiplayer in MK but an earlier bunch of cups led me and my fellow karter to the conclusion that taking the heavy kart route has barely any benefits at all, hopefully i'm wrong here because shunting light karts off course is one of the joys of mario kart. Using the speed increasing wheels (slick or monster for example) has a much heavier turning price than I'm used to compared to previous games.
High acceleration karts seem better here, I think the drift boost for all karts are similar now as it no longer has its own stat.

To Battle Mode, with yer fat asses!

I wish Wario was still good like he was in Mario Kart 64 ;_;

I hate all of you who got it early. :(

So, to make me feel better, I'll have to kick your asses in Mario Kart 7 with Yoshi when my game arrives.
I'll probably lose a lot. :p

To Battle Mode, with yer fat asses!

I wish Wario was still good like he was in Mario Kart 64 ;_;

I'll die in there! Battle mode is like the mode for light characters with small karts, high acceleration and super handling, why I remember how back in the day I could use DK's sheer girth to remove my opponents first balloon with a turbo start on skyscraper but alas that's no longer the case. On a related note the new battle stages are kind of bland with most of them going for a big open approach with nothing interesting going on, after the wii stages this seems a bit lacking but then again I haven't truly enjoyed battle mode since 64 so i'm not too fussed.
And getting a blooper in battle mode is a humongous troll.

I just signed up for the neogaf Community whoohoo! Didnt even notice until you guys started talking about it.
^edit^ Of course it being busy at the moment and unable to join!

Top Bottom