• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is already the best selling game of 2017 on Amazon

oti

Banned
Wait what? Didn't Zelda have like a 96% attach rate, who is buying all of these copies of MK8?

These numbers don't add up....

Hold on a second, conspiracy guy.

Amazon is not the only retailer in the world.
Zelda came in two versions, Limited and Regular.
Nintendo included digital downloads for their Zelda numbers.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Christ

for those interested, it's still available on amazon.it. Ordered a few things from them to England and it went well (£42+ shipping)

fuck it im ordering

PSFan

The game is out of stock now, both on Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk as well.

Wasn't Amazon short stocked for MK8D? And people's preorders got delayed? Other retailers still have plenty, Best Buy, Wal Mart, Gamestop, Target all have it for purchase online or instore.

shiyrley

Banned
Wait what? Didn't Zelda have like a 96% attach rate, who is buying all of these copies of MK8?

These numbers don't add up....
Have you considered that maybe, just maybe, like, as an incredibly remote possibility, it's possible that there is more people who own a Switch at the end of April than at the end of march?

Crazy, I know.

ColdPizza

Banned
I complained to Amazon I didn't get my game on launch day and got a free month of prime. It was supposed to arrive Sunday but it just showed up in the mail today. Lucky break I guess.

I complained to Amazon I didn't get my game on launch day and got a free month of prime. It was supposed to arrive Sunday but it just showed up in the mail today. Lucky break I guess.

I complained as well after my release day guarantee got pushed to next week and got $10 in credit. I wonder why the compensation was different.

They haven't always! DS and 3DS (3DS especially) had very soft launches.

whats's the numbers for 3ds, i read some where they are close to switch, not that far off. regardless, soft launch, or strong one doesn't mean much, the product was in demand at a lower price, unlike n64, GC, and wiiu.

Defining the Switch as a handheld for the purpose of taking for granted that it would sell well on the basis that past handhelds have sold well is kinda ridiculous. The technology, price point, and games all resemble a Wii U successor much more than a 3DS one, and a good amount of people are going to be leaving it docked a lot of the time. Even putting aside that the 3DS looked like it could have been a dismal failure at one point, nothing about the handheldness of the Switch guaranteed success, just like nothing about the consoleness of it did.

I disagree a wiiu successor would have been at least as powerful as a ps4. this is what a handheld should be in 2017, 3ds launched at 249$, not seeing a huge difference in price, especially for what you're getting. as for 3ds looking like it was gonna be a failure, it wasn't, it just wasn't priced right, just like ps3, people wanted the product.

I can't wait to see how Splatoon 2 does. And Mario Odyssey will probably destroy the charts. I honestly don't see myself finishing more than a quarter of the games coming out this year.

Top Bottom