• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

Roo

I mean... Even Sherbet Land isn't that slippery. And that one is pure ice..

Edit: speaking of the devil lol

Exentryk

This setup is a little heavier, and slow to accelerate, but it seems workable. It's more punishing if you hit the wall, or off road tho.

GGs Roo, Merrick!

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Yeah, I tried a setup similar to the one you were using once. I didn't like how it handled.

I like my current setup, but I'm trying to figure out if it would be a good idea to use Bowser instead of Link... I'll try Bowser again next time.

Exentryk

Yeah, I tried a setup similar to the one you were using once. I didn't like how it handled.

I like my current setup, but I'm trying to figure out if it would be a good idea to use Bowser instead of Link... I'll try Bowser again next time.

I don't like the 2.75 accel you'd get with Bowser tho. Low accel would suck in big rooms.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
I don't like the 2.75 accel you'd get with Bowser tho. Low accel would suck in big rooms.

Yeah, hitting 3 accel was a big reason why I chose Link over Bowser. I tried that setup with Bowser once and did well, but I think there was a gap in skill between me and everyone else in the WW room I was in. I'd like to test both setups in a big room with good players to see how much of a difference it makes in how well I perform.

Albo

Wow, I actually bothered to look at vehicle stats for once and changed to one with good handling. It makes a world of difference in 200cc. I'm not losing control and overbraking on most turns now.

Also, how come only luigi gets that cool camo paint for the city tripper. Koopa doesn't count, nobody cares about that inferior minion turtle.

Exentryk

Wow, I actually bothered to look at vehicle stats for once and changed to one with good handling. It makes a world of difference in 200cc. I'm not losing control and overbraking on most turns now.

Also, how come only luigi gets that cool camo paint for the city tripper. Koopa doesn't count, nobody cares about that inferior minion turtle.

Yeah, handling is very important in 200cc. Acc too.

Albo

i like how you don't need shrooms to do most of the shortcuts in 200c that you'd usually need 150cc

edit: first time i didn't get hit by the train in a sbs race i think

Albo

dat clutch pirahna plant

last one for me, ggs

edit: oh wow, u can take that shy guy falls shortcut without a shroom and its better since u dont fly off the edge

CPCunha

Cross-post from the Direct Thread.

...man, imagine a Splatoon Cup update for MK8. 8 Splatoon tracks (...4 would be ok too) and 2 different colors of tires. Tracks filled with same colors of ink... you get a speed boost when driving on the same color of your tire choice, you get slowed down on the different one. it would feel like twice as many tracks if they'd get smart designing them.

Roo

Cross-post from the Direct Thread.

...man, imagine a Splatoon Cup update for MK8. 8 Splatoon tracks (...4 would be ok too) and 2 different colors of tires. Tracks filled with same colors of ink... you get a speed boost when driving on the same color of your tire choice, you get slowed down on the different one. it would feel like twice as many tracks if they'd get smart designing them.
Yeah.. No
Keep that trash away from my Mario Kart

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
One track maybe, but two whole cups filled with similar tracks, no thank you.

Can you imagine if the New Leaf Cup was just the four seasons of the Animal Crossing course as individual tracks?

For a game that is not out yet people seem awfully keen for it to be referenced in other games.

You know what series they should reference in Mario Kart? Wario Ware.

Top Bottom