• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

Roo

RPKvbyb.png

h8o8SUN.png

iF8INhiKSuaB0.png

xGhbX43.png

DLC Pack 1 and DLC Pack 2 ARE MANDATORY TO PLAY IN THIS TOURNAMENT
DLC FRANTIC ITEMS + 48 TRACKS + 200cc MODE
QUOTE TO SEE

↓↓↓↓↓

↑↑↑↑↑

JsSoBJZ.png

DLC FRANTIC ITEMS + 48 TRACKS + 150cc MODE
QUOTE TO SEE

↓↓↓↓↓

↑↑↑↑↑
LTb4P2T.png

DLC NORMAL ITEMS + 48 TRACKS + 200cc MODE
QUOTE TO SEE

↓↓↓↓↓

↑↑↑↑↑

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ibwZdXGJhxs8pX.png

ibsSbyQv5M1yEf.png

SR6mug0.png

PATCH NOTES

* Download of DLC2 possible
* 9 new Mii (Amiibo activated) suits
* 200cc class added
* Grand Prix: Must beat all cups on 150cc to activate
* VS Race: available from the start
* Online Custom Rules: available from the start
* Friend Lobby: available from the start
* Tournament Settings: available from the start
* When breaking while drifting during 200c mode, sparks will fly from your tires
* Breaking now possible while drifting using the Wii Remote by pushing B, 1, & 2 buttons at the same time
* Able to add CPU players to Online Custom Rules, but only human players will count for scoring
* Pressing the minus button on the following controllers will now put the map on the screen:
* Wii U Pro Controller
* Classic Controller
* Wii Remote + Nun-chuck
* The seasons on the Animal Crossing course are random, except in Time Attack mode, which is limited to Summer only.
* 10 new stamps added for use in Miiverse posts
* Other bug fixes and so on.

Thanks to Streetsahead for the translation.

DK87yCk.png

ivPioX9e617vO.png

Do I need the main game to play on the new content?
-Yes, you do.

I purchased the DLC packs but I'm not longer interested in it, can I cancel my preorder?
-Yes you can, however, you need to contact Nintendo Costumer Servicie before the first DLC is released.
If you do not cancel in time there won't be a refund.

I live in the North Pole and want to download the DLC, what can I do?
-The DLC can be downloaded in regions where the Nintendo eShop is officially available.
Here's a list of all the countries with eShop support:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_eShop#Availability
You still can circumvent this issue (if your country is not listed) but you should know that content varies from regions,
DLC may or may not be available and to purchase content or add funds not all credit cards work.

Do Amiibos only unlock suits? Is there anything else?
Yes, they only unlock suits and no, there's nothing else.

I'd love to have all the Amiibo suits unlocked but I can't afford all the figures, what can I do?
As of the moment of this thread being posted, Amiibos are not tied to NNIDs. That means you can use them in different consoles and accounts.
If you have a friend, relative or acquaintance and he/she is kind enough, you can borrow all the compatible figures and scan them through
the Gamepad's NFC reader and unlock the suits in the game.

Mas9UWc.png

The KartGAF Community is an honorable, friendly and judgement-free place where you can play Mario Kart 8 without fear of being criticized for your play style. Play nice, play dirty, nasty, heinous or with the devil inside.. it doesn’t matter!! KartGAF Community loves you no matter what. You’re always welcome.
Now, please read our Lexicon so you can feel like home right away.

KARTGAF LEXICON

Salt/salty:
Getting angry at all the impossible shit that happens to you in a race. Usually disguised as a "LOL", "xD", "Haha" "...", "meh", and/or "guys plz"

Mario Kart Gods:
Supreme Deities that decide who lives and who dies in a race

FUCK YOU:
Friendly reminder you're playing a little rough and need to be nicer to other players.

Praise The Lord:
Common response to the Mario Kart Gods after a clusterfuck race where you managed to get out alive in one piece

Comm error:
Someone's shitty connection needs to be fixed

Plz:
No one believes the shit you do or say

Hax:
Such extremely good luck everyone thinks you hacked the game to get good items.

Luck/Lucky:
Your chance to screw other people over and get away with it.

Robbed:
Situation where you're doing so good in a race (usually 1st place, 3rd lap and close to the finish line) that the game decides to give
the losers behind you a better item than yours leading to your imminent defeat.

Billshit:
Getting fucked by or fucking other people with Bullet Bills

Kartma:
Screw someone over with your items and it'll get back to you x3

Mario Kart 8™:
Nintendo game released for the Wii U console able to test and measure your sodium levels accurately.
Luck, poor RNG, Lag, Imposible Angle Items™, broken physics, heavyweight overuse and just a little of skill are its predetermined tools.

KARTGAF’S BEST MOMENTS

As a community, we’re proud to show the world how mature, responsible, gentle, respectable and happy our honorable members are to each other. Nothing but constructive criticism.
Here, a few of our best and most memorable comments:

Click Here for KartGAF Testimonials

KartGAF's Lovely Family Picture:
mfVaUwk.png

WALL OF SHAME
f7hjKjw.png

AdanVC

Best and most nostalgic OT title ever!! Love the lexicon list there haha. Only few more hours! Can't believe I'm this excited for a DLC... Only Nintendo can achieve that.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Is there any easy way to add you guys to my FL so I can play in the GAF lobbies?

Subscribed. I need practice before getting back online. Played MK8 with my brother, and I keep screwing up trying to get first place in grand prix.

Azure J

DaFraud with the clutch slip stream into top half of the top 20. It's like I got burgled all over again on NeoGAF Circuit.

GWX

Awesome OP, Roo! Trying to get some sleep so I can enjoy the DLC when it launches, but the excitement won't let me :/

I just got a Wii U over the weekend, and have been playing Mario Kart 8 a ton since then. I haven't played a Mario Kart game since Mario Kart N64. This game seems a bit more complex now. Haha

exfatal

oh looking forward to this should have a few races so i can feel the switch. or should i continue to not touch it for better effect.

Top Bottom