• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

Was gonna trade my Wii U for a PS4, but... Fuck it, I'm in for this. MK8 all the way.

Gonna join some of the GAF communities on my Wii U :)

My NNID is Comfypucks if anyone wants to shoot me an add

BowieZ

Banned
I just got a Wii U over the weekend, and have been playing Mario Kart 8 a ton since then. I haven't played a Mario Kart game since Mario Kart N64. This game seems a bit more complex now. Haha
How? Its pretty much just tricks thats new, plus some crazy new items.

AdanVC

Pac-Man amiibo outfit is a thing of beauty. For the first time we're getting third party stuff in Mario Kart as well!

Neoxon

ilNuHITsgCiUF.gif

Hatchtag

Banned
Pac-Man amiibo outfit is a thing of beauty. For the first time we're getting third party stuff in Mario Kart as well!

evPuZ1c.jpg

Really hope they announce more DLC is on the way E3. Classic Battle Mode plus third party reps and courses would be amazing.

BowieZ

Banned
For one example, it seems like sometimes I randomly accelerate. I know when you do a trick whilst jumping there's a slight acceleration, but this is a different thing.
oh do u mean slipstreaming? (where if you follow someone you get a gust of speed as you temporarily avoid wind resistance?) forgot that was new

or if you knock into someone with a mushroom you get a boost

Alright, gonna head back in for a bit tomorrow seeing as there's something new to do. I'm sure it'll be fun playing against everyone who was already better than me before I stopped and also never stopped.
Who am I kidding I'll be inventing new swears.

ffdgh

For one example, it seems like sometimes I randomly accelerate. I know when you do a trick whilst jumping there's a slight acceleration, but this is a different thing.

Hmmm...

Bumping other while in anti gravity gives a slight speed boost.
Driving directly behind someone gives you a slip stream speed boost.
Collecting coins/using the coin item gives a slight speed and increase your top speed.
Bumping into others who have triple mushrooms give you a speed boost.

oh do u mean slipstreaming? (where if you follow someone you get a gust of speed as you temporarily avoid wind resistance?) forgot that was new

or if you knock into someone with a mushroom you get a boost
Maybe it's slipstreaming. There's this visual sort of "whoosh" effect.

Mory Dunz

nvm

How? Its pretty much just tricks thats new, plus some crazy new items.

The last one he played was 64 though.

The game handles completely different from back then. It's hard to quantity "feel" but that's it. And the different types of drifting.

BowieZ

Banned
Someone on GameFAQs said it'd be up at 4am CT (5amET?)

The last one he played was 64 though.

The game handles completely different from back then. It's hard to quantity "feel" but that's it. And the different types of drifting.
True, but I never really thought that it was particularly more complicated than before. A different feel, absolutely.

Lelcar

I'm ready for the DLC to hit at any time, got my gamepad on the ready. In the meantime I guess I'll be playing Valkyria Chronicles.

Top Bottom