• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

AdanVC

Download it before they take it away for it causing seizures.

giphy.gif

evPuZ1c.jpg

Really hope they announce more DLC is on the way E3. Classic Battle Mode plus third party reps and courses would be amazing.

Omg totally forgot about the arcade version! Even Ms. Pac-Man appear there! Yeahhhh hope they reveal more content for at E3. Some classic battle mode stages and this MK will be the perfect MK game.

Dr Prob

Banned
Is there any easy way to add you guys to my FL so I can play in the GAF lobbies?

To join the GAF lobbies you just need the codes. Once you dial up those codes in the tournament section of the game, join and play once, they'll be saved and you can join whenever you want/the people you play against will automatically appear at the bottom of the in-game friend list so you can follow them into other rooms/worldwides etc.

The new codes should be up shortly after the kart-gaf dorks get the thing downloaded and sorted. Fuck you, Papercuts. Better not see your ass driving around.

Sakura

You need an external hard drive if you have basic? :(
I guess I won't play then.
Also I can't remember if I bought both DLCs anyway.

Mudron

I thiiiink in about forty minutes? Either forty or an hour and forty.

It's all guesses going off of previous releases, mind you.

Huh, I always thought Nintendo released stuff in the middle of the day (that is, from the perspective of someone living on the west coast of the US), which would be a good 12 hours from now.

Sakura

Huh, I always thought Nintendo released stuff in the middle of the day (that is, from the perspective of someone living on the west coast of the US), which would be a good 12 hours from now.

Well, it is out worldwide at the same time. So it would be the middle of the day for Japan.

Pophead

The maintenance starts at 12:50 am Pacific Time, so if I go by the last DLC update, should be some within 10 minutes of the maintenance starting that the update will be released.

If it came in an hour and a half that'd be the same time as the Mewtwo update for Smash.

Pophead

I thought it was midnight sharp PT? But it's almost 1? Dang

Straight from the Nintendo website:

From Thursday, April 23, 2015 12:50 AM
- Thursday, April 23, 2015 2:00 AM Pacific Time
During the maintenance window, the following services may be unavailable.
Wii U
- Online Play, Rankings, etc. for Mario Kart™ 8

I just learned 200cc is not available for Online with randoms.

That very sadly means I'll almost never play it. I barely touch single player anymore :(

Boba2007

Straight from the Nintendo website:

From Thursday, April 23, 2015 12:50 AM
- Thursday, April 23, 2015 2:00 AM Pacific Time
During the maintenance window, the following services may be unavailable.
Wii U
- Online Play, Rankings, etc. for Mario Kart™ 8

Wait, so it'll be done at 1am or 2am? I'm confused.

You said it would be done 10 minutes after maintenance starts (1am), but that says maintenance will go to 2am?

Pophead

You said it would be done 10 minutes after maintenance starts (1am), but that says maintenance will go to 2am?

Right, the update should be released around 10 minutes during the maintenance period, but the maintenance will still go on to 2am.

Roo

Last time, the DLC was available way before the maintenance service was completely done.
I think an hour or two at most but we definitely didn't wait until it was over

DooD1234

since you posted yours i'll post mine:
iHHYPefhUkA8T.jpg

yes, I didn't reach 1000 hours unfortunately :p classes are picking up big time right now.
Is Mario Kart seriously the only game you have on your WiiU?

Geez, I love Mario Kart but not as much as you clearly.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
All right, Enforced has informed me that he will NOT be on to make the tournaments tonight. This means I will be the one to make them.

I will post them in this thread once I've made them. Since I conveniently enough have the second post in this thread, I will temporarily post them there as well in the event Roo is not on to add them to the OP.

AdanVC

I just learned 200cc is not available for Online with randoms.

That very sadly means I'll almost never play it. I barely touch single player anymore :(

W-Wat!? I thought it was possible?? I want to cry what is dis!?...

Damn well not a big deal here. 150 cc is perfectly fine during random online matches. Good thing you can play in 200cc on tourneys and here on KartGAF :)

The downside though, is that if I get used to play on 200cc and go online with randoms at 150cc... is gun' feel really weird and slow as heck.

Top Bottom