• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

flc

Never played Mario Kart Wii online? It's great, can be a bit chaotic on easier tracks, though.

MK8 won't be anywhere near as chaotic as MKW.

MKW online had stackable items, items dropping from power item hits and 6+ item sets per lap on the longer tracks. MK8 has no stackable items, power items aside from lightning don't make you drop items, and there are 3 item sets or less per lap (except Toad's Turnpike and Yoshi Valley). In MKW you get hit by random crap all the time, but in MK8 there won't be anywhere near as much of that.

Unless the GP mode item distribution (fire flowers in 2nd, crazy 8s in 3rd etc) makes it online in which case there will be problems

jobrro

Pretty pumped for this, my number one reason for getting the Wii U at launch was in anticipation for this title. Though I was old enough for the older titles, only really got into the series with MKDS. Have been playing a touch of MK7 online and offline to warm up for this one the past week or so.

I originally had a pre-order in to get this day one, but now I am leaving the country about four days before this releases for about a month, and I'm not sure I can get it at release anymore :(
Will the free game at least still be available if I buy the game in late June or early July?

jobrro

I originally had a pre-order in to get this day one, but now I am leaving the country about four days before this releases for about a month, and I'm not sure I can get it at release anymore :(
Will the free game at least still be available if I buy the game in late June or early July?

Supposed to be as long as you register with Club Nintendo by July 31st.

braves01

Banned
Pre-ordered yesterday from Best Buy. Two great games for $50 (after $10 Best Buy "gas" card and Nintendo promotion) is too good a deal.

LAA

Upside down text in the OT?! What sorcerery is this?! Ha ha

Yeah getting increasingly hyped for this and from the ShopTo e-mail I had, it seems like its shaping to be the most sold Wii U game too. Had an e-mail saying they were processing orders today due to the mass of pre-orders to ensure everyone gets it day 1, which I don't recall ever having for a Wii U game, so looking promising or this game at least sales-wise, if not for the Wii U overall.

SHarris78

Nice OP!!

This gives me an excuse to delete all the non-active people in my friends list and start adding people from the MK list!!

1 week to go!!

Can't wait for the game. I am getting a Wii U for this and I haven't anticipated a game as much for a long time.

Once I get my profile setup I'll share on here for some online gaming.

I hope Tesco are quick in their dispatch of the console.

GeekyDad

This and Smash are my reasons to cave. Wii U for Christmas it is...

Until then, enjoy, folks. Game looks great.

Wow, that's a stunning OP.

Eeeeee, 1 more week! I feel like I'm going to rise next Saturday morning into a musical number that will span all the way to my local game store.

J@hranimo

Banned
And here we are! Excellent OT Allstair Roo.

1 long week left!

EDIT: Oh! I didn't know we were posting our NNIDs now.

My NNID is Jahranimo. I'll get the game on the Friday evening it comes out and be on it for a while :p

Top Bottom