• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

RiggyRob

1f51396c_a8n40.gif

akaoni

Banned
I was just hit by a blue shell which decided to go through me, then it came backwards and detonated on me. The game is all kinds of fucked up today.

I was just hit by a blue shell which decided to go through me, then it came backwards and detonated on me. The game is all kinds of fucked up today.

a red shell missed me, flew forward for a bit, did a fuckin' U-turn and hit me in the face. THEN a star guy hit me. finished 9th or some shit.

I was so heated

Woffls

I love how the drifting is rewarded like it was in Ridge Racer 6. The more hardcore you go into a turn, the more boost you get out of it!

At least that's my understanding of the mechanics of both games...

I'll separate this into new and retro and in no particular order

Top 5 New:

Mount Wario
Thwomp Ruins
Rainbow Road
Cloudtop Cruise
Dolphin Shoals

Top 5 Retro:

DS Wario Stadium
DS Tick-Tock Clock
N64 Rainbow Road (Could have been 2 laps but it's still much better than 6 min guardrail borefest)
Wii Grumble Volcano
SNES Donut Plains (Lots of drifting)

Worst 5 New:

Twisted Mansion
Mario Kart Stadium
Water Park
Mario Circuit
Bone Dry Dunes

Worst 5 Retro:

N64 Toad's Turnpike
this is the absolute worst. So fucking boring. They should have brough back Moonview Highway or Mushroom City but at least it can't come back.
N64 Yoshi Valley (Novelty of the course is gone, longest route made even longer and shortest route is much easier to take)
GCN Dry Dry Desert
Wii Moo Moo Meadows
3DS Melody Motorway (Not really bad but literally unchanged from 7 and I've played it so many times)

I don't particularly dislike any of these except the first two retros listed (especially since GAF keeps picking them) and I would've put Cheep Cheep Beach here if it didn't look a lot better than the DS version.

akaoni

Banned
a red shell missed me, flew forward for a bit, did a fuckin' U-turn and hit me in the face. THEN a star guy hit me. finished 9th or some shit.

I was so heated

Well it struck me as if I was in its path then came back, so I got hit twice, that is just goofed to hell.

Sadist

Guess I'll jump in with GAF after Holland - Wales

btw lists

Best:

1) Rainbow Road 64
2) Wario Stadium
3) Wario Mountain
4) Sunshine Airport
5) Thwomp Ruins

Worst:

5) Grumble Volcano
4) Piranha Plant Slide
3) Sherbet Land
2) Dry Dry Desert
1) Bone Dry Ruins

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

That crap happened to me before on mount wario. I got hit by 2 red shells, then the blue shell hit me and then came back to blow up. Weirdly the replay didn't show it hitting me like that.

I've also had the red shell hit me from the front before.

Woffls

Well that was an absolute mess of a race :\ it's super difficult to crawl your way back to the top spots once you've a bunch of bad luck.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
A top 5 worst is a lot easier than a top 5 best. Bowser's Castle is my favorite new track but aside from that I like so many it's hard to rank them. As far as least favorites:

I don't really like Rainbow Road 64. It's too short and I don't feel like there are many opportunities to do much. It's almost like a drag race, and I don't play a combo that is really suited to that.

Toad's Turnpike is blaaaah. Just a really boring track.

Dry Dry Desert is also boring, and most of the changes are for the worse. Don't like the new water part.

Never liked Sherbert Land. Don't like it here.

Um, probably Electrodome? Maybe Mount Wario. I'm awful at both of those tracks and can't seem to get better.

Ecto311

The last thread couldnt get a link to this one? I thought the last post in the old threads would link to the new ones?

Played a bit online and even one a race in a fair way. Fair to me anyway.

Kinsei

Banned
Is there anything like the 3DS's activity log for the Wii U? I'm curious to see how much time I've spent playing this game.

Top Bottom