• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

well then *ahem* "ta taaaa!"
You just don't understand. If you only knew about all the sleepness nights, the PTSD, the vicious, vicious Tanooki Tail beatings, the getting run over with a star and then backed over and then run over again, all by Rosalina and all at the hands of my arch frenemy Prinny.

Then you'll understand why Rosa and I are a non-starter :mad:

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
"I'm outta here." is a good one, cuz the lack of exclamation mark makes it sound salty as hell. "Fuck ya'll, I'm outta here man."

It also seems like some miis just act differently. NetWrecker's always looks deep in thought like "the fuck just happened that last match".

Ultima_5

i haven't had a chance to play the online yet. how do the tourneys work? do i just enter the code and it puts me in a room with you guys?

phanphare

Banned
You just don't understand. If you only knew about all the sleepness nights, the PTSD, the vicious, vicious Tanooki Tail beatings, the getting run over with a star and then backed over and then run over again, all by Rosalina and all at the hands of my arch frenemy Prinny.

Then you'll understand why Rosa and I are a non-starter :mad:

you'll come around eventually

she.has.that.power.

Azure J

I really wish if you could export replays of specific portions of the saved replays, favorite more replays, and of course add slow mo to the videos before they're exported to YT. Would instantly make MKTV even more fun than it already is.

That being said, have a replay from earlier. Things to note include the multilap long friendly rivalry with ohlawd (shoutouts to intentionally finding one another to abuse antigrav boosts) and that clutch as hell ending. More replays incoming!

Just once I'd like to get around Rainbow Road without some bastard knocking me off.

I love how you can take advantage of certain aggressive patterns. The first bend of RR64 where everyone's drifting? Cut through the middle with a slipstream since no one ever goes towards the outer left or abuse Initial G looking drifts right on the fringe of the level and watch everyone else drop like flies if they try to line up with you.

bbdude

i haven't had a chance to play the online yet. how do the tourneys work? do i just enter the code and it puts me in a room with you guys?

Something like that. You just go to the online in the main menu, click "Search by code", enter the code, and join up. Once you join it'll pair you with other people in the tourney into a game that's not full (12 people max per room).

Joining the chaos for the first time today!

What are some of the best kart combinations? I'm using circuit special, cyber slick, bowser kite with pink gold peach.

It also seems like some miis just act differently. NetWrecker's always looks deep in thought like "the fuck just happened that last match".

and yours just looks snarky, the anime-style spiky hair to the side like "yeah I'm better than all these dudes in this room"

Gee, I wonder if it has something to do with the thread being treated as a chatroom for the GAF lobby. :p
LOL true, but also makes it the best OT I can think of that perfectely describes the essencee of the game. That rage! KartGAF is the best multiplayer experience I had in years!

Hooray!

Roo

I really wish that you guys would save some time for me. I feel so neglected all day at work with no MK8 to keep me warm :'(

Sorry to hear that.
I've been trying to race you for quite some time no since I know you were pretty active in MK7 but I don't think we've met even in the GAF tourneys.
Anyway, I don't know if we're friends in the community but if not here's my NNID: AlistairRoo.
Feel free to send a friend request so the chances to play together are higher lol

Cheddahz

Banned
WE'RE ALREADY ON A NEW THREAD?!?!?

Anyways, my friends came over and we had a blast playing some of the Grand Prix tournaments together last night

Regiruler

Cross post

Top 5 favorites:

1. Shy Guy Falls
^2. Electrodome
3. Toad Harbor
4. Sunshine Airport
5. Rainbow Road

Top 5 least favorites:

1. Toad's Turnpike
2. Music Park
3. Thwomp Ruins
4. Moo Moo Meadows
5. Mount Wario

I have located errors in your list. I have noted the corrections to make

Sorry to hear that.
I've been trying to race you for quite some time no since I know you were pretty active in MK7 but I don't think we've met even in the GAF tourneys.
Anyway, I don't know if we're friends in the community but if not here's my NNID: AlistairRoo.
Feel free to send a friend request so the chances to play together are higher lol
I'll be sure to add you once I get home. Hopefully we'll cross paths eventually :)

Dr.Hadji

GAF racers are all bullies even when you only see one guy online and it is 1vs1 he still tries to smack you

I'm actually making bumping into other players a legit tactic in my racing plan. Learning how to take corners at all different kinds of angles in order to smack into people is a great challenge I've never felt the need to do before in a Mario Kart.

Top Bottom