• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT3| You fuck THIS GAME! Let the salt flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exentryk

Found a good room? Searching and found one with another 9999 player. Maybe I can find a room with more. Lemme try.

And Dood, we are still here. Hang on.

EDIT - Okay, found one with three 9999s. Join me. Hopefully it doesn't fill up in the next race.
And it's full :|

Exentryk

I dunno what it is then. Keep getting error codes. May be it's my net, but I can join other globals, so yeah, dunno.

Doesn't matter. Going to play some random tourney and practice karting.

I just got a star while in second-place. Didn't even know that could happen. Also I just met some guy who's name was Sakurai and his Mii looked just like him. 3000-something points. No way it's actually him though, right? Is there a way to verify? ;b

Roo

I just got a star while in second-place. Didn't even know that could happen. Also I just met some guy who's name was Sakurai and his Mii looked just like him. 3000-something points. No way it's actually him though, right? Is there a way to verify? ;b

Item balance is a mess in this game.
As for "Sakurai", it's definitely not him. The guy probably saved Sakurai's Mii from one of the Smash Bros. spotpass messages. I've ran into multiple Sakurais in WW races

Finalow

there are a lot of fake miis.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I don't get it, I just got done racing with a NicoNico friend along with other Japanese and I was still continually getting destroyed, almost always accumulating the least amount of points during Team races. At first I might have thought it was my choice of Baby Rozetta and everyone else going heavies, but we eventually made our way into all Toad/Ludwig/Wario sets of races with very little change in results. I know they all firehop, but that can't be the reason I keep losing.

Roo

I don't get it, I just got done racing with a NicoNico friend along with other Japanese and I was still continually getting destroyed, almost always accumulating the least amount of points during Team races. At first I might have thought it was my choice of Baby Rozetta and everyone else going heavies, but we eventually made our way into all Toad/Ludwig/Wario sets of races with very little change in results. I know they all firehop, but that can't be the reason I keep losing.

Firehopping can be a huge factor.
If you don't do it but everyone else does then you're likely end in low places or even last. (I'm talking from the "racing" perspective.)
Items and luck are also a huge factor so take that into account.
For the sound of it, you seem to have problems with heavies vs your main character (Baby Rosalina) The collision detection is a mess in this game. Small characters don't stand a chance against heavier characters in a bumping cars game. You'll be flying off the track and rolling your eyes before you realize what happened. Oddly enough, even heavy characters have the same problem with smaller characters so no one is safe when it comes to cheap CD.

Gattuso

Well that and when you get it on Moo Moo Meadow and blow through the cows.

driving into the cars on toad's turnpike is kinda entertaining as well. the more fun thing to do is like what most people do and run over someone who was previously hit with something, especially if it's a good opponent or rival.

Roo

I don't think I ever facepalmed so hard in my entire life until I saw this.

I saved it for posterity
iJRckWPBClXYq.png

oh shit, Cloudtop Cruise DLC expansion! Kinda wack how they're using Shy Guy Falls assets, but I guess they figured we spent so much time and money on this shit, we better milk 'em for all their worth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom