• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Sells More Than 1.2 Million Units Worldwide Over First Weekend

Exile20

May 29th

Amazon Best Sellers Rank:

Amazon.com - #1
Amazon.jp - #1
Amazon.ca - #1
Amazon.co.uk - #1
Amazon.de - #2(#1 PlayStation Network Card )
Amazon.fr - #2(#1 Watch Dogs)
Amazon.es - #1
Amazon.it - #3(#1 Watch_Dogs PS4 - #2 Watch Dogs PS3)

June 3rd

Amazon.com - #1
Amazon.jp - #4 (1, 2, 3 are 3DS games)
Amazon.ca - #1
Amazon.co.uk - #2(#1 is Watch dogs - PS4)
Amazon.de - #1(SOLD OUT)
Amazon.fr - #1
Amazon.es - #1
Amazon.it - #1

I came here to post about all the great MK8 replay gifs, but then I saw the Back to the Future gif and had to voice my appreciation. Well done indeed.

Tom_Cody

Why are we looking at Amazon when we have actual sales data.

I don't understand lol
The actual sales numbers are only for the first three days. The amazon charts would seem to indicate that the sales were not purely front-loaded.

That said, day 5 is still pretty close to launch.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I wonder if Nintendo will brag about its sales at E3. Maybe if it's over 2 million by that point.

There's always been an investors meeting during E3 for Nintendo - as such, one should expect some sales figures but not during their E3 Digital Event lol

I think everyone knows MK is not a front loaded franchise.

I think that depends on whether the console keeps selling or not.

At the very least, the free retail digital download is going to make this one a lot more frontloaded than previous titles, and you can only have long legs if you have someone to sell the game to.

I'm seeing a lot of gifs of this game on tumblr with 20,000 or so likes.
A lot of them have to do with the character's hilarious mean mugging facial expressions. Hahaha
I think it's very possible for this game to go viral.
Some people who don't own the game are drawing fan art, and wishing they had a WiiU.
:p

SegaShack

This game pushed me to finally take the plunge and buy a Wii U. Well, this and the promise of at least a couple other must play games (SSB, Zelda, 3D Mario, etc). Mario Kart 8 is the first Wii U game that I felt I had to play.

I think it could give a decent bump to Wii U sales. I haven't seen much advertising for it though which may limit this.

I hope you enjoy the system. Glad you are liking the game. Killer Instinct definitely was a huge thing that pushed me to get the Xbox One.

I think that depends on whether the console keeps selling or not.

At the very least, the free retail digital download is going to make this one a lot more frontloaded than previous titles, and you can only have long legs if you have someone to sell the game to.

Yeah, unfortunately the WiiU is selling horribly and I expect a historically low ltd of 15 million. I'm going to be optimistic and say MK8 could see a LTD if 7 million+.

This has to be embedded man. It's too good.

hycyhx.gif

Holy shit...

cacildo

I love Back to the Future 3, I don't care what anyone says.

I love it too, but the future segment in BTTF2 was so amazing that maybe some people (i guess, since that´s how i felt when i was a kid) felt the western part was not the best way to finish the whole adventure

(but now that im all grown up im ok with the western segment finishing the trilogy)

Top Bottom