• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 - Switch vs Wii U comparison

atr0cious

especially given that Battle Mode is something that was conspicuously absent and should have been free.
Why do people keep saying this? It's not absent in the wii u version. It comes with portions of the racing maps turned into arenas with a unique u turn maneuver and 12 players online. It doesn't have extra modes or specific arenas like deluxe, but let's not act like it isn't serviceable or non existent.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
People are all too quick to jump on game developers and publishers throats. Its human nature to want more and more after all.

Mario Kart 8 is $50
Season Pass is $12

MK8D is $60
Includes MK8 and Season Pass
Includes new Battle Mode
New characters
New items
Improved performance (60fps and 1080p)
Gameplay enhancements (dual items, new drift)
Portable

Ill be the first in line to criticize Nintendo for their missteps (plenty of those with the Switch) but selling MK8D without an upgrade option is not one of them and I'll defend Nintendo staunchly for that.

Skyzard

Banned
Why do you keep posting in this thread when you've made your point several times? You are coming across as stubborn and whiny at this point.

Ask me things and I may reply.

Because of your other posts as well, this is my last reply to you.

It's priced at $10 more than the WiiU version and includes DLC that costs ~$20 on the WiiU plus the battle modes. "Nintendo tax"

Firstly, apologies if I don't applaud Nintendo for eventually remembering to add content that they decided to not include for the first time in a Mario Kart game.

Secondly, yes, Nintendo tax. Remasters are very rarely priced at $60, and the ones that are are raked across the coals.

Also, it has $12 of DLC.

Why do people keep saying this? It's not absent in the wii u version. It comes with portions of the racing maps turned into arenas with a unique u turn maneuver and 12 players online. It doesn't have extra modes or specific arenas like deluxe, but let's not act like it isn't serviceable or non existent.

>_> I mean, that's technically correct, but for me, Poorly Done Battle Mode and No Battle Mode are interchangeable. It felt like an afterthought because it probably was.

Why? Why should my expectations be that Nintendo is the only company allowed to overprice ports?

Why would your expectations be that Nintendo will put Mario Kart 8'S MSRP on Switch lower than the current MSRP on Wii U?

Other companies price ports lower because they perceive the market value for older games to be lower. This is exaggerated even more because the industry churn for sequels tends to be pretty fast these days.

Nintendo prices their games as evergreen products because they expect them to continue selling years after they release.

It's the same reason why Minecraft always has the same price every time it launches on a new console platform. And why Mojang/Microsoft doesn't care that you already bought it.

It's also the reason why Grand Theft Auto V is still $59.99 new, even after hopping consoles. And why Rockstar definitely doesn't care that you already bought it.

So they're not the only company allowed to price their ports at full price. They're just the one you're choosing to ream for it.

Hero

Ask me things and I may reply.

After this and your other posts to me, this is my last reply to you.

You've made your point ad nauseum and haven't moved the discussion at all, despite people pointing out your stubbornness with the stance you have taken towards this. You are allowed to have your opinion but you aren't really contributing anything worthwhile anymore as nobody is pitying you or taking your side. You act like I should be thankful for your reply, when you have acted this way in other threads before. Learn to move on.

Firstly, apologies if I don't applaud Nintendo for eventually remembering to add content that they decided to not include for the first time in a Mario Kart game.

Secondly, yes, Nintendo tax. Remasters are very rarely priced at $60, and the ones that are are raked across the coals.

Also, it has $12 of DLC.

Are you kidding me? You're ridiculous.

This wasn't content Nintendo forgot to include and decided to leave out for a new version further down the line. They're improving the base game and giving people what they've asked for after playing the original. They went back and started developing to further the games quality. The DLC is what was always planned and we got that. Battle mode was different and not what people wanted, so they changed it and added a lot of different modes.

You're trying to make something out of nothing. This is an upgrade, not content left on the table 3 years ago that they're trying to sell you because they want to nickel and dime.

aBarreras

Also, it has $12 of DLC.

>_> I mean, that's technically correct, but for me, Poorly Done Battle Mode and No Battle Mode are interchangeable. It felt like an afterthought because it probably was.

this is not a remaster tho, its a game of the year edition practically. you dont get discounts to the GOTY editions of games if you already have the base game o.o

Why would your expectations be that Nintendo will put Mario Kart 8'S MSRP on Switch lower than the current MSRP on Wii U?

Other companies price ports lower because they perceive the market value for older games to be lower. This is exaggerated even more because the industry churn for sequels tends to be pretty fast these days.

Nintendo prices their games as evergreen products because they expect them to continue selling years after they release.

It's the same reason why Minecraft always has the same price every time it launches on a new console platform.

It's also the reason why Grand Theft Auto V is still $59.99 new.

Their right to price their games how they want is only their right if they can be criticized for it. "It's good business, thus it can't be criticized" is entirely invalid.

Also, GTAV would be an excellent example, except for the fact that MK8D doesn't go on sale and GTAV does.

Revven

Remastered games get a lot of scrutiny, and typically, a remaster is not $60. Criticizing Nintendo for this price point isn't doing anything more than treating them similarly to other developers.

This much is true. However, this release is much more comparable to a Game of the Year edition release except instead of being put out in... late 2015/early 2016 with all the DLC on Wii U and the additional battle mode and what not it's being put out in 2017 on newer hardware because that's what they (Nintendo) can make the most profit from. I'm not suggesting Nintendo shouldn't be criticized for pricing it at $60 but... the precedent for releases of this nature has been: "Okay, the game is being re-released as a new product with all DLC included. Call it [insert game name here] Edition and make it $60." Most people have actually been fine with these releases because they release about a year after the game originally came out on the same hardware and these versions/editions don't come with any new content at all besides the DLC (which everybody who bought the game a year before already might have).

The only reason there's any derision here is because it's on newer hardware. And so, if you're really not keen with paying $360 then... don't and wait? That's really all you can do. That's what I'm doing, I'm waiting. I have a Wii U with MK8. I don't want to buy a Switch right now just for MK8DX. But when I do get a Switch, I will buy MK8DX. I do not feel I am owed anything. I chose to get the Wii U, that's my own fault for buying into the hype without waiting. I made up for my purchase of the Wii U by being able to play some great games. I do not feel that bad about owning a Wii U or about Nintendo cutting support for it shorter. It had as good of a run as it could.

At the end of the day, it's about the Wii U itself. It's an anomaly.

Berordn

Their right to price their games how they want is only their right if they can be criticized for it. "It's good business, thus it can't be criticized" is entirely invalid.

Also, GTAV would be an excellent example, except for the fact that MK8D doesn't go on sale and GTAV does.

GTAV remaster was full price at release. Nothing is preventing retailers from dropping the price on MK8D down the line, or keeping Nintendo from putting it in selects some day.

MK8D has already been on sale:

http://bgr.com/2017/03/21/amazon-deals-of-the-day-mar21/

Also:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/gaming-deals-40-witcher-3-42-super-smash-bros-wii-/1100-6430363/

https://my.nintendo.com/rewards/b3b39203916ff476?lang=en-US

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-wii-u3ds-eshop-sale-discounts-games-lets-you-e/1100-6438628/

I'd almost have sympathy if you weren't basing your opinion on easily disprovable logic.

I'd also argue that citing the current price point for Mario Kart 8 is kind of a faulty argument, given that you can just as easily criticize Nintendo for keeping prices up (something that only began happening more recently and arguably resulted in fewer game releases and localizations for a time from 2008-2010). It's like one hand shaking the other - what I consider bad for consumers justifies another thing I consider bad for consumers.

I'm not sure I can criticize Nintendo for keeping prices up when their best-selling games are consistently the ones that don't fall very much in price. Meanwhile, the ones that sell poorly do.

It's almost like this is how market forces actually work.

What I will criticize is AAA developers ever releasing games at more than $20 when that's the price point I end up buying all of them at anyway.

I'd also argue that citing the current price point for Mario Kart 8 is kind of a faulty argument, given that you can just as easily criticize Nintendo for keeping prices up (something that only began happening more recently and arguably resulted in fewer game releases and localizations for a time from 2008-2010). It's like one hand shaking the other - what I consider bad for consumers justifies another thing I consider bad for consumers.

People are all too quick to jump on game developers and publishers throats. Its human nature to want more and more after all.

Mario Kart 8 is $50
Season Pass is $12

MK8D is $60
Includes MK8 and Season Pass
Includes new Battle Mode
New characters
New items
Improved performance (60fps and 1080p)
Gameplay enhancements (dual items, new drift)
Portable

Ill be the first in line to criticize Nintendo for their missteps (plenty of those with the Switch) but selling MK8D without an upgrade option is not one of them and I'll defend Nintendo staunchly for that.

:puts fingers in ears:

I can't hear you, Nintendo is evil!

Nah for real though, the price is fine and I can't wait to double dip on this game.

Hero

GTAV remaster was full price at release. Nothing is preventing retailers from dropping the price on MK8D down the line, or keeping Nintendo from putting it in selects some day.

Not only that but GTA V is consistently in the top 10 games for NPD from month to month. People like quality games for their new systems and the overwhelming majority don't give a shit if it's new or not.

It's a crime that Deluxe doesn't have Diddy Kong.

I want my Double Dash main back and his Gaint Banana peel item. (Use to place them in bridges or narrows pits, so awesome).

I wasn't being literal, of course it goes on sale (I bought it on sale even). My point was that GTAV has been on sale dozens of times since release as opposed to four times for Mario Kart (and I'm sure it's been on sale more than the ones you have cited), despite being released a year after MK8. There are a couple of clear differences as well, namely that GTAV has been under $30 in multiple sales, and MK has not gone below $40 in the ones you cited (one of which being a 30% discount for people who pay them money, which is not exactly on terms with a straight up sale - if I bought a $60 game on the eShop, I wouldn't have enough gold coins to get 30% off MK8). The other point being that GTAV actually is being cultivated as a service more so than Mario Kart is, thereby justifying the continued higher price point.

Do you say that about all games that release DLC because it's a ridiculous observation if you don't.

...No, but not all DLC has that problem? If the paid DLC is content that should have been present in the first place, then of course I'd criticize it. There is some subjectivity to "should," but here, I think it's fair to say that a staple since the SNES should have been in, yeah.

Skyzard

Banned
this is not a remaster tho, its a game of the year edition practically. you dont get discounts to the GOTY editions of games if you already have the base game o.o

GOTY don't tend to have extra features not previously available do they?

Just a collection of things that are available in one package.

This is worth $60 as a product. A lot of the Switch owners will have never played it before.

But that's not everyone, and those people ended up with the short end of the stick having support for their console cut short. This is a first party title that is very similar.

It sounds like I'm repeating myself and I probably am and this isn't directed at you, but if people respected others' opinions, not ignoring points being made it wouldn't be needed. It's worst when insults are regularly thrown at you in defense of companies and that seems to be a trigger for me.

I wasn't being literal, of course it goes on sale

So what you're saying, then, is publishers have to regularly give 50% discounts on their games, otherwise they're being anti-consumer?

No. I'd rather publishers put out products they aren't willing to cut the price for, rather than continue to participate in the race-to-the-bottom shitfest that is most of the AAA industry.

I'm all for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe embracing the service model, though, even if that means annual paid DLC for a few years instead of free content updates. Would have been a huge advocate for them calling it Mario Kart ∞ and using 8 as a base and continually building on it.

I'm not even mad, this is actual impressive mental gymnastics.

...Not really? It's pointing out that the comparison is kinda borked because while both companies still have $60 games, one company does more, bigger sales for their game than the other does. A big part of my point against MK8D's price point is that when people cite the prices of other re-releases, even for the ones that are over-priced, they typically level out eventually.

So what you're saying, then, is publishers have to regularly give 50% discounts on their games, otherwise they're being anti-consumer?

No. I'd rather publishers put out products they aren't willing to cut the price for, rather than continue to participate in the race-to-the-bottom shitfest that is most of the AAA industry.

When Nintendo said that they would no longer do price drops like they used to - and let's be frank, they've never gone to the levels of price drop extremity that we see with other companies - that decision did not do any good for fans. Not only did it mean that the games would never become cheaper until they decided to reinstate Player's Choice, it ultimately resulted in a drought, partly due to a lack of localization.

Also, are you suggesting that GTAV represents a race-to-the-bottom shitfest, since that's the comparison being drawn?

aBarreras

GOTY don't tend to have extra features not previously available do they?

Just a collection of things that are available in one package.

This is worth $60 as a product. A lot of the Switch owners will have never played it before.

But that's not everyone, and those people ended up with the short end of the stick having support for their console cut short. This is a first party title that is very similar.

It sounds like I'm repeating myself and I probably am and this isn't directed at you, but if people respected others' opinions, not ignoring points being made it wouldn't be needed. It's worst when insults are regularly thrown at you in defense of companies and that seems to be a trigger for me.

i mean i kinda get you, i have MK8 with the dlcs on wii u, and a discount for purchasing it on switch would be great, because dont see myself buying it on switch, for the sole reason that i would need to also buy another pair of joycons or 3 pro controllers, and those arent cheap here in mexico, but i wont be attacking nintendo for not offering a discount, i would love a discount, but i understand them too.

so

ce la vie

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
I've always found it weird how people pop into threads with "best I can do is $XX" like they're the bald guy from that pawn show. Where do they get these arbitrary numbers and why do they think this is a negotiation? Do they do that shit to the cashiers at Target?

I've always found it weird how people pop into threads with "best I can do is $XX" like they're the bald guy from that pawn show. Where do they get these arbitrary numbers and why do they think this is a negotiation? Do they do that shit to the cashiers at Target?

It's not arbitrary, $XX is what they're willing to pay, and it's likely due to either their thoughts on the game or general principles that relate to the game.

Skyzard

Banned
i mean i kinda get you, i have MK8 with the dlcs on wii u, and a discount for purchasing it on switch would be great, because dont see myself buying it on switch, for the sole reason that i would need to also buy another pair of joycons or 3 pro controllers, and those arent cheap here in mexico, but i wont be attacking nintendo for not offering a discount, i would love a discount, but i understand them too.

so

ce la vie

I don't want to be attacking Nintendo for it, I still like their games but I'm not happy it wasn't offered and voiced my issue with it.

Getting attacked for having issues with it makes me even less likely to concede.

It's a matter of principles. Even if the upgrade discount was tiny or the DLC on wiiu expensive, at least they acknowledged it. It means they took things into consideration and understand the concerns. Right now it kinda feels like I'm getting shafted, I'm not going to take it while people here try and hold me down for Nintendo.

Try replying to my post instead of a strawman.

The rest of your point was:

- GTA V goes on sale more often than MK8
- GTA V goes on sale for 50% off vs. MK8's 30%

When Nintendo said that they would no longer do price drops like they used to - and let's be frank, they've never gone to the levels of price drop extremity that we see with other companies - that decision did not do any good for fans. Not only did it mean that the games would never become cheaper until they decided to reinstate Player's Choice, it ultimately resulted in a drought, partly due to a lack of localization.

I mean, citation needed? I don't think Nintendo failing to do discounts had anything to do with their decisions to localize anything. Those decisions were based on a perceived lack of demand for certain titles.

Not only that, but plenty of games became cheaper despite never getting Player's Choice releases. (Hint: they were the ones that didn't have a lot of demand.)

Also, are you suggesting that GTAV represents a race-to-the-bottom shitfest, since that's the comparison being drawn?

By "race-to-the-bottom shitfest," I mean the expectation for deep discounts comes with a mentality ingrained by publishers and platform holders that games will be sold for a small fraction of the original price down the line. But this ultimately hurts the long-term value of games, which leads to the industry finding more ways to extract dollars from consumers, be it DLC, microtransactions, expensive GOTY editions, subscription fees, annual sequels, etc.

This isn't a condemnation of GTAV, but the way this behavior has influenced purchasing habits and pricing schemes and led to (IMO) games becoming more "industry" and less "game."

I'm happy to pay lots of money for a product that's reliably good. I'm less happy to pay money for a product that's put out with the expectation that it'll snap up lots of money from early adopters, then sell for $20 in six months. These are the experiences that have burned me the most. I have better luck buying games I know will be worth full price, or waiting 5-7 years like I did for most of PS3's library.

slit

...No, but not all DLC has that problem? If the paid DLC is content that should have been present in the first place, then of course I'd criticize it. There is some subjectivity to "should," but here, I think it's fair to say that a staple since the SNES should have been in, yeah.

So which of the DLC packs do you feel is a ripoff? I guess adding characters and tracks is some new novel ripoff Nintendo invented, nevermind the cascade of other publishers that do it or even flaunt it.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

I saw a toaster at Walmart for $20. I thought it was a ripoff since I already bought a similar toaster before. I offered to pay $10 but the cashier refused.

Looks like they must not want my money.

In a free market sellers are free to set the prices of their goods/services and buyers are free to decide if its worth it

The rest of your point was:

- GTA V goes on sale more often than MK8
- GTA V goes on sale for 50% off vs. MK8's 30%

I mean, citation needed? I don't think Nintendo failing to do discounts had anything to do with their decisions to localize anything. Those decisions were based on a perceived lack of demand for certain titles.

Not only that, but plenty of games became cheaper despite never getting Player's Choice releases. (Hint: they were the ones that didn't have a lot of demand.)

By "race-to-the-bottom shitfest," I mean the expectation for deep discounts comes with a mentality ingrained by publishers and platform holders that games will be sold for a small fraction of the original price down the line. But this ultimately hurts the long-term value of games, which leads to the industry finding more ways to extract dollars from consumers, be it DLC, microtransactions, expensive GOTY editions, subscription fees, annual sequels, etc.

Nintendo's low level of localization coincides with Nintendo's decision to use an evergreen system, where games will fill the gap for longer.

Also, really quick, but you bring up DLC, expensive GotY editions, subscription fees

Mario Kart 8 has DLC

Mario Kart 8 has an expensive GotY edition

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe requires you to pay to play online

So really, you only avoid annual sequels and microtransactions with Nintendo. It doesn't sound like not racing to the bottom did much at all for Mario Kart

So which of the DLC packs do you feel is a ripoff? I guess adding characters and tracks is some new novel ripoff Nintendo invented, nevermind the cascade of other publishers that do it or even flaunt it.

I don't really buy DLC that isn't from Nintendo so that's not a simple question to answer. If I buy DLC outside of Nintendo, I actually review the content thoroughly.

That said, I really haven't a clue what you're talking about. I never claimed that Nintendo is uniquely bad wrt DLC. Nintendo perhaps gets less criticism than a lot of other companies get over DLC, so I have no idea where this persecution complex comes from that you seem to believe exists for Nintendo. People are treating Nintendo right now as they would other developers.

Nintendo's low level of localization coincides with Nintendo's decision to use an evergreen system, where games will fill the gap for longer.

I mean...no? They released plenty of games with short tails. They just didn't release the ones they thought would only do well in the Japanese market, or that just plain didn't do well in other markets.

This isn't all that different from how they behaved even before they retired the Player's Choice brand. So it's not a reflection of the way they price games; it's a reflection of the way they forecast demand for their games.

Also, really quick, but you bring up DLC, expensive GotY editions, subscription fees

Mario Kart 8 has DLC

Mario Kart 8 has an expensive GotY edition

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe requires you to pay to play online

So really, you only avoid annual sequels and microtransactions with Nintendo. It doesn't sound like not racing to the bottom did much at all for Mario Kart

Why do you think I'm getting so angry at you for suggesting that Nintendo embrace yet another bad industry trend?

Poppyseed

To be fair, Battle Mode is so crap on the Wii U version it may as well not exist. It's a travesty.

slit

I don't really buy DLC that isn't from Nintendo so that's not a simple question to answer. If I buy DLC outside of Nintendo, I actually review the content thoroughly.

That said, I really haven't a clue what you're talking about. I never claimed that Nintendo is uniquely bad wrt DLC. Nintendo perhaps gets less criticism than a lot of other companies get over DLC, so I have no idea where this persecution complex comes from that you seem to believe exists for Nintendo. People are treating Nintendo right now as they would other developers.

Let me make it clear for you then, what kind of DLC would you expect for a kart racer if the developer wanted to add content?

I mean...no? They released plenty of games with short tails. They just didn't release the ones they thought would only do well in the Japanese market, or that just plain didn't do well in other markets.

This isn't all that different from how they behaved even before they retired the Player's Choice brand.

Why do you think I'm getting so angry at you for suggesting that Nintendo embrace yet another bad industry trend?

But that's the thing, you claim that offering better price drops would lead to those things, but the thing of it is, Nintendo isn't doing that and they're doing these things. If they're already partaking in toxic aspects of the industry, what would be the harm of offering better prices?

Let me make it clear for you then, what kind of DLC would you expect from a kart racer if the developer wanted to add content?

Again, Battle Mode just isn't a good DLC, especially paid. It's about as good of DLC as ME3's ending fix DLC was. I can't comment on the quality of ME3's ending fix DLC, but I'll pretend it's good for the sake of argument. Sure, both pieces of DLC are GOOD, but it's not good that people have to pay money to get content that in lacking, was the biggest shortcoming of the game.

To answer your question, Birdo.

Also, it has $12 of DLC.

Totally agree with you. The Battle Mode that exists in Mario Kart 8 vanilla is barely even a battle mode. There is a reason the other games have unique arenas for battle mode instead of just normal tracks, because normal tracks don't work for battle mode. In the original, battle mode feels like something that took them 5 seconds so they could check off a box. In Deluxe, it's what a battle mode in Mario Kart should look like, and considering the battle mode was the only real flaw with MK8, fixing it makes the new version worth it. As far as I'm concerned, a good battle mode is basically half the content in a mario kart game, so MK8 original felt like half a game to me, even with the fantastic mechanics and bevy of well-designed tracks.

Tevious

Its amazing the lengths some Nintendo fans will go to constantly defend any questionable decision Nintendo makes that screws over some of their customers. Do some of you just not want Nintendo to have any good will for their past supporters? Is it really necessary to argue with people who are disgruntled with the way how Nintendo handles some situations poorly. Its like your working for Nintendo PR for free. Or maybe even just taking offense at any backlash toward a company you like. I'm done arguing with you guys about this. I just think Nintendo should offer Wii U owners the battle arenas as dlc (preferrably free as a good will), but if you don't agree, whatever.

This is a completely terrible analogy that isn't even comparable to the arguments being made here nor the situation at hand. Your example with pizza might make sense if somehow Mario Kart 8 on the Wii U launched with a downloadable battle mode, then a year later, they stopped doing it, and then 6 months later after that, they allowed it again but denied the people in the middle group from getting the battle mode.

A more comparable example is if you went to a pizza place location in CA that ran out of pineapples, and then 3 years later went to the same chain pizza place in NY and demanded a discount because you got shafted on pineapples three years ago in a completely different location.

Not to mention, that program was announced prior to the game being released and was a well known quantity. It wasn't created retroactively three years later. People knew full well going into those games what was going on before they bought it.

The analogy is fine. Your comprehension of it is wrong. Past bought "Hawaiian" pizzas are equivalent to previous iterations of Mario Kart. Those past Hawaiian pizzas came complete with pineapple. Pineapple is equivalent to battle arenas. Other types of pizzas would be other Nintendo IPs. The ham pizza is MK8 for Wii U and the pepperoni and sausage are the two DLCs. The special Hawaiian pizza that the customer gets which comes baked with all 4 toppings is MK8 Deluxe. The restaurant is Nintendo and the customer is a Switch owner that has MK8 Deluxe.

Bronetta

Its amazing the lengths some Nintendo fans will go to constantly defend any questionable decision Nintendo makes that screws over some of their customers. Do some of you just not want Nintendo to have any good will for their past supporters? Is it really necessary to argue with people who are disgruntled with the way how Nintendo handles some situations poorly. Its like your working for Nintendo PR for free. Or maybe even just taking offense at any backlash toward a company you like. I'm done arguing with you guys about this. I just think Nintendo should offer Wii U owners the battle arenas as dlc (preferrably free as a good will), but if you don't agree, whatever

It's amazing the lengths some entitled gamers will go to constantly attack any business decision a company makes.

See, I can do that too.

slit

Again, Battle Mode just isn't a good DLC, especially paid. It's about as good of DLC as ME3's ending fix DLC was. I can't comment on the quality of ME3's ending fix DLC, but I'll pretend it's good for the sake of argument. Sure, both pieces of DLC are GOOD, but it's not good that people have to pay money to get content that in lacking, was the biggest shortcoming of the game.

To answer your question, Birdo.

You mean you'd buy Birdo? Nintendo didn't include him originally though. They don't deserve your money.

Kebiinu

Banned
Can't wait to double dip. Bought the original at launch, buying this at launch too. Well worth the full price of admission.

But that's the thing, you claim that offering better price drops would lead to those things, but the thing of it is, Nintendo isn't doing that and they're doing these things. If they're already partaking in toxic aspects of the industry, what would be the harm of offering better prices?

I don't want Nintendo to be one of those publishers that depends on lowering the value of their games to get sales.

Because that's how we get the kind of churn that kills franchises.

They're still not to that point yet, even if they're doing lots of other shit I don't want them to do.

You mean you'd buy Birdo? Nintendo didn't include him originally though. They don't deserve your money.

Transphobic and resorting to strawmen?

Ve9Y3.gif

I don't want Nintendo to be one of those publishers that depends on lowering the value of their games to get sales.

They're still not to that point yet, even if they're doing lots of other shit I don't want them to do.

But GTAV does what I consider a fairly reasonable amount and frequency of sales, and yet you can still enjoy GTAV without microtransactions or online or DLC or any of the things you mentioned. I think you might be overstating the impact of price drops.

Skyzard

Banned

When we bought MK8 we knew they were going to be adding to it through updates and DLC as was necessary since it was lacking for a title in the MK franchise.

Now it seems to be finally complete, just not on wiiu.

Ehhh I can see both sides of the price arguments so not getting drawn into that one but I will say Nintendo seems a lot less generous this generation.
Before you had the Digital Deluxe programme, free games, constant price reductions during a games launch period, free DLC, etc. all whilst giving away physical goods via Club Nintendo.
Were they in similar spirits you'd imagine this game would've been discounted. The belt's been tightened now though.

Great, name calling because I didn't know Birdo's sex had been decided. How lovely.

Misgendering is transphobia, and Birdo has never been a man.

That said, what was I going to reply to? An allegation that I oppose all DLC that if I asked you to ensure that your next reply showed the exact quotation where I criticize DLC as a concept would never exist?

Top Bottom