• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart DS: If You Still (or Newly) Play Post Here!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I just got my usb adapter in today and will be up and playing in about an hour. I went into the other thread but there doesn't seem to be any activity and I don't know who's still playing but if you enter my code and post yours I will enter it so that hopefully I can get some GA karting action in.

AstroLad

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
4-player rocks, b/c you usually have someone right in your skill range, but 1 vs 1 (which happens way too much) sucks. I've had three people quit on me after the first race after I wiped them out (1 v 1) but I don't blame them, although I did stick in through four races with this one guy who was kicking my ass. Couple other observations:

-You can't drag items? D'oh!
-Can you not see flame trails? A couple of guys were jerking around like crazy and I just assumed they were snaking but I don't think I've seen a single flame trail buy my own.
-Snaking is powerful. I didn't even realize it since I don't do it much offline (if ever really), but I was losing to a N00000B!!1 in the third race after I had beaten all three opponents in the first two races and I just started snaking on the very last stretch (I do have a lot of practice power sliding around curves, and it's more or less the same thing) to see how much ground I could make up and I made up ground so fast I literally had to stop since I was about to overtake him after being an entire stretch behind.

Fun though!

Top Bottom