• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions - Review Thread

QQSbdKu.png

Bigger list of sprite comparisons.

Just reeks laziness that some enemies are either reused sprites from the modern games or removed entirely.

Why remake some sprites and not others? Why remove the Mecha Chomp and Skeleton DK?

Hooo boy.

Some of these are alright, if a bit soulless compared to the original spritework. Some, like the Troopea, are abysmal. Still worse is the outright removal of some characters, like Mechachomps and Psycho Kamek (and their replacement doesn't even make sense, as Doctor Toadley met Mario in Dream Team!).

Though I did get a nice chuckle out of the Geno comparison.

I swear that homogenization problem has been applied to every other Mario spin off series but Mario Kart now

Mario Kart 9's going to fall into the same fate, won't it

Koizumi save us

This unique and creative Koizumi vs mean boring Miyamoto is a strange fan conception, since Koizumi oversaw 3D Land and World, the more "generic" of the titles, as well as Odyssey, which looks to be going out of its way to be stylistically weird.

Those Koopa changes probably bother me the most, because they didn't change Dry Bones, so Dry Bones are still Troopea skeletons, while the Troopeas are just Koopa with a leaf. I also thought they were supposed to be Shell Creepers, not Koopa (despite the name), since the other two enemies from Mario Bros appear (only Fighter Flies appear now, the crabs were changed to NSMB crabs)

So much charm from the graphics seems to have been lost.

Falchion

I never played any of the Mario and Luigi games so I'm definitely going to have to grab this at some point.

Top Bottom