• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Odyssey digital = 51$

killroy87

Amazon.fr order seemed to go through fine, but I can’t find the preorder in my “game and software download list” nor have received a confirmation email. I dunno, this is weird.

Same for me with Amazon Japan. how're you supposed to cancel an order if you want? Or is that not allowed?

Wamb0wneD

This thread needs to go away from first page. Everytime I seethe first words I'm getting hyped af for preloads, a new review or whatever. Stahp pls. :(

SomTervo

If only there was a way to visit a website from your bed or a sofa. I can’t wait until the 90’s are over.

Doing shit like that from a mobile or tablet can be a total pain in the arse.

Laptop better, but still... Dude, you like swapping between several different gadgets/browsers/websites just to browse a market place?

A tiny bit of front-end set up with the Nintendo accounts makes it all painless forever.

mnemonicj

A system update just came out (v4) and it supports pre-ordering.
If I purchase the Amazon code, would this allow me to pre-load?

GWX

Hmm. I mean, the order shows up when I look at past orders. Just nothing shows up in that Game and Software page. Oh well, I guess I'll wait and see.

Man, now I’m even more worried. I can’t find it even among my past orders 😩. I truly think it didn’t go through as I hoped. But the confirmation screen at the end of the process was real, dammit!

edit: found it, it’s in the canceled orders tab 😔. Oh well, will wait for South Africa digital preorders to open!

Cathcart

Doing shit like that from a mobile or tablet can be a total pain in the arse.

Laptop better, but still... Dude, you like swapping between several different gadgets/browsers/websites just to browse a market place?

A tiny bit of front-end set up with the Nintendo accounts makes it all painless forever.
Cmon. You’re like the before guy on a infomercial, “are you tired of cutting off three limbs every time you want to pour a glass of milk?!”

Opening a web page on my phone is basically an involuntary reflex at this point. You just bookmark it. This is really not difficult.

Damn that is tempting but I want a physical version, and was hoping to even take my son to the store and buy it together with him...

Pat

Ordered from AmazonJP, having it one day before even if I was able to get a physical copy for 50$CAD is too tempting.

I always order physical versions on consoles, but I love my Switch much more than I thought and don't think I will sell it ever like I usually do since I'm mostly a PC gamer. From now on, if the game is a sure bet, I think I will get it digital. Changing cartridge is not great when you're in the subway or on the move.

I wonder if I buy Zelda: BotW digital, can I keep my saves?

mugwhump

Oooh, and no tax, too. As a Canadian that's saving me $15 even when I've got the prime discount. BOUGHT.

If anyone's having trouble with amazon, you've gotta make a new amazon japan account, I think. I needed to go to the account settings page to change my address; for some reason when I tried to change it from the "Change address" prompt on the page saying it wasn't available in my country, Japan wasn't available in the list of countries.

acidagfc

I will be buying from south african eshop, 42€.

Dude, thanks for the tip.

Just bought Stardew Valley like 20% cheaper than in my country eshop.
Didn't even had to use virtual credit card or anything, just used my usual card and it worked.

It's odd how games have very different prices in different regions.
For example, FE Warriors is listed at R669, while Mario&Rabbids is 849.
Meanwhile in Russia, FEW is 4199 and M&R is 3599.
(so if I'd buy FEW in South African eshop, it would cost me ~2850RUR, compared to our local RRP of 4199)

All the reviews so far(edge and famitsu) seem to indicate that Mario Odyssey may not score as well as BOTW. BOTW had 40/40 from famitsu. Mario Odyssey may score very high, just not as high as BOTW which was what I was getting at.

For Nintendo to push for a sales of Mario Odyssey before its release, there has to be justified concerns that the expected initial sales number is not going to be met. I would imagine a highly anticipated release like Mario Odyssey, Nintendo's own sales forecast relies heavily on critical reviews.

Huh?
Edge gave it a perfect 10 and Famitsu is a complete joke, not even worth wiping your ass with.

Poppyseed

This thread needs to go away from first page. Everytime I seethe first words I'm getting hyped af for preloads, a new review or whatever. Stahp pls. :(

Hugh, the pre-loading now being a thing on Switch make me wonder if I will be strong enough if SMO shows up for pre-load :-/

Where did you read anything about preloading? The new firmware supports preordering, but are you just assuming that means preloading too?

ronpontelle

Neo Member
You can no longer switch regions if you have eShop balance.
Is that true for all regions? I heard it was just for the USA.

I had $0.01 on my account after buying The Flame in the Flood and it wouldn't let me change. I had no problems logging a few pence to change over to Russia for Sonic.

Annoyingly my UK or French credit/debit cards won't work on the USA or Mexico eshop (no problem in Russia), so had no choice but to buy credit, however PC Gamesupply made out very cheap!

I had to phone NoA and they did it manually changed my account back to the UK. Not sure how many times they'll do that though. Might have to set up some other accounts...

ramparter

Banned
Dude, thanks for the tip.

Just bought Stardew Valley like 20% cheaper than in my country eshop.
Didn't even had to use virtual credit card or anything, just used my usual card and it worked.

It's odd how games have very different prices in different regions.
For example, FE Warriors is listed at R669, while Mario&Rabbids is 849.
Meanwhile in Russia, FEW is 4199 and M&R is 3599.
(so if I'd buy FEW in South African eshop, it would cost me ~2850RUR, compared to our local RRP of 4199)
Depends on the publisher. All Nintendo games that cost 59.99€ in European eshops, cost R669 in SA shop.

I was tempted to do this so I can play on the 26th, but my local retailer promised he will have physical copies for pickup on the 26th or earlier. I don't work on Friday so getting it on Thursday will be really cool.

Where did you read anything about preloading? The new firmware supports preordering, but are you just assuming that means preloading too?

Oh yes my bad, I thought it meant just that but the exact sentence is :

"Pre-purchase option is available for certain games on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch"

But what's the point to "pre-purchase" if you cannot pre-load ?

And for the sake of clarification, right now Odyssey cannot be "pre-purchased"

Top Bottom