• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Odyssey Pre-install Now Available

Randomizer

Really surprised the embargo is one day before release. Rare for a big Nintendo release, especially one that seems to be shaping up to be so excellent.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
They should allow digital codes to be issued early in that case. I preordered the download code from amazon but probably won’t get it until the release day. If Nintendo can unlock things like this, they should have no issue with early release of codes

FinalAres

I have a thing Tuesday morning and the rest of the day off. Plus it's payday then.

I'll just have to somehow wait the extra 4 days..
:(

Sanpei

I meant jp instead of the even cheaper options, not versus full price, obviously. Cheaper doesn't seem to apply since several EU outlets beat the jp price.

i cant use amazon.co.uk deal because my account is not eligible for that..

i can only get prime discount (£2)..Even with that, amazon.jp is better deal for me..

And everyone cant use other outlets online, but they can order from amazon.jp digitally and play one day early...

Z..

i cant use amazon.co.uk deal because my account is not eligible for that..

i can only get prime discount (£2)..Even with that, amazon.jp is better deal for me..

And everyone cant use other outlets online, but they can order from amazon.jp digitally and play one day early...
I though it was eligible for everyone, sorry. Just to be sure, try following this link and double check. Total cost should be £35 with that + Prime trial, if it works.

I’m preloading a main 3D Mario game, what a time to be alive.

Truth.

Story time - My buddy imported a Japanese N64 and Mario 64 with his friend back when it was first released. We spent the entire summer getting 120 stars without knowing a bit of Japanese and zero FAQ's. Seriously, some of the best memories I have from that era. When we finally played the English version at launch we were shocked at how literal some of the objective titles were.

Can't wait to do it again w/ Odyssey. In English this time.

It's now available on the EU eshop too.
2017-10-2510.16.56buut6.jpg

Get it for 42€ from the South African.

Keys

The JP version have english text?
The digital version on amazon.jp cost € 43 and you would be able to play in 6 hours.

sneas78

Banned
Does the JP version have English voice and text in English?

If the game is ready .. why wait .. makes no sense.
5 games I really want.

1. Mario Odyssey
2. Doom
3. Rime
4. Skyrim
5. MXGP3

SirNinja

Glad they finally got a preload ready, even if it is just a 5.2 GB download (which I'm still impressed by).

knkng

If the game is ready .. why wait .. makes no sense.

I imagine it has to do with commitments to retailers, publications and so forth. If it was a small digital only title then they would more likely be able to release it earlier.

Z..

Lets goooo
2017-10-2510.33.463jugb.jpg
I don't know why since I get it, obviously, but it's always so weird for me that people use their systems on languages other than english. Again, I know it doesn't make any sense but seeing menus in my native tongue weirds me the fuck out. I suppose it's a sub country vs dub country thing. Gives me goosebumps...

u2150260

Neo Member
since the reason of time-zone and region unlock.
maybe we can download it first from any region and set the account to AUS.
then we can play it at earliest time.

Spencaroo

Neo Member
I’m flying from South Africa back to London at the time this would be unlocked! Does anyone reckon an internet connection will be required to unlock the game or should the system clock do the trick?

BanGy.nz

Banned
I'm flying from South Africa back to London at the time this would be unlocked! Does anyone reckon an internet connection will be required to unlock the game or should the system clock do the trick?
You'll probably need the internet.

I can't stress enough how much I love snakes.

w0s

Oh shit this is awesome. I was going to be camping Friday and was sad I wouldn’t be able to preload this. Thanks op.

Top Bottom