• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Odyssey Pre-install Now Available

killercow

Anyone seeing a "pending orders" message on their games tab on Amazon JP? It worked well for ARMS and I don't see any errors or anything on the order page so this is weird.

deejay

Anyone seeing a "pending orders" message on their games tab on Amazon JP? It worked well for ARMS and I don't see any errors or anything on the order page so this is weird.

I have a pre-order message on my games tab. I got an empty page with my first order, but I think it had something to do with checking/verifying if it was legit.

Since the preload is Region Free, as in it shows as redownloadable on any regions eShop, I wonder if Nintendo even knows from which region we purchased the game.
Shouldn´t it be possible to unlock the game early by setting our accounts to JP or AUS (or use a VPN if they bother with geolocking)?

since the reason of time-zone and region unlock.
maybe we can download it first from any region and set the account to AUS.
then we can play it at earliest time.

Has this worked for 3DS preloads? I know it used to work on PS4 until they figured it out and stopped it.

DKPOWPOW

Finally, I can possess a Tyrannasaur. Hopefully within New Donk city limits and create the ending to Lost World I always wanted.

Vitet

I don't know why since I get it, obviously, but it's always so weird for me that people use their systems on languages other than english. Again, I know it doesn't make any sense but seeing menus in my native tongue weirds me the fuck out. I suppose it's a sub country vs dub country thing. Gives me goosebumps...

But the original language of the Switch is Japanese

Galaxy is a 3D Mario. Comeon guys lol
Nintendo differentiates them... but Galaxy is far and away the distillation of what 3D Mario should be for me. Hearing this game is more akin to Sunshine doesn’t fill me with confidence. I like 64, don’t get me wrong, but wondering if this will ever hit Galaxy levels for me.

MrBS

Preloading now, very happy this went up before going down to PAX this weekend, now I wont have to juggle mobile data :D

Rixxan

As I get older I become less concerned with having physical media - just preordered and finished my download

Can’t wait

sneas78

Banned
Can someone tell me please if I preload this game from Japan store the game will be in English .. if that option is there voice and subtitles?

Rixxan

Apparent best way to play this is with detached joy cons, right? I seem to remember hearing that a few times during previews and what not

Nintendo differentiates them... but Galaxy is far and away the distillation of what 3D Mario should be for me. Hearing this game is more akin to Sunshine doesn’t fill me with confidence. I like 64, don’t get me wrong, but wondering if this will ever hit Galaxy levels for me.

In what way is it close to Sunshine? In terms of the overworld? Structure? Hub?

If so, that makes me even more excited as I loved Sunshine!

Mista

Banned
Ah shit! HYYYPPPEEEE
u4xLNsy.jpg

ehead

Apparent best way to play this is with detached joy cons, right? I seem to remember hearing that a few times during previews and what not

Playing SMG with nunchuk and Wii remote was very comfortable for me. I'm just worried about the sensor issue which I still have on my right joycon.

F34R

As I get older I become less concerned with having physical media - just preordered and finished my download

Can’t wait

I really wanted this digitally. I weighed the costs though. $12 off via BestBuy, and a $10 reward back as well. I preordered it already, but I'm still struggling to not buy it digitally lol.

Krakatoa

I'm not sure whether to preload now, or wait another day to see if I can pickup a copy early from a store. decisions, decisions :)

cucuchu

This unlocks midnight EST for those of us in NA? I've never preordered through Nintendo eShop before so I'm not too familiar with their protocols.

OCD Guy

It's annoying that Amazon don't send digital codes out until release, so not able to take advantage of pre-load.

Ah well the positive is that I won't be downloading 50gb of data or anything so shouldn't take too long.

I hope not. I play exclusively handheld with joy cons attached, and it'll be annoying if the controls are frustrating.

nikos

Conflicted on which version to go with.

I have a $50 Best Buy gift card and GCU. They’re also offering a $10 rewards card for preordering it, bringing the game down to about a total of about $42.

Another option would be to buy eShop credit with that gift card and buy it digitally for full price.

Third option would be to pay full price and get it from a local shop that’s supposed to have it today. I’m not in a huge rush to play it though.

I’m off on Friday and it would be nice to not have to leave the house, which is why I’m considering digital or early physical.

Top Bottom