• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Party 8 - The whole set of images (wow!)

Eteric Rice

wsippel said:
A Bluetooth adapter always supports seven devices (eight including the adapter). Which would be enough for four Wiimotes, a headset, a keyboard and a mouse at the same time.

But for an FPS, would you really need a keyboard and mouse? I suspect that it'd basically use the Wii-mote and nunchuk, with a headset.

Now, for an MMO, you might need a keyboard and mouse.

54941520070223_174830_8_big.jpg

I dont konw, but this screen looks kinda great.
Not if you look at the details in the background...yeah, lowres-street-textures, aliasing...but if you look at it as a whole...it looks like a real toy-town. Also, this is what i want in a Mario-game...Mario, working as a plumber, living in Brooklyn, NY.

Surfheart

MasterMFauli said:
54941520070223_174830_8_big.jpg

I dont konw, but this screen looks kinda great.
Not if you look at the details in the background...yeah, lowres-street-textures, aliasing...but if you look at it as a whole...it looks like a real toy-town. Also, this is what i want in a Mario-game...Mario, working as a plumber, living in Brooklyn, NY.

That looks great!

I'm a sucker for that DoF effect :lol

Amir0x

Banned
PantherLotus said:
I think Dragon Quest Swords will be quite a stunner. Sure, it's on rails, but it's the whole package. I'm just saying that should be on your list.

I think DQS looks precisely in the realm of what an Xbox can do - and, in fact, I've seen just as good looking Xbox games. Of course stylistically it's a bit harder to cross the border there, but I don't think DQS is anything special technically OR artistically (as Toriyama art sucks as far as I am concerned), and I believe GCN can do it easily were it given the chance. Naturally, it's all conjecture... but no, DQS will not be on any of my lists. Nor this Mario Party 8 nonsense, which apparently I should be given props because Hudson has failed to try ever in their lives to do something remotely decent graphically with the series (and still!). DQVIII was amazing as far as last-gen graphics go, art aside, and DQS is at least above that and Wii is what it is so that's just a separate class as far as I am concerned.

We've got Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime III (just), and Forever Blue that really stand out from the pack and scream "hey, Xbox can't do this."

It's hard, 'cause when you got stuff like Ninja Gaiden, Riddick, Conker and other graphical showcases on the system you gotta show you can just do more. And even PS2 with God of War and Kingdom Hearts II! Gamecube too, really, with stuff like Resident Evil 4. Of course, the 16-bit color then becomes a huge issue...

Jacobi

Banned
Amir0x said:
and Forever Blue that really stand out from the pack and scream "hey, Xbox can't do this."

It's hard, 'cause when you got stuff like Ninja Gaiden, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Conker and other graphical showcases on the system you gotta show you can just do more. Gamecube too, really, with stuff like Resident Evil 4. Of course, the 16-bit color then becomes a huge issue...
Why Forever Blue ? I agree that it stands out artistically, but I don't see how the Xbox or the GC couldn't do that.

Amir0x

Banned
Jacobi said:
Why Forever Blue ? I agree that it stands out artistically, but I don't see how the Xbox or the GC couldn't do that.

You have to see it in motion to understand why I feel that way. Of course, it could be an empty ocean with like a few sparse elements and be completely unimpressive from a technical view but I can't tell that yet. Except, the lighting is gorgeous in motion and the geometry looks out-of-range at times for Xbox.

Krowley

Amir0x said:
I think DQS looks precisely in the realm of what an Xbox can do - and, in fact, I've seen just as good looking Xbox games. Of course stylistically it's a bit harder to cross the border there, but I don't think DQS is anything special technically OR artistically (as Toriyama art sucks as far as I am concerned), and I believe GCN can do it easily were it given the chance. Naturally, it's all conjecture... but no, DQS will not be on any of my lists. Nor this Mario Party 8 nonsense, which apparently I should be given props because Hudson has failed to try ever in their lives to do something remotely decent graphically with the series (and still!). DQVIII was amazing as far as last-gen graphics go, art aside, and DQS is at least above that and Wii is what it is so that's just a separate class as far as I am concerned.

We've got Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime III (just), and Forever Blue that really stand out from the pack and scream "hey, Xbox can't do this."

It's hard, 'cause when you got stuff like Ninja Gaiden, Riddick, Conker and other graphical showcases on the system you gotta show you can just do more. And even PS2 with God of War and Kingdom Hearts II! Gamecube too, really, with stuff like Resident Evil 4. Of course, the 16-bit color then becomes a huge issue....

What about project hammer? Did you forget it, or is it also within xbox range... i can see it being borderline.

But on the other hand, i also think mario party 8 is borderline and i think mp3 clearly surpasses xbox1.

I also think the 1 piece game looks pretty amazing in motion.

Oh and smash brothers looks nearly as good as mario galaxy to me.. at least in certain shots.

arcader

Banned
just like Virtua Fighter - this game is too twitch/fast to be online

Also - did I just realized that this got delayed til TBA 2007?

EBgames.com has it listed as 6/1 :(

I was thinking it came out like next week :(
\

jarrod

Banned
Amir0x said:
Er, not from anything I've seen? Every Wii game so far looks like it could've been done 100% on an Xbox.

DQS looks top tier though, better than FB certainly with noticably more complex geometry and texture work. The lighting in FB's pretty great (if subtle) but DQS is going quite a bit there also... it's really the more technically complex game (which makes sense considering the developers of each).

Haunted

arcader said:

\
not TBA 2007 but Q2 2007. :(

Krowley said:
What about project hammer? Did you forget it, or is it also within xbox range... i can see it being borderline.

Well, early screens and footage of Project H.A.M.M.E.R. were nothing too exciting - a couple of hints that it was doing some things that the ‘Cube couldn’t, but obviously pretty early in development - but the most recent footage from Nintendo’s Japanese show at the end of 2006 showed off what seemed to be a far more impressive build of the game. I would hesitate to put it in the “graphical showcase” box just yet, though - and frankly, if the game is as much fun as it seems like it could be, I’m not going to be too fussed about that anyway!

Eteric Rice

arcader said:

\

I wonder what will happen with Smash Bros online?

Oh, and I hear Metroid is getting a graphics upgrade. *boner*

Krowley

Cosmonaut X said:
Well, early screens and footage of Project H.A.M.M.E.R. were nothing too exciting - a couple of hints that it was doing some things that the ‘Cube couldn’t, but obviously pretty early in development - but the most recent footage from Nintendo’s Japanese show at the end of 2006 showed off what seemed to be a far more impressive build of the game. I would hesitate to put it in the “graphical showcase” box just yet, though - and frankly, if the game is as much fun as it seems like it could be, I’m not going to be too fussed about that anyway!

/agree

it looks like it might be a wiimote version of the GOW/DMC/NG game style... perhaps a bit simplified, but it's a genre that nintendo's been lacking and as far as the graphics go, they certainly look good enough to pass muster at least. I've been very impressed with the lighting and textures in some shots, but it's true that we haven't seen much.

IMO, Smash Bros online looks a bit shaky. It’s a massive challenge for devs to get a two-player fighting game up & running, so God knows how Nintendo intend to manage it for something like SSB. I wouldn’t be surprised if they got a one-on-one online mode up & running, tied in with online versions of SSB’s mammoth stat-tracking service, but I would be astonished if they pulled off a full Smash 4-player online.

Eteric Rice

Krowley said:
metroid???

please explain.

I heard that Metroid Prime Corruption was using it's time in development for a visual upgrade from the videos we've seen.

People that have recently played it say it looks better than Halo 2. Don't ask me how true that is.

Krowley

Eteric Rice said:
I heard that Metroid Prime Corruption was using it's time in development for a visual upgrade from the videos we've seen.

People that have recently played it say it looks better than Halo 2. Don't ask me how true that is.

well i already thought it looked better than halo 2 , so if it looks even better now, that's very good news.

Thanks for the info, hopefully it's true.

Eteric Rice said:

I don't see how that's some big stretch. Prime 2 looked better than Halo 2.

Mardak

Cosmonaut X said:
Well, early screens and footage of Project H.A.M.M.E.R. were nothing too exciting - if the game is as much fun as it seems like it could be, I’m not going to be too fussed about that anyway!
I'm not sure how much influence Monolith Soft had on Baten Kaitos's gameplay, but it seems like tri-Crescendo handled most of that part. But that's not to say Monolith Soft doesn't know what they're doing - especially after making multiple Xenosaga games.

Krowley

Mardak said:
I'm not sure how much influence Monolith Soft had on Baten Kaitos's gameplay, but it seems like tri-Crescendo handled most of that part. But that's not to say Monolith Soft doesn't know what they're doing - especially after making multiple Xenosaga games.

I thought project hammer was an NST project?

Are you sure you're not thinking of disaster: day of crisis?

Bit-Bit

DeaconKnowledge said:
I don't see how that's some big stretch. Prime 2 looked better than Halo 2.

Whoa whoa whoa. Lets not get ahead of ourselves. Halo 2 was really pretty for the scale of the game. I love Prime 2 mostly for the last half of the game. But it is not graphically better than Halo 2

Top Bottom