• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Party Party: The End of Giant Bomb

Stopdoor

Because 4's board design and items are blech. 1 has really good boards (that are prime for dicking over everyone else) on top of being able to turn on random dice blocks like warp blocks, 1-3 dice blocks, 8-10, minus and plus blocks, boo/koopa/bowser block, etc etc. More RNG on top of the already punishing stuff 1 does is great.

Truth. MP4 fans need to go back and remember those ugly boards and slow movement. It's not bad, but no series highlight.

Strimei

Kind of hard to believe you can condense it all into 11 minutes. There was just so much.

Also wow I forgot how chipper they were at the start.

edit: Oh man the music is a perfect choice.

Luigi87

I love how Jeff finally won at MP9.

Though they omitted the best part of MPP5, which was Brad getting revenge on Dan for a Star steal, handing Drew the win.

Bluth54

I love seeing the souls of the Giant Bomb crew getting crushed by Mario Party.
If (or more likely when) Nintendo puts out a new Mario Party for the Switch I hope they're able to get the gang back together for another Mario Party Party.

Linkark07

Banned
xp4fLDl.gif

never forget

Hey, I used to do that when I was a kid. Or throw the controller to the wall...

fhqwhgads

Look at all these Mario Party haters in this thread. Must've all been the younger sibling who always got their stars stolen.

MechaX

Look at all these Mario Party haters in this thread. Must've all been the younger sibling who always got their stars stolen.

Or the people that got fucking blisters and tore their palms apart because some degenerate at Nintendo thought it was a good idea to greenlight that shit Tug O War minigame.

Fuck Mario Party.

jobrro

Cool video.

Kinda surprised they squeezed 3 Mario Party titles onto N64 and 4 for the Gamecube. I didn't pay much attention between Mario Party 1 and 8.

Sort of want a Switch Mario Party now. I know the bread and butter is local MP but would like if they add online. In some ways might be a step back from the Wii U game, I felt the GamePad added some fun twists.

Jopie

I love Mario Party. Pushy Penguins in Mario Party 5 is phenomenal. I need to get some friends together for a 50 turn run, or two.

Not to derail the thread too much but it honestly blows my mind that people show up to a live event to watch other people play a virtual boardgame recreationally for an hour or so.

Not to derail the thread too much but it honestly blows my mind that people show up to a live event to watch other people play a virtual boardgame recreationally for an hour or so.

You don't know how long a basic Mario Party board goes, let alone the 50 turn boards, do you?

Top Bottom