• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario, Princess Peach & Toad Nintendo 3DS Editions coming (European CN only)

Zafir

Congrats to the winners, nothing here for me :-(

I only had one entry because I usually register all my games the week I buy them, should've really had 3 entries. So I was basically punished for being an early adapter.

I would have had 3 entries if I hadn't have registered games as soon as I got them instead of the 2 that I ended up with. :/

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I won a Peach one for my wife!!!!!
Awesome!!!! I never win anything.

0mJCO.jpg

I live a one minute walk away from Nintendo HQ in the Netherlands, they can just walk over here and give it to me :^p

Pezking

Yes! OMG! Got a peach one as well!

I'm from Germany btw.

Good deal for Nintendo as well...now my wife and me will most likely get two copies of games like "Animal Crossing"...

nny

I remembered this contest a few days ago...well, it's good to see that the results are finally out..even though I received nothing.

Congrats to the winners (lots of them here).

:/

MLH

Ah hell, the whole system was flawed anyway. 3000 3DS', 1000 of each but you could only enter into one category. Those that picked the more popular Toad 3DS (pure assumption, of course) had a much lower chance of winning than those that picked the Mario or Peach due to more entries...
Why didn't I go for the Peach!?

zroid

Banned
Interesting that Toad was the most popular, it's probably my least favourite of the three. In fact, I might have ended up picking it, falsely assuming that would increase my chances.

Wichu

So the entire supply of Peach flavor will go to GAFfers?

Seems like it. Add me to team Peach.

EDIT: Anyone else having problems entering their address?

EDIT2: Looks like it wasn't accepting my college address; used my home address instead.

So wait, this is actually a thing that happened in the end? well congratulations to the fortunate victors, meanwhile my entry went the way of my many job applications, not even a response....

The only time a competition entrant can cry is when it's all over.

To think I could have entered if I didn't leave Mario Kart 7 at home...which would have been neat given I have no 3DS (unless that is a hidden ballot entry option). Ah well...I didn't think my chances were viable though I could be wrong given the replies here...

But it seems an unusual number of people here won (mainly Peach as game theory went, this is the ugliest one there least entries=highest win chance). Well firstly only winners mention it on the whole and secondly, I don't Club Nintendo participation is exactly high, given at least 75% of used games I buy still have the code inside...
Why didn't I enter...I can imagine it being less than 1000 Peach entries :(

I had to take a week off work just to work out how to enter this competition! My email's just taking its time finding its way into my inbox, right?

But well done everyone. Nice to see there's a surprising amount of members that have won one.

Jackano

Nothing for me :/ At least I got the numbered tshirt one year ago :)

I predict some nice pictures and a thread bump when the GAF winners will receive their prizes
:)

(mainly Peach as game theory went, this is the ugliest one there least entries=highest win chance).
In my opinion that would be the Mario one. Something about the blue cover on a red 3DS just feels off to me. Toad and Peach are fine. Still, I expect that people would go for the Mario one over the Peach one, just because it's Mario and because... well, pink.

Why didn't I enter...I can imagine it being less than 1000 Peach entries :(
That would actually be interesting to know. Is there anybody here who went for the Peach one and didn't win? I'd have estimated Peach entries in the range 2k-10k, but considering the number of positive reports, maybe I should lower the upper bound on that.

kanugo

Yes, thanks for the pictures. I now know the one I won is the most beautiful (Chotto Peach Edition). :D

Can anyone translate what's written on the card?

King_Moc

Banned
I won a Mario one! I purposely went for the worse looking one to boost my chances. The tactic paid off. Unfortunately, i told my girlfriend. Now i can't get away with not giving her the old one :(

Gotta think it through next time.

nny

Yes, thanks for the pictures. I now know the one I won is the most beautiful (Chotto Peach Edition). :D

It says something Mario 3ds gift campaign on the top and "congratulations" on red.

Damn, I'm still convincing myself that Nintendo Portugal still hasn't sent out their winner emails.

:|

kanugo

It says something Mario 3ds gift campaign on the top and "congratulations" on red.

Damn, I'm still convincing myself that Nintendo Portugal still hasn't sent out their winner emails.

:|

I'm from Portugal, and I received the email this afternoon. :)

canocha

No e-mail here.. not even a "Sorry you didn't win... asshole".

I really hope Nintendo Portugal is just late.. as always!

Agreed. Going by these photos, it's the best one. Here's a rough translation of the card:
Card said:
A Little Bit Mario Nintendo 3DS Present Campaign
Congratulations
We are truly thankful for your continued love of Nintendo products. Now, since you are a winner in the "A Little Bit Mario" present campaign, you receive the article you selected.
We look forward to your continued support at the Club Nintendo.
Club Nintendo
"A Little Bit Mario" is "Chotto Mario".

BowieZ

Banned
Congratulations to all the lucky bastards who won! Especially those who gallantly gambled on Mushroom. ~Commiserations~ to the losers, but maintain hope there is a second chance redraw (as stated in the T&Cs)

Can someone speculate what the odds are I win my Mushroom 3DS in Australia? There are only 50 of that design to be won, but I've entered 3 times. How many entries do you guys reckon?

There are roughly 300,000 3DS owners in Australia, and I'd say half of them are not clueless kids. Out of 150,000 maybe 10%(?) use Club Nintendo (even me, a hardcore Nintendo fan, never signed up for CN until 2011!), so 15,000... and, say, 10,000 knew about the competition so as to register at least two games and enter the code. And maybe 2,000 hardcore gamers registered 4-6 games in the period (NB: many hardcore gamers like myself got stuck registering eligible titles before the competition period!). So it could amount to as much as 20,000 entries! And maybe 10,000+ of that is for the most popular design, Mushroom... so I have 3 in 10,000 chance! FUCKKKK

ebay here i come

Top Bottom