• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Strikers Charged: North American Cup

Nabster92

Would midnight EST correspond to 9PM here in CA? If so I could probably play around then. Just send me an IM whenever I'm on.

scottnak

Nabster92 said:
Would midnight EST correspond to 9PM here in CA? If so I could probably play around then. Just send me an IM whenever I'm on.

It'd be nice if you actually had your AIM on your profile...
Unless it's your sn. You aren't on now though... if anyone's on... check me on AIM, I'll be on til 1a.

Nabster92

scottnak said:
It'd be nice if you actually had your AIM on your profile...
Unless it's your sn. You aren't on now though... if anyone's on... check me on AIM, I'll be on til 1a.

Sorry my sn is posted in the list of friend codes and stuff. Just put it in my profile now as well, but we're in different divisions so we wouldn't really be playing yet officially right?

scottnak

Nabster92 said:
Sorry my sn is posted in the list of friend codes and stuff. Just put it in my profile now as well, but we're in different divisions so we wouldn't really be playing yet officially right?
Dang. You're right.
Donde estaa Mushroom peeps.
I'm free after 2 tomorrow. So... poke me online.

GCQuinton

Me as the away team:

Meta Knight 2 (16) GCQuinton 0 (1)

That's off the top of my head, but if the numbers are different Meta let me know.

Yep, that's the good score GCQuinton.

Meta-Knight 2 (13) @ Scottnak 0 (7)
Scottnak 0 (9) @ Meta-Knight 2 (11)

The two last games were awesome. I was led by two goals at 30 seconds from the end of the last game, but managed to win :D

scottnak

Meta-Knight said:
Yep, that's the good score GCQuinton.

Meta-Knight 2 (13) @ Scottnak 0 (7)
Scottnak 0 (9) @ Meta-Knight 2 (11)

The two last games were awesome. I was led by two goals at 30 seconds from the end of the last game, but managed to win :D

Buh. Epic chokejob. Both of those games were OT losers for me. :'(

Akinola

Hey guys, just count me out for this league. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Too many real-life issues for me to sort out (school, women, money),

but in the future, I would love to play again!

Nabster92

jtardiou said:
hey i want to play how do we play

As Milabrega said, you can probably take akinola's spot since he seems to have dropped out.
So post your info like so:

GAF Nickname: Nabster92
Mii Name in the game: nabster
Mii Friend Code: 373770 870448
AIM Screen Name: nabster9288
Preferred days/hours for playing: Umm..whenever

With your name and friend code instead of course, then add everyone on the first page in that post with everyones info to your list of friends in the game. Then contact (via PM here or IM if you both have AIM) whoever is also in the star division (myself included) to set up when you wanna play your two matches with them. So we're all supposed try to finish up playing the other 5 people in each of our divisions twice by like...I forget when exactly, but i think like within another week or so. Just read the first post on page 1.

So yea get cracking on asking people to play when you're free. For now just set up matches against me, Thespis, Magicked, deduce, and Penguin and check your PM's regularly.

Edit: Speaking of deadlines...Oct.14?? So we have like 5 days left!!! IM/PM me Star peoples!

Milabrega

Mushroom Division people, I'll be checking Gaf regularly for the rest of the night so just post/pm if you want to get one or both of our games in. I'm rusty so now's a good time to play me.

PedroRVD

GAF Nickname: PedroRVD
Mii Name in the game: Pedro
Mii Friend Code: 532684 292132
Preferred time: every night...normally at 11 or 12 pm

Milabrega

-Widgetraf
-Meta-Knight
-GCQuinton
-ScottNak -
Tetrisgrammaton

Care to set up our matches for sometime friday or saturday?

GCQuinton

Milabrega said:
-Widgetraf
-Meta-Knight
-GCQuinton
-ScottNak -
Tetrisgrammaton

Friday afternoon EST is good for me. Just PM me then.

deduce

deduce vs Nabster92

Nabster92 at deduce
- Game 1: Nabster92 (8) / deduce (2)
- Game 2: Nabster92 (3) / deduce (2)

deduce at Nabster92
- Game 1: deduce (2) / Nabster92 (4)
- Game 2: deduce (1) / Nabster92 (7)

Nabster92 wins both sets.

scottnak

Milabrega said:
-Widgetraf
-Meta-Knight
-GCQuinton
-ScottNak -
Tetrisgrammaton

I'm good either Thursday after 7
or Friday after 3. Just poke me on AIM. I'm likely to be on.
(Times are in Pacific)

Milabrega

scottnak said:
I'm good either Thursday after 7
or Friday after 3. Just poke me on AIM. I'm likely to be on.
(Times are in Pacific)

around 3 sounds fine with me I'll be on. Going to visit a friend this weekend so my Mii code will be different, will post the one i'm using before our match when we get there. GCQuinton around 3 good for you too?

I see the Nabster/Deduce game I haven't updated. Going to update the OP tomorrow morning with that game.

Penguin

If anyone in my division wants to play.
Free for the rest of the night.

Sorry had some rough weekends and work is kicking my ass.

I just want to confirm with anyone in my Division that I WILL be around today (Sunday) in the later afternoon. Probably somewhere abouts 5ish.

deduce

deduce vs Thespis721

deduce (2) at Thespis721 (7)
- Game 1: deduce (1) / Thespis721 (5)
- Game 2: deduce (1) / Thespis721 (2)

Thespis721 (2) at deduce (1)
- Game 1: Thespis721 (1) / deduce (0)
- Game 2: Thespis721 (0) / deduce (1)
- Game 3: Thespis721 (1) / deduce (0)

Total: deduce (3) / Thespis721 (9)

Thespis721 wins

Good game, deduce. You really found out my patterns in your home games. I wasn't sure if I was going to walk away a winner of those. Luck was on my side this time.

deduce

Yeah, I'd panic everytime I'd see Toad head near the goal. :lol

Those last few rounds were really close. Good game.

That was actually a brand new strategy I used. I was playing some people yesterday and Toad was rocking them both ways so I decided to try a game and see what a two Toad offensive would be like.

Milabrega

Deadline Has Passed so The Elimination round will begin!

The format for this round will be one series, with the higher seed being the home team.

Mushroom division Ranks:

1.Meta-Knight
2.ScottNak
3.GCquinton

Star divison Ranks:

1. Nabster92
2. Thespis721
3. Deduce
4. Penguin

For the Mushroom Division Meta-knight Will get a first round bye since he has the top score and I, Tetrisgr...., and Widgegraf all failed to play any games. So GCQuinton and ScottNak can play their game sometime this week and the winner will go on to face Meta-Knight.

For the Star Division Nabster92 will play Penguin in round 1 and Deduce will face Thespis721 anytime this week.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Are you guys the only ones left on GAF who are still playing Strikers? I only just recently set up my Wii for online connectivity so I wasn't able to play any online multi when the game first came out.

Anybody up for friendly matches, or are you guys too busy to keep up with this tournament as it is?

deduce

deduce vs Thespis721

Thespis721 (5) at deduce (5)
- Game 1: deduce (1) / Thespis721 (3)
- Game 2: deduce (1) / Thespis721 (0)
- Game 3: deduce (3) / Thespis721 (2)

deduce wins

I thought it was all over during the third game when you got those 2 pts within the first minute. Good game Thespis721.

Top Bottom