• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Is it too late to ship MCU Danny & Misty Knight?

If Netflix doesn't want to renew Iron Fist, they can always do Heroes for Hire & pair him with Luke.

My biggest complaint is Danny is so damn skinny. That, and the fighting is cool, but kinda slow. Like you can sometimes see them counting steps in their head.

Pachimari

Actually I don't think I will be able to forget the Rand Corp entrance scene fight scene against the guards for a long while. I could literally see them counting steps lol.

Actually I don't think I will be able to forget the Rand Corp entrance scene fight scene against the guards for a long while. I could literally see them counting steps lol.

That was the worst offending scene of it I've seen so far, but yeah.

And yeah, he's pretty bird chested lol. Think it's too late for him to bulk up for the Defenders. But a little more muscle would be appreciated for the second season lol

Logically, would he be all muscled up at this moment in his timeline? I think skinny and in shape works for someone who just rolled in from K'un-Lun. But definitely have him hit the weights a little harder for S2.

Logically, would he be all muscled up at this moment in his timeline? I think skinny and in shape works for someone who just rolled in from K'un-Lun. But definitely have him hit the weights a little harder for S2.

I don't know. I don't have a problem with his looks but I think the idea is that he was already that skinny and training would have at least made him more cut than that.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Muscles and Superpowers are a strange thing anyway. No way skinny people like Spider-Man could hold a building or a train with all wagons in the air without beeing giant muscle mountains.

Would love to hear a in-universe explanation on this :D

Pachimari

I would be perfectly fine if they even kept his current physique for a Season 2. But at this point I worry for a second season. I hope they haven't been scared away by the critics.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
All I want in life right now is a GIF of Danny and
Jeri Hogarth
in the park with their lines about "Why is everyone on me about the way I look?" "This is New York City. It matters." or whatever they say. (That spoiler tag is just in case people don't know
she
is in the show.)

EDIT: I'm watching episode three now. Is that penthouse the same as the one in season two of Daredevil? It looks crazy familiar for some reason.

I think I'm with this. I'm okay with a skinny Iron Fist in the same way that I generally prefer a skinny Spider-Man - the power isn't really from the muscles.

Even when Spider-Man is skinny, he has muscle. You don't have to be completely swole to have a strong look to you.

Only got 3 episodes to go. I like the show, but it definitely has its problems. Weakest of the MCU shows for sure.

Irobot82

I like it for the most part. I like how Danny comes off naive, or maybe dumb to the way the world works. Sometimes it makes the show feel awkward. Sometimes I feel it moves too slow.

Pachimari

I'm seriously enjoying Iron Fist a whole damn lot right now, but I only finished Episode 2. Even my mother who hates everything Marvel likes this. And I love Danny Rand. To me, so far it's better than Jessica Jones and Luke Cage but it can quickly plummet later on likes what happened to Luke Cage last half.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
but it can quickly plummet later on likes what happened to Luke Cage last half.
I am nearing the end of the season now, and I think I've endured the plummet. Or am enduring; I'm hoping it ends on a slightly better note.

Netflix really needs to vary Marvel season lengths and even episode lengths.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
First look at the Dora Milaje in Black Panther:

C7OZDN8VwAA6LID.jpg

Okay, so I'm watching the first episode of Iron Fist now and...
- Holy bad CGI, Batman, that fucking car flip and that fucking hawk.
- The Mandarin spoken by Danny is fucking god awful and this is coming from a foreign dude learning Chinese.
- The flashback scene with the Meachum bro had godawful plotting and no development that meant anything.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Am currently holding off on Iron Fist because of Finn Jones making a tit of himself. Am I missing out particularly?
No. There was a stretch toward the beginning where I was like, "Oh shit. This actually isn't that bad. I'm glad I'm watching it."

But the more that went on, the more that feeling went away until I was left feeling like I watched a steaming pile of dog shit for 13 hours.

That might be a little harsh...but Colleen wasn't enough to save that show. And she was the best part about it, by far, in my opinion.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Anthony Mackie Says Marvel TV and Movie Crossover Wouldn’t Work At All

One thing that many Marvel fans have been hoping to see for some time now is the Marvel TV Universe crossing over into the movies. It’s been rumored, and the movies have been referenced on occasion within the Netflix shows, but nothing really in the movies.

Many actors have said they’d be open to the idea, but nothing has ever happened.

When asked about that prospect, Anthony Mackie had the following to say while speaking at Wizard World Cleveland:

“Different universes, different worlds, different companies, different designs. Kevin Feige is very specific about how he wants the Marvel Universe to be seen in the film world. It wouldn’t work. It wouldn’t work at all.”

Cut the check.

curb

Banned
I managed to get in the first episode of Iron Fist this weekend. It seems fine. I'll probably watch more but I don't feel like it's a priority. I think pretty much all the other Netflix shows managed to grab my attention right away but this one didn't. I'll keep my expectations low and chip away at it when I have time.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Is
Spider-Man
really not mentioned in the english dub of Iron Fist?

Its a reference that little matters, but I put it in a spoiler regarsless...

Is
Spider-Man
really not mentioned in the english dub of Iron Fist?

Its a reference that little matters, but I put it in a spoiler regarsless...

What do you mean by english "dub"? Do you just mean the english language version? If so, I don't remember them ever mentioning him during the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom