• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nizz

Is there any chance that Netflix/Marvel can shorten their series length to 8 episodes apiece instead of 13? I know The Defenders will be 8 episodes. I feel that a lower count can help these shows with a tighter narrative and trim some fat.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Is there any chance that Netflix/Marvel can shorten their series length to 8 episodes apiece instead of 13? I know The Defenders will be 8 episodes. I feel that a lower count can help these shows with a tighter narrative and trim some fat.

The initial deal with Netflix/ABC/Marvel/Whoever was for 60 episodes of television, 13 from every series and then eight from Defenders.

We don't know if they have to stick with that after they're finished and move on to Daredevil S3, JJ S2, Luke Cage S2 however.

Daredevil S2 was 13 episodes FWIW, and Punisher will be too.

Pachimari

I'm fine with the 13-episode count. I just want them to be able to fill them all out.

Also, fuck Scott Buck. Now I'm damn worried about Inhumans.

YOU FUCKED UP DANNY.

This is what I was scared of, and fucking Scott Buck made my nightmares come true. Iron fist is one of my favorite Marvel characters so it hurts to see his big debut fumbled like this.

Goddamnit, TV.

Penguin

Thor...

C6aWHV8U8AA5ipt.jpg:large

A massive Iron Fist fan wouldn't skip it because some stranger he's never met said mean things about it.
Some stranger, no.

Several strangers including critics he or she largely agrees with, maybe.

Still can't believe they fucked up one of my favorite heroes. Thanks, Scott.

histopher

A massive Iron Fist fan wouldn't skip it because some stranger he's never met said mean things about it.

Yeah I just like to pretend Im a fan...
To elaborate:

* reviews are bashing it
* the trailers have BORED me
* everything I have read doesn't sound like the show I am after.

If GAF turns around and says its Ok maybe I'll try it but I have no interest and thats a worry.

Yeah I just like to pretend Im a fan...
To elaborate:

* reviews are bashing it
* the trailers have BORED me
* everything I have read doesn't sound like the show I am after.

If GAF turns around and says its Ok maybe I'll try it but I have no interest and thats a worry.

Considering the glowing reviews of LC and JJ, I'm not worried.

TDLink

A massive IF fan also doesn't have to shovel an obviously crappy looking show down their mouth either. Blind fanboyism doesn't help anyone. There can be poor and/or outright terrible shows or films created by Marvel. In fact, it's bound to happen. Pretending every one of their projects is perfect isn't helpful to anyone.

I'm also a huge fan of the character and it sounds like they simply aren't respecting the material here, plus miscast characters, plus utilized a poor showrunner. That's a lot of smoke so there probably is fire. Of course everyone should check things out on their own and make their own judgment call. But the reception is overwhelmingly negative so it's very likely how most people will feel about what they have created in this instance.

The Kree

Banned
Watching it in spite of a handful of negative reviews doesn't equate to blind fanboyism or pretending it's good. But whatever. The sky is falling.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I took the day off to watch this stuff and I am continuing to do this. I will just turn off the waker, no need to hurry when nobody else is going to watch this.

TDLink

People can watch or not watch. Any one person should definitely try to form their own opinion. My point is everyone should do what they feel is right.

The negative reviews aren't just a handful, they're the overwhelming majority. With that in mind it makes sense that some people, even gigantic IF & Marvel fans, may want to skip it and do something else with 13 hours of their life. And that's okay. I just don't think it's alright to try to say someone is not a "True Fan" (or w/e you want to say) because they won't gobble it up on principle of it being the new Marvel show.

The Kree

Banned
You got some people with like 20000 neogaf posts talking about they dont want to "waste time" checking out a couple episodes of a TV show featuring a Marvel character they claim they like.

It's just kind of hilarious to me. You ain't gotta binge watch all 13 hours to call yourself a fan and you ain't gotta start cutting yourself because it got some bad reviews.

I watched the first 6 episodes of Supergirl. Still alive.

histopher

You got some people with like 20000 neogaf posts talking about they dont want to "waste time" checking out a couple episodes of a TV show featuring a Marvel character they claim they like.

It's just kind of hilarious to me. You ain't gotta binge watch all 13 hours to call yourself a fan and you ain't gotta start cutting yourself because it got some bad reviews.

I watched the first 6 episodes of Supergirl. Still alive.

Mate you are blowing everything out of proportion. You're kind of hilarious to me.
No one mentioned anything like you said. I don't have anywhere near 20000 posts either.
Show looks and sounds boring its that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom