• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First a new Spider-Man: Homecoming poster, now a new GotG Vol. 2 poster.

C5zqMU-XQAIbjvc.jpg:large

AND NEW TRAILER!

SO.
MUCH.
COLOR.

Also, poor Mantis relegated to background.

error4041

I rewatched Ant-Man recently, and honestly, it's probably up there with Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy has one of my favorites. it's interesting because Ant-Man doesn't have the mind-blowing action or drama that the other two movies have, The plot, visuals (excepting the ant-sized scenes and the quantom realm)and action are fairly average for a blockbuster, but the thing that elevates it for me is Paul Rudd's performance, he manages to have entertaining interactions with just about everyone in the movie. the movie is probably best for me when it's just Rudd and Douglas playing off each other, they probably could have thrown in a 10 minute scene where their characters are baking a cake and it would have been great. Another area that the movie shines in is how quickly it sells you on his family, the first scene with Cassie and she is already one of the best parts of the movie, the movie gives brief, but effective, time to flesh out Cassie and her mom. Which make the 3rd act of the movie one of the best out all of the MCU films.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
New Infinity War casting call:

http://uproxx.com/hitfix/avengers-infinity-war-casting-call-locations/

Aliens (Background/Extra) Males & Females, 18-50. Tall, slender or athletic build. Must be comfortable being painted (including on your face & any exposed body parts). All ethnicities.

Vikings (Background/Extra) Males & Females, 18-59. Especially looking for men with long hair & beards. Must be comfortable with fake blood and possibly special effects make-up. Caucasian.

Warrior Woman (Background/Extra) Female, 20-39. Athletic build, 5’9”-5’11”, waist 26-28, hips 37-39. Looking for someone with a high top fade or willing to cut hair on just the sides and wear a wig. African-American.

Aliens, Asgardians and Dora Milaje then?

I rewatched Ant-Man recently, and honestly, it's probably up there with Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy has one of my favorites. it's interesting because Ant-Man doesn't have the mind-blowing action or drama that the other two movies have, The plot, visuals (excepting the ant-sized scenes and the quantom realm)and action are fairly average for a blockbuster, but the thing that elevates it for me is Paul Rudd's performance, he manages to have entertaining interactions with just about everyone in the movie. the movie is probably best for me when it's just Rudd and Douglas playing off each other, they probably could have thrown in a 10 minute scene where their characters are baking a cake and it would have been great. Another area that the movie shines in is how quickly it sells you on his family, the first scene with Cassie and she is already one of the best parts of the movie, the movie gives brief, but effective, time to flesh out Cassie and her mom. Which make the 3rd act of the movie one of the best out all of the MCU films.

I agree, Ant-Man made me feel like a kid reading comics for the first time and in the theater I had the biggest smile on my face. Not everything needs to be black and grey doom and gloom.

It'd probably get a little more traffic if people stopped making production threads for every individual Marvel thing and just posted that stuff here.

I agree I kinda stop coming to this thread every now and then because there are so many fucking threads everywhere. I hope @duckroll just merges them all into this one. for better or worse the DC thread is ALWAYS active whereas I haven't been in this thread in a week... and there are barely any posts.

Pachimari

We've been talking about this before, and we agreed to not do production threads, but it might happen, that somebody not usually in here decides on himself to make one.

I agree, Ant-Man made me feel like a kid reading comics for the first time and in the theater I had the biggest smile on my face. Not everything needs to be black and grey doom and gloom.

I agree I kinda stop coming to this thread every now and then because there are so many fucking threads everywhere. I hope @duckroll just merges them all into this one. for better or worse the DC thread is ALWAYS active whereas I haven't been in this thread in a week... and there are barely any posts.

I think this is the issue I have with the Xmen movies. Every single movie, the world is at stake. Logan was really nice for not having this.

Given they seem to be bringing back X-Men books and are letting Fox make X-Men TV shows…

Does anyone think there's a possibility Marvel/Disney got something in exchange from Fox? Namely, the Fantastic 4?

Pachimari

First review of Iron Fist [IGN]:

So much of it feels familiar from many other recent superhero tales — Batman Begins, Doctor Strange, even a bit of Iron Man and Arrow — and the story the series has thus far offered in its first six episodes does little to shake up that well-worn formula.

The latter of these first six episodes eventually brings in more comic book-y and fun elements, but Iron Fist is thus far the weakest of the Marvel-Netflix series.

Marvel's Iron Fist starts off sluggishly, seeming far more like a soap opera than a superhero series, complete with bland, pretty, rich people sneering and scheming over family fortunes.

[edit] Oh, there's other reviews out there too.

Variety

”If you want to see the truth, then hold no opinions," Rand intones at one point. Well, it's part of this gig to issue assessments, and the truth is, ”Iron Fist" is as disposable as aluminum foil.

---

The Hollywood Reporter

Through six episodes, in addition to failing to introduce a main character I care about at all, Iron Fist hasn't given me any season-long arc/objective that I could describe for you, much less one I'm curious to see resolved — and that's before it hits that wall between episodes 7 and 12 that none of the Marvel shows has been immune to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom