• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDLink

As we're approaching OT 3 I want to officially say that I would like to relinquish management of the OP. The MCU has grown a lot since I took over the thread 4 years ago and I'm just in a different place in life now. I'm just too busy with various other things in my life to properly give this thread the attention it deserves with up to date and fleshed out information. With more and more film and television projects every year, it's only going to become more difficult. Honestly it's been a low priority for me for nearly a year now and I'd like others who have more time to dedicate to take over.

So I'm opening it up for anyone who wishes to take over for the next thread and make it even bigger and better. Feel free to keep or use any text or images, or get rid of it all and make it all new from the ground up. Whatever you guys feel is the best way to do it.

I'll still participate in the next incarnation of the thread of course, I like the MCU too much to not join in the discussion.

TDLink

Yeah I'm sure we won't hit it until the summer but I figured I'd say it now so people who are interested can keep it in mind and start planning what they want to do.

Quick

Banned
I'd be happy to help out with an OT3 should my services be wanted. :)

I still owe TDLink a banner from when he last did a cleanup and I took too long. lol

Sanjuro

Be jealous!

39bPTob.jpg

- From your friends at the DCEU

Nah. Marvel's writing checks to make sure Doctor Strange wins for Visual Effects. They're trying to convince others at Disney to pull Jungle Book and Rogue One.

TDLink

A Marvel community thread is 4 years old and hasn't filled itself out yet? Sounds like superhero fatigue is real!!!!!!

I know you're being sarcastic, but as I recall, the thread slowed down big time when the decision was made to move all big "Official Threads" to community. When it was in main off-topic it got a lot more traction since people were always seeing it. In OT Community it only gets the regulars really. But that's fine. It's still trucked along pretty nicely, I think.

What the MCU lacks in make-up Oscars it makes up for with competent writing and direction and acting and editing and casting.

I'll at least cherish that personally.

Well you win some, you lose some.

Doctor Strange and Captain America (plus Fox's Deadpool) were the winners to me.

The Kree

Banned
I know you're being sarcastic, but as I recall, the thread slowed down big time when the decision was made to move all big "Official Threads" to community. When it was in main off-topic it got a lot more traction since people were always seeing it. In OT Community it only gets the regulars really. But that's fine. It's still trucked along pretty nicely, I think.

It'd probably get a little more traffic if people stopped making production threads for every individual Marvel thing and just posted that stuff here.

The Kree

Banned
I would never have suspected Bautista of it, but he's so good at comedy.

Pro wrestlers who crossover to film seem to be naturals at it. Some of the best backstage vignettes on Raw & Smackdown when I used to watch were between guys like Rock, Austin, Jericho, Triple H because they were hilarious. I'm genuinely surprised Austin didn't have a comedic film career after wrestling because the guy can deadpan like nobody's business.

It'd probably get a little more traffic if people stopped making production threads for every individual Marvel thing and just posted that stuff here.

Also true, but I stopped trying to fight that battle a long time ago haha.
I believe I started that trend with AoU (sorry) but I wish I hadn't. I'm not bothered to keep up with 3 production threads and would much rather we stick to this thread.

Fonds

I checked out Dr. Strange yesterday.

As a hand therapist I had some major issues with how his hands are destroyed, but he can somehow pick up stacks of books.

Movie was great fun overall, but the inconsistency on that end annoyed me.
At the end of the movie you see Strange having a little victory moment where he (with great effort) stretches out his hands. In between you see him flinging people around, grabbing objects and stuff without problems.
Too glaring of an issue to me.

curb

Banned
Picked up my Doctor Strange blu-ray on the way home from work tonight. I only saw it once in theatre and was excited to watch it again. It's definitely not the same in 2D but I still really enjoyed it.

That tease with Thor at the end has me super pumped for Ragnarok and more Mister Doctor.

Edit: that Phase 3 featurette - oh lawd

8xZmB1x.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom