• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLACKLAC

0aCJemu.jpg

Platy

They made the Vulture a LITTLE BIT more menacing than he should be =P
Also they maybe mixed him with Mysterio by that image ?

Also .. GIVE ME THE THOR 3 TRAILER I NEED IT

Platy

I still can't believe how many amazing actors they got for Black Panther...

...it is like if they were just casting based on how good the acting is, you know ?

tomtom94

Eh I'll remain optimistic and assume that Sony will reconsider, if Spider-Man: Homecoming does become successful (which I won't worry about, I can see it managing success).

But indeed this would suck if Spider-Man is out of the MCU after the HC sequel. :(
My suspicion is it's public posturing rather like any time it "leaks" that an actor is going to be in a film so that when the re-negotiations come around for Spider-Man Sony can go "you need us more than we need you".

Neoxon

That implies a writer/director announcement ought to be fairly soon, they usually get 10 months or so of pre-production.
I'd imagine that we'd get an announcement for Captain Marvel's director at SDCC (maybe sooner), with casting ramping up shortly afterwards.

BLACKLAC

That implies a writer/director announcement ought to be fairly soon, they usually get 10 months or so of pre-production.

There were a number of directors competing for this and it sounds like it was the same process the Russo's went through for Winter Soldier, if that's the case the director they name probably already has the movie 90% planned out.

El Topo

It's finally happening. For real this time.

I'll believe it when I hear announcements straight from Marvel.

We know the writers, don't we? We had minor rumors regarding the script this year ("not happy yet") and a rumored short list of directors last year.
I may or may not have been checking for news regularly.

tomtom94

I'll believe it when I hear announcements straight from Marvel.

We know the writers, don't we? We had minor rumors regarding the script this year ("not happy yet") and a rumored short list of directors last year.
I may or may not have been checking for news regularly.

We know that Meg LeFauve (Inside Out) and Nicole Perlman (GOTG 1st draft) took a run at it but I would expect Marvel to get in at least one rewrite prior to release.

We know that Meg LeFauve (Inside Out) and Nicole Perlman (GOTG 1st draft) took a run at it but I would expect Marvel to get in at least one rewrite prior to release.
Well, when was the last time we heard of who was writing the script? I feel like the LeFauve news was pretty old, so it might just be that re-write has been done already.

El Topo

Well, when was the last time we heard of who was writing the script? I feel like the LeFauve news was pretty old, so it might just be that re-write has been done already.

Last rumor I saw was from (I think) January/February and said that they were not fully happy yet with the script, don't think another writer (i.e. whoever did the rewrite) was mentioned though.
Of course as it is with rumors, it could have just been old news.

Feels like the only new announcement that could happen is Doctor Strange 2, which will surely happen, but it's a full slate until 2020 or whenever it'd happen.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The girl that kisses Peter in the homecoming trailer is Zendaya, right? Someone pointed out, that they are different persons but they look pretty similar to me.

This said, I can be wrong because I never paused the video to compare in detail...

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
The girl that kisses Peter in the homecoming trailer is Zendaya, right? Someone pointed out, that they are different persons but they look pretty similar to me.

This said, I can be wrong because I never paused the video to compare in detail...

Nope, it's not Zendaya.

4Vqc.png

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Feels like the only new announcement that could happen is Doctor Strange 2, which will surely happen, but it's a full slate until 2020 or whenever it'd happen.

2020 would be fine. That would be 3½ to 4 years after the first Doctor Strange, which is a normal amount of time between Marvel characters' sequels.

We'll know if he's the new Iron Man of the MCU if he gets the May 1, 2020, slot.

caliph95

Is a highschool movie maybe peter will realise Michelle is who he is supposed to be with or have regrets and secretly longs for Zendaya.

If she turn out to be MJ, i expect them to drop the face it tiger you hit the jackpot at the prom

It just doesnt seem likely now for me that the rumor, that Zendaya is MJ who is Peters date for the Homecoming dance when he kisses there someone else.

peter's a modern teenager, a little kiss don't mean shit

if they're going for the late-game MJ reveal then it's just a setup for future developments between the two characters. they also don't have to be romantic partners in this series, they can just be close friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom