• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's kind of the usual Marvel villain really.

IDK what the usual villain is, some are good and some are trash. (Read: Malkieth)

However, I said this shit months ago when Strange came out. Somebody needs to pull feige to the side and ask him what the fuck is he doing with regard to the villains. It's a huge blindspot, but it's one thats self inflicted. And it seems like they dont give a fuck.

Cate Blanchett and Keaton gonna be wasted then. Weak villains are why some feel MCU fatigue and tire of a decade old formula.

I thought Feige would fix this when he got out from under Perlmutter, but perhaps I was wrong.

The Kree

Banned
IDK what the usual villain is, some are good and some are trash.

However, I said this shit months ago when Strange came out. Somebody needs to pull feige to the side and ask him what the fuck is he doing with regard to the villains. It's a huge blindspot, but it's one thats self inflicted. And it seems like they dont give a fuck.

Cate Blanchett and Keaton gonna be wasted then. Weak villains are why some feel MCU fatigue.
Villain's name ain't in the movie title. Gotta let this go at some point.

Pachimari

If you're feeling fatigue, don't watch the movies?

I'm sure the movies will still continue to perform at the Box Office.

But yes, the villains are definitely a weak spot.

Villain's name ain't in the movie title. Gotta let this go at some point.

All i'm saying is that Marvel Studios could do better, and switch it up with regards to the villains. Hell the marvel's villains are damn near a meme in some regards.

How does Feige and the Exec producers look at their movies and they say "yep that villain's good". A good villain is defined by their depth and some MCU villains are 2D as hell.

The Kree

Banned
All i'm saying is that Marvel Studios could do better, and switch it up with regards to the villains. Hell the marvel's villains are damn near a meme in some regards.

How does Feige and the Exec producers look at their movies and they say "yep that villain's good". A good villain is defined by their depth and some MCU villains are 2D as hell.

I think most of them have been fine. The vast majority of action movies do it the same way. I dunno why Marvel Studios gets held to some greater standard.

El Topo

It's not like Marvel only fumbles when it comes to villains. Most characters other than the hero never get their moments to shine.

Pachimari

Yeah, I was about to say this. Just because it's a connected universe doesn't mean they'll have to have any deeper villains. I mean, it's been working for them so far, and I'm pretty sure the general audience is coming to watch the title characters beat up shit. And Marvel has a tons of villains to take from, so they'll probably just do a villain each movie. It would have been cool if some of them would be build up in multiple films but I don't think that's gonna change any time soon.

Some of the artwork on them blu rays is amazing <3
The Phase 2 box arts? They're great! They're from the Phase 2 box set from Amazon. They also did them for the Phase 1 box set. Here's all of the art. They're from Matt Ferguson. The ones with Nick Fury and Thanos are the bonus discs.
Phase 1 said:
OEXjfBJ.jpg

Z5R4V5O.jpg

EIkwmyp.jpg

hqh3Li3.jpg

F5KWisY.jpg

K1d2fZJ.jpg

tZ7vnm7.jpg
Phase 2 said:

Pachimari

Every Marvel movie is 'fun'. If marvel got Doom back they'd probably turn him into a 'Fun' Machine. Throwing out jollyranchers and shit.

What is your goal in here though? You've already complained about the wasted villains which is a valid complaint but something we've already been through. And then Broken Joystick comes in here expressing how much fun he's had with GotG2 which is totally separate from the discussion we had to begin with, and now you go on about your same complaint. I just don't get what the goal is here, since we've already been through it.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
What is your goal in here though? You've already complained about the wasted villains which is a valid complaint but something we've already been through. And then Broken Joystick comes in here expressing how much fun he's had with GotG2 which is totally separate from the discussion we had to begin with, and now you go on about your same complaint. I just don't get what the goal is here, since we've already been through it.

Z7HeRxU.png

inky

He's right. All Marvel movies are fun, they have weak villains, no steaks, look like TV shows... which ones am I missing?... oh right, and Marvel creatively stifles their directors and all of them want to leave. Did I mention steaks?

talking point
talking point
talking point
talking point
talking point
I still watch all of them, and expect the opposite of what they are, 15 movies into the series. I'm just concerned about it OK guys.

Pachimari

I mean, the discussion is fine, but I didn't see any reason bringing it up again by quoting someone else who's talking about something entirely different. It just seems very, try-hard to underline MCU villains are bad. "No fun allowed" would fit his post quite nicely.

TEJ

I really don't mind Marvel villains being weak. At this point it is to be expected.

I just want better soundtracks.

I like

-Parts of captain america tfa, star spangled man is a fun song.
-The Avengers theme
-The MCU theme by Brian Tyler.
-Gotg's soundtrack as a whole.
-The dr strange themesong

But

I want something on par with John Williams Superman Score. One of my favorite film soundtracks. I still listen to the 1989 batman soundtrack, both danny elfman score and the Prince music. I like parts of Hans Zimmers Batman Begins and MoS music.

The Kree

Banned
I hope Carol has a Superman-esque theme.

Also, I'm predicting a Fantastic Four announcement within the next year, directed by James Gunn. All signs point to greatness.

how does gunn get full creative control and make a weaker sequel. Some of these reviews just make it seems like a rehash. Expected more, sad.

IHaveIce

Banned
How does
gunn get full creative control and make a weaker sequel. Some of these reviews just make it seems like a rehash. Expected more, sad.

Lol ok. So you did not watch it yourself? Glad you are doing quality posting here now, was the DC thread too boring nowadays?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Lol ok. So you did not watch it yourself? Glad you are doing quality posting here now, was the DC thread too boring nowadays?
&#55357;&#56834; You have to high expectations on trolls.

Edit: The biggest question now is, since Critics are always wrong, whats the point talking about slights worse reviews? Or are Critics now something that is worth listening for?

Pachimari

how does gunn get full creative control and make a weaker sequel. Some of these reviews just make it seems like a rehash. Expected more, sad.
How can you even judge if the movie have met your own expectations or not if you haven't seen the movie? Yes I think GotG2 is worse than the first one too, but your posts in here have been piss poor and added nothing constructive to the community. You can go about criticism in another way. Dude, get your act together.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
How can you even judge if the movie have met your own expectations or not if you haven't seen the movie? Yes I think GotG2 is worse than the first one too, but your posts in here have been piss poor and added nothing constructive to the community. You can go about criticism in another way. Dude, get your act together.

Stop drinking that Disney kool aid ;)

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
He's right. All Marvel movies are fun, they have weak villains, no steaks, look like TV shows... which ones am I missing?... oh right, and Marvel creatively stifles their directors and all of them want to leave. Did I mention steaks?

talking point
talking point
talking point
talking point
talking point
I still watch all of them, and expect the opposite of what they are, 15 movies into the series. I'm just concerned about it OK guys.

FALSE.

https://youtu.be/uJU-cKMmuvk?t=41

It's not a rehash at all; got much more emotional depth and character development than the first one.

Which you generally form an opinion on from digesting the film on a big screen over a course of two hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom