• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
C-ok5mSU0AAPAm3.jpg

There we go, I was waiting for someone to make that comparison. I saw that Yahoo screen the other day and thought huh this looks way better than the original one.

Glass Rebel

CZJ would have been my first choice for Janet, I could buy her more as Hope's mother. But Sharon Stone is obviously great as well.

Will wait for official confirmation.

I feel really bad for saying this but GOTG2 is probably my least liked MCU movie to date. I'm not sure why yet but there was something really off, the pacing felt really slow and none of the jokes landed. The only thing I really liked was Ego.

On the plus side I rewatched Dr. Strange the other night and liked it a LOT more than the first time. Really excited to see him in future films.

Glass Rebel

I feel really bad for saying this but GOTG2 is probably my least liked MCU movie to date. I'm not sure why yet but there was something really off, the pacing felt really slow and none of the jokes landed. The only thing I really liked was Ego.

On the plus side I rewatched Dr. Strange the other night and liked it a LOT more than the first time. Really excited to see him in future films.

This is just a weird opinion to me. I've seen Doctor Strange twice now and I thought it was rather mediocre after the initial shine wore off. I liked the visuals, the third act and how it set-up the mystic part of the MCU but that's it. Decent but nothing special.

Meanwhile GotG Vol. 2 was funny from beginning to end and gave meaningful character arcs to most of the cast. Not to mention that the music really underscored those fantastic emotional moments. Easily top 3 MCU and one of the best CBMs.

Different strokes and all but I cannot agree at all.

This is just a weird opinion to me. I've seen Doctor Strange twice now and I thought it was rather mediocre after the initial shine wore off. I liked the visuals, the third act and how it set-up the mystic part of the MCU but that's it. Decent but nothing special.

Meanwhile GotG Vol. 2 was funny from beginning to end and gave meaningful character arcs to most of the cast. Not to mention that the music really underscored those fantastic emotional moments. Easily top 3 MCU and one of the best CBMs.

Different strokes and all but I cannot agree at all.

As I said I'm not entirely sure what didn't work for me about it but I have no real desire to rewatch it to even find out.
My opinion on Strange is the exact opposite from yours weirdly, the second time I really appreciated the designs, Tilda Swinton and some of the really clever bits a lot more.

Why would the black suit need to be computer generated if the red one isn't?

If they were doing a full on comic style Symbiote suit it might be easier to do that digitally than physically in regards to lighting it etc. Sam Raimi (think it was him) said the comic-accurate suit they did for Spider-Man 3 looked like a gimp suit, so they went with a black version of the regular suit because of the texture. Doubt we'll ever see the Symbiote in the MCU movies though, especially since Sony want to go ahead with their Venom movie separate from the MCU.

It's probably just be easier to do the suit digitally in certain circumstances, they did some mocap-suit stuff for Homecoming.

Iron Spidey?

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
If they were doing a full on comic style Symbiote suit it might be easier to do that digitally than physically in regards to lighting it etc. Sam Raimi (think it was him) said the comic-accurate suit they did for Spider-Man 3 looked like a gimp suit, so they went with a black version of the regular suit because of the texture.

sf7vAr7.jpg

yeah it looks weird

Pachimari

I dunno what to make of the Runaways trailer. I've never read their comics so don't know what to expect. I'll watch it no matter what though. Glad it got picked up to series today.

And Defenders looks pretty good too.

Sesha

Between Avengers, Guardians, Defenders and Runaways, Marvel is getting pretty team-heavy. They've got a good variety though. We have a global team, street-level team, space team and kid team.

Litan

Between Avengers, Guardians, Defenders and Runaways, Marvel is getting pretty team-heavy. They've got a good variety though. We have a global team, street-level team, space team and kid team.
Well, Marvel comics is pretty team heavy.
People are still waiting for NEXTWAVE, THUNDERBOLTS, Illuminati, Nova Corps, Young Avengers.

I dunno what to make of the Runaways trailer. I've never read their comics so don't know what to expect. I'll watch it no matter what though. Glad it got picked up to series today.

And Defenders looks pretty good too.

The trailer is pretty spot on from the comics so far. Moreso than the cast descriptions let on, so I'm happy.

kiri

Heads up fellow UK-Gaf, Avengers will be filming in Durham from tomorrow. They will be filming on the square in front of the cathedral - any speculation from this location??

This is just after they wrapped filming in Edinburgh last week.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Watched GotG Vol2 yesterday.

If you don't like this movie, you are dead on the inside.

They should cast Zeta Jones as Janet. Cut and simple.
What a weird way to spell Rashida Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom