• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

Got GotGv2 last week and used MoviePass for Spider-Man Homecoming so I'm finally caught up on the MCU. Guardians was hilarious and Homecoming was unquestionably the best, most perfect Spider-Man movie yet. Michael Keaton as Vulture was fucking awesome, they made him legitimately scary and threatening and those wings were such a fantastic realization of his comic design.

So hyped for Thor, Marvel Train keeps on chuggin along

SpaceWolf

Banned
This has undoubtedly been Marvel Studio's best year so far in terms of the quality of their movies for me. I say that as someone who had been getting increasingly discouraged by their recent output since Winter Solider. Hopefully they'll be able to pull a hat-trick with Ragnarok, which actually looks pretty fantastic. Which in itself is pretty surprising, considering it's the sequel to Thor and Thor: Dark World of all films.

This has undoubtedly been Marvel Studio's best year so far in terms of the quality of their movies for me. I say that as someone who had been getting increasingly discouraged by their recent output since Winter Solider. Hopefully they'll be able to pull a hat-trick with Ragnarok, which actually looks pretty fantastic. Which is pretty surprising, considering it's the sequel to Thor and Thor: Dark World of all films.
huntforthewilderpeople_773x478_priest.jpg

SpaceWolf

Banned
I firmly believe that the Inhumans show is going to be the first Marvel project that Marvel offically decanonises within the next few years in a fresh attempt to do the property correctly.

Jake2by4

It's pretty pathetic that the r/marvelstudios subreddit is downplaying the IGN review but pointing to some random positive tweets as proof that Inhumass is a good show.

Looking around, some people are really in disbelief this is going to bad. The signs were on the wall.

SpaceWolf

Banned
INHUMANS Cast Respond To Negative Reviews; Claim The Series Is Only "Loosely" Based On The Comics.
Inhumans finally reaches IMAX screens this Friday and with early word on the show extremely mixed/negative, it's no wonder that the cast of the ABC series is being asked for their thoughts on that. Fans have not responded well to the trailers, the first review was overwhelmingly negative and the TCA panel for the series was turned into a laughing stock by members of the press. So far it's not looking good for Inhumans...

"We are kind of just loosely based on the comics," says Ken Leung, who plays Karnak in the series, says below. "The source of some of the mixed reactions to the little that people have seen so far [is] that a lot of people love the comics, they have been around for decades and it remains to be seen how people will accept something that is its own iteration of something that's already beloved."

Anson Mount, who plays Black Bolt, adds: "I think that the quote-on-quote awkwardness at the [TCAs] was blown out of proportions. There was all this news that we ended the Q&A early, which we did not. It was actually scheduled to end at that time. I think people should just see the thing." Whether or not they will remains to be seen but all is going to be revealed this coming weekend.

tenor.gif

curb

Banned
I'm really glad I didn't get IMAX tickets. I'll still check it out when it airs but my interest is rapidly declining.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-41107089

Chloe Bennet criticizes Hollywood racism.

Chloe Bennet, who stars in TV series Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, has said she had to change her name from Chloe Wang in order to make it in Hollywood. The actress praised Ed Skrein for recently pulling out of Hellboy. His casting had been criticised for "whitewashing" the original character, who is of Asian heritage. She told an Instagram follower who queried her name change: "Hollywood is racist and wouldn't cast me with a last name that made them uncomfortable." "Changing my last name doesn't change the fact that my BLOOD is half Chinese, that I lived in China, speak Mandarin or that I was culturally raised both American and Chinese... It means I had to pay my rent." She added: "I'm doing everything I can, with the platform I have, to make sure no one has to change their name again, just so they can get work."

AMUSIX

What the hell...she's going to get ice cream all over her new top...hold that thing upright, damnit, and pay attention to what you're doing!

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Following her on Instagram is one of my few highlights every day. She's great. I think I have a thing for the half American half Chinese women... Her and Kristin Kreuk, wipingsweatoffbrow.jpg

Sambrez_

We don't see much of the Avengers in this photo.
They want to keep the cast of the second movie a secret as much as possible if some are meant to die in the first one.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I don't mean to be too cynical, but do you think there will be that many people who will end up finally find enough motivation to donate to the Red Cross, simply because the cast and crew of Avengers 4 held up a placard?

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm not disparaging this gesture or the people responsible for making it...just pessimistic about whether it actually leads to enough fans making the effort to donate.

We don't see much of the Avengers in this photo.
They want to keep the cast of the second movie a secret as much as possible if some are meant to die in the first one.

Charlie Cox: (Looks up with mild hope)

SpaceWolf

Banned
You are right, people shouldn't talk about and promote good causes or organizations, ever.

I'm not saying that. It's a good cause and obviously it's great they're making that effort. I'm not rubbishing the gesture...I'm just doubting whether these kind of gestures actually yield legitimate, practical results in actuality in regards to encouraging fans to make a contribution.

EDIT: Some of the key information (who to text as a means of donating) is barely even visible in the picture.

Quick

Banned
I'm not saying that. It's a good cause and obviously it's great they're making that effort. I'm not rubbishing the gesture...I'm just doubting whether these kind of gestures actually yield legitimate, practical results in actuality in regards to encouraging fans to make a contribution.

EDIT: Some of the key information (who to text as a means of donating) is barely even visible in the picture.

The picture seems to be from them filming a video. Not meant to be official yet.

And I can see your point of view on this, and I've certainly had the same thought from before, but ultimately every little donation counts. What matters is getting the word out and keeping it in people's thoughts.

Top Bottom