• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

Platy

They are beautiful, but I don't really understand the concept of the colored smokes/dirts.
Looks like they all are going to be buried.

The concept is "space is LGBT"

TS9u0gG.jpg

oh good shit, my theater is bringing back IMAX 2D this time

Mine did too, but they annoyingly only had one showing late at night. Now that I'm working, I prefer to go to the 7 PM showing, but the only option then was IMAX 3D and standard. Ugh.

Decided I'd just take a nap that day and stock up on coffee the next day lol

HeySeuss

I think Mjolnir houses it. Worthiness and all that jazz.

No way. Besides, Hela destroys it. Makes more sense that Hela has it though since she's the Goddess of Death.

But Heimdall having it has been a popular theory for quite awhile. Linking his sight capabilities to the stone. I don't buy that one either.

Platy

No way. Besides, Hela destroys it. Makes more sense that Hela has it though since she's the Goddess of Death.

But Heimdall having it has been a popular theory for quite awhile. Linking his sight capabilities to the stone. I don't buy that one either.

They all support the THANOS theory so it is all good

Heimdall, Hella and Hammer

Pleaee tell me Killmonger isn't literally BP painted yellow instead of silver. Marvel is usually good with villain design.

Hell Yellowjacket was cooler looking than ant man. Same for vulture.

Pleaee tell me Killmonger isn't literally BP painted yellow instead of silver. Marvel is usually good with villain design.

Hell Yellowjacket was cooler looking than ant man. Same for vulture.

We've already seen Killmonger's suit and mask that he probably wears for a good chunk of the movie (probably loses that sweet horned mask after his motives are revealed or something). If he wears a Black Panther suit in the movie it's probably just for the final battle or something because his intention is to kill T'Challa and become the next Black Panther.

Wow, that was a thing?
Yes. Part of Sony's sale of its Spidey merchandise rights back to Marvel (back in 2011) was that Marvel actually pays a fee of $35m to Sony for every Spidey movie Sony makes (since the rationale is that the movies will boost the Marvel merchandise sales).

As part of this latest deal Homecoming needs to make $750m or more in box office to get that fee reduced (which is basically the financial compensation Marvel gets for producing the movie)

More details on this here: https://qz.com/1020387/spider-man-i...-film-studio-wont-get-a-penny-of-the-profits/

Fhtagn

Fantastic news, absolutely loved his character. Also a spys goodbye was an amazing episode, the ending was some emotional shit.

Was that the one with the send off in the bar? Cuz that was my least favorite scene since the first season. Fine idea but the execution just didn't work for me at all.

We've already seen Killmonger's suit and mask that he probably wears for a good chunk of the movie (probably loses that sweet horned mask after his motives are revealed or something). If he wears a Black Panther suit in the movie it's probably just for the final battle or something because his intention is to kill T'Challa and become the next Black Panther.

Is there a picture? When I picture 'Golden Jaguar' I figured his whole outfit would be gold.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Was that the one with the send off in the bar? Cuz that was my least favorite scene since the first season. Fine idea but the execution just didn't work for me at all.
...are you serious? That scene DESTROYED me. It got so much praise on GAF when it aired. I honestly think you may be the first person I've seen say something negative about it.

Fhtagn

...are you serious? That scene DESTROYED me. It got so much praise on GAF when it aired. I honestly think you may be the first person I've seen say something negative about it.

Really? It made me genuinely cringe with how much it missed the mark for me. A friend of mine who also likes AoS a lot agreed with me that that scene was rough. Suprised to hear it landed for others. They went big on it but the set was too small and for a group of people supposedly being subtle it felt like they were drawing a huge amount of attention to themselves. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

jph139

Yeah the "Spy Send Off" was awful. I didn't really find Hunter or Bobbi all that likeable to begin with (Hunter was fine once they transitioned him into mostly comic relief) and the whole thing was so saccharine and stretched on so long that I just rolled my eyes.

Fhtagn

Yeah the "Spy Send Off" was awful. I didn't really find Hunter or Bobbi all that likeable to begin with (Hunter was fine once they transitioned him into mostly comic relief) and the whole thing was so saccharine and stretched on so long that I just rolled my eyes.

Ok, I’m glad I’m not the only one, though I’m also happy it landed for some folks!

I’m glad to have Hunter back, exactly for that comic relief, he was really good at that.

Pachimari

I got to admit the farewell scene in the bar got me to cringe a bit too, and I just thought it was so overplayed and I wanted it to end.

dh4niel

So I heard Chris Evans wrapped on filming Avengers 4 very recently which had me thinking. Something's gonna happen with Cap

Who wants to put money on Bucky!Cap for the end credits scene?

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
In the context of the events of Infinity War, honestly I feel that as a post credits scene would be pretty small time. I expect him to take up the mantle before the film is over.

I wonder if they'll even have a post-credits scene for Infinity War that isn't a teaser for Spider-Man 2 or GOTG 3.

HOPEFULLY DOOM

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Robert Downey is 52 o_O

Yeah hes dying soon. They arent even making IM movies anymore, and the MCU brand itself is probably big enough now to go on without him.

I'm really curious to see what they do with Phase 4 post IW, I dont think they will go with recasts tbh.

Realistically RDJ could stick around as long as he wants. Dude did Spider-Man in three days. He has the easiest gig when all his superheroics are CGI and he isn't having to work out and get buff.

The easiest-easiest would be turning Stark into a JARVIS/Karen like AI. He shows up on a Tuesday, records his lines, and he's done.

Top Bottom