• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

Pachimari

Not to be a dick or a party pooper, but even if they pull the Black Order from that recent event (if only as fodder for each cast member to have someone to fight), why on earth would you think the movie would be based on a mid-level arc part of the bigger Secret Wars arc, and not based on...you know, Infinity Gauntlet, the most famous Thanos story and where the whole Gauntlet with Infinity Stones came from.
Ah yeah, damn, I remember this all wrong. Anyway, I hope they would use a few things from Infinity, The Outriders for one looks so damn cool. Anyway, I'll read the Infinity Gauntlet after Infinity. Was there another event or comic book run Avengers: Infinity War would be based on?

I'm only reading Infinity to get to know the Black Order yeah. Duh, I had a brain fart.

I'm not really that sure of what the Black Order can do though. It hasn't come across that well in the books so far.

Corvus Glaive: The first of the five. Thanks most favored. Corvus is cruel, arrogant and the most loyal of the Black Order. A warrior who betrayed his people and sold his soul to Thanos to pursue a different kind of glory.
Powers: Strength, speed.... as long as his otherworldly blade remains whole, he cannot die.[
So what he got going for him is just his blade, and the speed and strength of which he hits. The Avengers would just need to take out his weapon to kill him.

Proxima Midnight: The cruelest of Thanos' generals. A predator in every sense of the word. Proxima Midnight is the greatest warrior in Thanos' army.
Powers: Savage hand-to-hand fighter. Her spear, when thrown, transforms into three tracers of black light that never miss. These beams are lethal to most creatures.
I get she is the most effective of them all up close, but also is lethal from a distance with a spear that literally can't miss. She seems like a mouthful to our current Avengers. Maybe Captain America can stop these beams with his shield, and Black Panther resist them with his vibranium armor but I'm not sure?

Black Dwarf: When compared to the others of the Black Order, Black Dwarf seems almost normal. Feigning joy and contentment, in reality this celestial nihilist is simply more at peace with the oblivion Thanks seeks than the others of the Black Order.
Powers: Super-strength. Super-dense, unbreakable skin.
Reading this description he doesn't seem like anything we haven't seen before. In fact, he seemed like a real jobber going in Wakanda, only to walk away in shame with his tail between his legs.

Supergiant: History unknown. A mentally unstable omnipath and telepathic parasite, Supergiant seeks out intellect and devours it. What she knows, Thanos knows.
Powers: Mental parasite. Controls, devours or steals the minds of her victims.
I'm not sure I quite get this one. So she can basically fuck up the minds of our heroes, kind of like what Scarlet Witch does by creating images?

Ebony Maw: A thin razor of a man. Not a fighter, a thinker. A black tongue that spreads mischief and evil wherever he goes. He seems to be the weakest of the Black Order, but in truth, he is the most dangerous of them all.
Powers: Believed to be none, but that, like most things about him could be a lie.
This one seems the most complicated to me. What is he actually doing? Is he just good at straight up lying, getting people to believe his tongue? Or does he compel his victims to speak the truth? [edit] having read a little more, it does seem like he can makes people do his bidding. That was pretty sick what he made Doctor Strange do.

Again, I'm only up till Infinity #3 so I might learn more about them during the Infinity event.

(Also, I just typed all of this in manually on a mobile phone from a piece of shitting paper. The hell I went through.)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ah yeah, damn, I remember this all wrong. Anyway, I hope they would use a few things from Infinity, The Outriders for one looks so damn cool. Anyway, I'll read the Infinity Gauntlet after Infinity. Was there another event or comic book run Avengers: Infinity War would be based on?

I'm only reading Infinity to get to know the Black Order yeah. Duh, I had a brain fart.

It was just weird for you to go on this tangent of "maybe the movie will have Starbrand and the engineers and shit" and im like "Dude we'll be lucky if we get Adam Warlock much less some random ass Hickman invention that will probably never be seen again for a long time" :p

SpaceWolf

Banned
Nah, we won't get a Infinity War trailer until Thor Ragnarok hits that's what Feige at least said.

I absolutely love that this was the part of the list you objected to for being unrealistic and not the Fantastic Four announcement or the freakin' Defenders film.

The Kree

Banned
I heard they're just taking the title from Infinity War, and is recommended the Infinity Gauntlet and Thanos' Quest run in the Comics OT. Anyway, I shall finish Infinity first and foremost.

2 hours till the Marvel panel starts I assume.

And after you're done with Infinity War, read Infinity Crusade.

Basically just read every Jim Starlin Thanos story.

Pachimari

And after you're done with Infinity War, read Infinity Crusade.

Basically just read every Jim Starlin Thanos story.
Noted!

How many hours if any till they show those who attend the event any thing related to MCU ?
3 posts above yours, I said it'll start in 2 hours. :)

The first cut of Black Panther is allegedly 4 hours. My word.
I think this is pretty normal for films while they start out editing and piecing it all together.

The Kree

Banned
Everytime one of these events come around people somehow manage to manufacture more and more ridiculous expectations JUST so that they can be let down when they're not met. It's like y'all jerk off to disappointment.

Pachimari

I'm not sure if anyone in here have expectations. Probably. I can only talk on my own behalf, and all I am expecting to get out of D23 today is the confirmation of the Black Order, and some crowd pictures of the five statues on the showfloor.

Then next weekend at SDCC, I will hope some people will give us a description of the Thor: Ragnarok trailer, and besides that I have no idea what will come up, so that's all I'm expecting.

The Black Order were created recently, but honestly they were something that was a long time coming, especially with Thanos being turned more into a standard type of bad guy for a movie. Early on, Thanos never really had any named flunkies, and just sort of had random hordes of space pirates and criminals do his underling business. He'd sometimes get recruits from established bad guys, but it wasn't usually for long, and he rarely teamed up with other bad guys for more than brief stints. The Black Order are kind of throwaway, and I think at this point only Proxima is still around, but they're good for movies, TV, and games, since the heroes don't just jump straight to Thanos.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
I absolutely love that this was the part of the list you objected to for being unrealistic and not the Fantastic Four announcement or the freakin' Defenders film.

Because it's a no brainer that it won't happen, at least not in the near future. As for the Defenders movie I didn't even saw the movie part until someone pointed it out.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Hollywood Reporter Retweeted
Aaron Couch‏Verified account @AaronCouch 8m8 minutes ago

CAPTAIN AMERICA HAS A BEARD IN INFINITY WAR
11 replies 437 retweets 476 likes

Rotten Tomatoes‏Verified account @RottenTomatoes 8m8 minutes ago

Thor just crashed into the Guardians of the Galaxy ship to start this #AvengersInfinityWar preview ��

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
gkIB9Q2.jpg

curb

Banned
Was hoping for a Black Order reveal but that footage sounds like pure awesomeness. Hope we don't have to wait to long for a teaser.

Top Bottom