• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel going street level w/ Netflix (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#It'sNotConnected

Spiderman would be the most logical bridge and they probably would have done it if they had more freedom with the character

As of now im sure Sony just wants him to big running with the big dogs

Oh and obviously the layers of division already existing amongst Marvel TV and Film

Throw Sony into that mix?

#It'sNotConnected
boooo.gif

Spiderman would be the most logical bridge and they probably would have done it if they had more freedom with the character

As of now im sure Sony just wants him to big running with the big dogs

Oh and obviously the layers of division already existing amongst Marvel TV and Film

Throw Sony into that mix?
Sony has to be aware of all the good press that the Defenders has been getting minus Iron Fist, so why wouldn't they want the association?

They have Spider-Man and MCU connections with Iron Man as a supporting character. In comparison Defenders is peanuts.
Iron Man makes a physical appearance but what harm would there have been for at least a mention of the peanuts..?
One of the Homecoming producers said he'd love for Spidey to meet up with Daredevil (but it doesn't happen in that movie).
It should happen in the fuckin sequel then

they took this down
Not surprising, but where is that confirmed?
Not specifically referenced in this movie, no. I think that’s something we all think would be really fun and it’s definitely a card I would love to see played, if not sooner rather than later. But as of now, it’s not referenced in this movie.
http://screenrant.com/spider-man-homecoming-defenders/

Glass Rebel

spiderman homecoming confirmed to not have any defenders reference. fucking lame as fuck.

I don't see the point of complaining about this? These references are inconsequential as fuck, literally nothing would change for the movie or the MCU at large except you would go "oh that's neat" once, maybe a second time when you rewatch it.

Dynomutt

I mean none of the Netflix characters have been connected to the movies even really AoS a TV show at that.

Not even surprised for Spider-Man no including or referring to them if the even bigger Avengers movies don't.

I don't see the point of complaining about this? These references are inconsequential as fuck, literally nothing would change for the movie or the MCU at large except you would go "oh that's neat" once, maybe a second time when you rewatch it.
because I want Peter Parker or the people in his circle acknowledging the other superheroes brewing in New York City. That's the point. I want it. And I know I ain't the only one.

Anung

Un Rama
because I want Peter Parker or the people in his circle acknowledging the other superheroes brewing in New York City. That's the point. I want it. And I know I ain't the only one.

All I wanted from Civil War, the film about super hero registration, was one line about people like Cap inspiring vigilante's running around Hell's Kitchen.

Not even a proper name drop. Just one line!

All I wanted from Civil War, the film about super hero registration, was one line about people like Cao inspiring vigilante's running around Hell's Kitchen.

Civil War was a disappointment for me in several ways which is irrelevant to the discussion here but yeah, in terms of what Civil War was trying to do with the Accords, if Tony knew about Spiderman, he sure as shit should've known about the Defenders. Even if he didn't plan to go recruit them.

Glass Rebel

it's been pretty clear for a while that what you want and what Marvel wants isn't the same

All I wanted from Civil War, the film about super hero registration, was one line about people like Cap inspiring vigilante's running around Hell's Kitchen.

And then?

Pachimari

You can't blame people for wanting some kind of reference or crossover. You also can't blame them for still hoping, even though the signs have been clear for a long while.

SpaceWolf

Banned
"While working on Spiderman: Homecoming, we loved putting lots of little references to the Marvel Cinematic Universe into the film. I mean, there are literally hundreds of references in there! In the two trailers we've released of the film alone...you can already see about a dozen different Marvel references! Even Captain America shows up!"

"So does that mean we might see a reference to Daredevil, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, The Kingpin, The Punisher or to anyone else associated to the Marvel TV series within the film?"

"No."

The Kree

Banned

They don't seem to be actually inspiring vigilantism. Spider-Man isn't even really inspired by Stark, he's driven by guilt. The Defenders all have way different motivations.

It would have made more sense to just show other heroes under surveillance, so long as it would have made sense in the timeline.

Pachimari

"While working on Spiderman: Homecoming, we loved putting lots of little references to the Marvel Cinematic Universe into the film. I mean, there are literally hundreds of references in there! In the two trailers we've released of the film alone...you can already see about a dozen different Marvel references! Even Captain America shows up!"

"So does that mean we might see a reference to Daredevil, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, The Kingpin, The Punisher or to anyone else associated to the Marvel TV series within the film?"

"No."
Yeah. That's exactly what killed my hope for good.

Glass Rebel

And then what?

It'd just be a nice throwaway line for Ross to throw at Cap.

Well ok then.

You can't blame people for wanting some kind of reference or crossover. You also can't blame them for still hoping, even though the signs have been clear for a long while.

I'm not "blaming" anyone. I'm just wondering why people even want references to these shows that are only technically connected when they will just continue to be only technically connected. I understand finding enjoyment in Easter Eggs, I don't understand demanding Easter Eggs.

I'm not "blaming" anyone. I'm just wondering why people even want references to these shows that are only technically connected when they will just continue to be only technically connected. I understand finding enjoyment in Easter Eggs, I don't understand demanding Easter Eggs.
When someone says "you can't blame him/her" it doesn't always literally mean blame them as if they are at fault for something.

They aren't only "technically" connected, it is a fact that they are all operating in the same universe and for that reason alone hardcore fans want the opportunity to happen, these characters to meet or at least be aware of their existence.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
The IP address in the upper-left corner of the Defenders video takes you to this fun site: http://nybulletin.com/

That has links to the two unlisted videos Netflix uploaded recently advertising Iron Fist (interview with the Meachums, and Colleen's dojo advertisement).

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I think it's like a type of unconscious validation for a lot of people. They started watching these shows under the pretense things would be connected in a two-way street, and it never was. Now they're invested all this time in a show under a false pretense, and it sucks when you get into something expecting a result and it never happens.

Of course, ideally no one would care because at the end of the day you should be satisfied by just watching a good show. But things aren't like that, especially when you're peddling a "connected universe" to your audience. It's obvious now that whatever happens in TV-land is separate, but for a while it wasn't. It actually still isn't that clear unless you're familiar with studio politics and interviews tidbits.

Anyway, I used to care about references and connections, but now I don't give a rat's ass. It's cool if they manage to do it, but otherwise, whatever.

The IP address in the upper-left corner of the Defenders video takes you to this fun site: http://nybulletin.com/

That has links to the two unlisted videos Netflix uploaded recently advertising Iron Fist (interview with the Meachums, and Colleen's dojo advertisement).

The Daily Bugle should buy the Daily Bulletin. That Kingpin scandal in Daredevil season 1 should've caused a lot of bad ass publicity for the newspaper.

Platy

Glad to know by the teaser that Matt is the new Iron Fist... he kinda fits since he is also an american ninja.

What does not fit is a famous person not needing a mask but a blind guy that nobody would believe that beat the shit out of everyone needing it.

aly

What a mistake not to give Danny his costume in Iron Fist. Also people dislike Trish? I thought she was great. Karen can kick rocks but Foggy would be fine too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom