• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |1 year Anniversary Thread| You should be playing this game now

Hero

Btw I chose Colossus as my starter but got Dr. Strange from an event back in April.

Is Strange worth leveling up? Typical mage that needs items and skills to wreck stuff?

inky

Is Strange worth leveling up? Typical mage that needs items and skills to wreck stuff?

Yes, of course. Strange is great. He's powerful and fun, and as far as items go he needs as many as everyone else, which is, just put something into every slot and you'll do fine in everything but cosmics.

Btw I chose Colossus as my starter but got Dr. Strange from an event back in April.

Strange is the strongest hero in the game. He has some of the best single target, the best AoE, the best control and self buffs, and very interesting mechanics. He is not a typical aRPG character.

Hero

Strange is the strongest hero in the game. He has some of the best single target, the best AoE, the best control and self buffs, and very interesting mechanics. He is not a typical aRPG character.

Huh, okay. Cool, I just went through the training area with him. Got some Cosmic Cloak of something or other?

Decado

Have they done something to vastly increase the difficulty? That's why me and my friend stopped playing. Total cakewalk. Couldn't see the point in continuing.

TDLink

Have they done something to vastly increase the difficulty? That's why me and my friend stopped playing. Total cakewalk. Couldn't see the point in continuing.

There are three difficulty levels for the story. There are also three difficulty levels for terminals (instances). There is also a raid now.

Decado

There are three difficulty levels for the story. There are also three difficulty levels for terminals (instances). There is also a raid now.

Unless it has changed, I got the impression you couldn't change the difficulty until you progress to a certain level...at which point the higher difficulty will still be easy.

KePoW

Banned
Unless it has changed, I got the impression you couldn't change the difficulty until you progress to a certain level...at which point the higher difficulty will still be easy.

If you are strictly referring to the Story, that is correct. So the Story will never be hard. (well they are coming out with Cosmic difficulty for that in the future)

However, Cosmic Terminals are pretty hard. Definitely hard enough to where I don't bother doing them with certain characters.

And there is a raid now in public beta, which apparently is pretty hard.

Uthred

How feasible is farming up 400 eternity shards for a new hero? Are you looking at a few hours of farming or a few weeks?

V_Arnold

How feasible is farming up 400 eternity shards for a new hero? Are you looking at a few hours of farming or a few weeks?

Assuming 10 min / shard drop (more like 8 min), you get 6-7 splinters per hour. So it is 55-60 hours, if you start from zero.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
what are people's favorite captain america builds?

nice to hear about one of my favorite characters. will eventually get him after i lvl cap up.

x-def isn't really meant for soloing. if you want to solo, try holo-sim instead. X-def is faster because you get xp for enemies that others "kill" too even if you're not in a party, so it's faster to level with other people. You don't have to save them, but xp boosts are certainly better with Legendary quests.

Not supposed to solo X-Def. Do not click the checkbox when queuing.

It will put you into an automatic group of 5, and doesn't take long to queue.

thanks!

TDLink

V_Arnold did the math for you but it's actually less due to a few factors:

1. You get 100 free splinters near the start of story mode the first time you do it
2. You get 100 free splinters for beating Chapter 8 of story mode the first time you do it
3. If you log in this month you get 50 free splinters as part of the anniversary
4. This game has events all the time, which typically give out a handful of free splinters

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Ah so not really feasible as a general way to acquire new heroes, do heroes still drop in game?

I guess it depends on what you consider feasible. It's not hard to get enough splinters for a 400 splinter hero per month, which is the average/most common price point, and new heroes come out about once a month.

And of course, if you only have 1-2 heroes, there's always the 175 splinter random boxes, which SHOULD be a good buy, but I've been terribly mistreated by that RNG so I can't in good conscience recommend it.

Tabby

Would you say he's as fun as Scarlet Witch?
I got her when the game came out and oh man, it's so satisfying to just teleport everywhere.

The End

I guess it depends on what you consider feasible. It's not hard to get enough splinters for a 400 splinter hero per month, which is the average/most common price point, and new heroes come out about once a month.

And of course, if you only have 1-2 heroes, there's always the 175 splinter random boxes, which SHOULD be a good buy, but I've been terribly mistreated by that RNG so I can't in good conscience recommend it.

depends how picky you are

i started with colossus and wanted to focus on getting more X-men, so of course I get Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, and Black Panther in random boxes. Witch and Panther are both fun to play, but aren't heroes I would have bought otherwise.

Beernf

I am just coming back to this game after playing at launch and getting bored pretty quickly. I never even got a toon to max level, closest was Wolverine to 25, and I have Cyclops at like 10 or something inconsequential.

I log back in and i have something like 3800g to spend. What should I get? Any characters better than others right now? Are there certain boosts or those card things that I should blow it all on? I need some advice because the game is essentially new and I have no idea what I am doing.

KePoW

Banned
I am just coming back to this game after playing at launch and getting bored pretty quickly. I never even got a toon to max level, closest was Wolverine to 25, and I have Cyclops at like 10 or something inconsequential.

I log back in and i have something like 3800g to spend. What should I get? Any characters better than others right now? Are there certain boosts or those card things that I should blow it all on? I need some advice because the game is essentially new and I have no idea what I am doing.

I would definitely not buy any cards or boosts.

Most important thing to buy with G is at least one STASH and/or Crafting tab.

But re-familiarize yourself with the game first before spending all your G

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area

spend g's on costumes. that's it.

stash tabs are worth it if you are really having a hard time managing.. but even with 20 heroes you "should" be able to get by on just like two stash tabs.. and maybe some hero tabs.

cards ARE NOT WORTH IT except in the cases where a) you are ok in spending for the boosts and stuff and really don't care what ones you get, b) you REALLY want a costume or pet and are willing to pay for it, or c) you kind of sort of are one of the first two but would rather wait around for a card sale bundle.

I need someone to invite my alternate account that I'm going to use to get reacquainted with the game because damn I'm lost with my main account.

Playername: HappyMintie

Just a heads up, today is the last day to get the free anniversary package with the crazy amount of gifts. If you've been holding off starting the game, get on it today.

Note that you will have to reach level 30 by the day's end to get it.

Top Bottom