• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Vecks

So close to finishing cosmic prestige. Just 4 more levels, which are probably the most hellish. I was actually pretty glad the server had so many problems because it helped a lot for the cosmic prestige since they upped the xp to+100%, got rid of most of the troublesome LQs, and gave me those penta boosts for xp.

KePoW

Banned
So close to finishing cosmic prestige. Just 4 more levels, which are probably the most hellish. I was actually pretty glad the server had so many problems because it helped a lot for the cosmic prestige since they upped the xp to+100%, got rid of most of the troublesome LQs, and gave me those penta boosts for xp.

is the boost gone after the server goes back up today?

shock33

I believe it is (cosmic xp boost), just glad I managed to grind mine out of the weekend as it was HELL outside of that

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Donating Cosmic Items to pets for Cybernetics will no longer require a confirmation dialog to increase ease of use. Unique items are the only item that will now require a confirmation box for item donation.

jeremiah_johnson_nodding-Robert-Redford.gif

edit: Items obtained from Odin’s Bounty Chests will now always be the correct level. This is particularly important for future Odin’s Bounty events, which should return fairly often in the future.

fuck you Gaz, thats too late now isnt it? Assholes

Lord Phol

Man I can't decide if I should hold on for Nova until he hits live servers or just spoil myself when he's on TC. Decisions decisons :d. On one hand I want him to be as awesome as possible and my feedback could contribute to that. On the other hand waiting for live makes it more exciting and the TC threads are usually cesspools of bickering and angry nonsenses.

Man I can't decide if I should hold on for Nova until he hits live servers or just spoil myself when he's on TC. Decisions decisons :d. On one hand I want him to be as awesome as possible and my feedback could contribute to that. On the other hand waiting for live makes it more exciting and the TC threads are usually cesspools of bickering and angry nonsenses.

TC=getting to make a build without wasting retcons

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
how in the blue hell do you have that many retcons?

drops, 3 per story on multiple characters, etc? im down to 63 but I had like 90 recently

Updated this post based on current development pipeline progress.

Juggernaut likely to be ready in early Fall and Magneto following afterwards.

Venom almost 100% likely to release before New Years.

X-23 progressing steadily.

Cyclops level 52 in progress, launching in October, with Thor following in November.

The remaining level 52 design reviews are in the hopper for steady release.

I have a feeling X-23 will be a christmas present for like 1 week and then go on sale after that for 200 splinters (the price is confirmed anyway)

Lord Phol

Yeah I've just been playing for a loooong time. They dropped ALOT back in the day and I've also had some help from cards here and there. Like the others mentioned doing the Bullseye misson on evevery difficulty is a good way to stock up!

Yeah I've just been playing for a loooong time. They dropped ALOT back in the day and I've also had some help from cards here and there. Like the others mentioned doing the Bullseye misson on evevery difficulty is a good way to stock up!

they need to add a reward tracker as i have no idea anymore who did what

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I also have 60+ retcons and have skipped the Bullseye mission on at least a dozen characters in all difficulties, so I could have well over 100 if I wanted to. Aint no thang.

Also I passed the 1000 hour mark a few weeks ago, welp

KePoW

Banned
I also have 60+ retcons and have skipped the Bullseye mission on at least a dozen characters in all difficulties, so I could have well over 100 if I wanted to. Aint no thang.

yea exactly, 40 characters x 3 = 120 free ones

not counting drops, FC1s, login rewards, etc

I say go for it. The whole spoiling thing never made sense to me because whether it's TC or live you're experiencing it the same way. But what makes testing interesting is that you see the iteration process of the character. For example, people who didn't test Gambit have missed out on the old (and rather awesome) version of Grand Slam where he throws his staff into the air and does a Dragoon-esque jump and slam attack. And like you said, you can give a lot of feedback to help shape the character. Ignore the crappy comments and hit the agree button on all the good stuff.

Lord Phol

I say go for it. The whole spoiling thing never made sense to me because whether it's TC or live you're experiencing it the same way. But what makes testing interesting is that you see the iteration process of the character. For example, people who didn't test Gambit have missed out on the old (and rather awesome) version of Grand Slam where he throws his staff into the air and does a Dragoon-esque jump and slam attack. And like you said, you can give a lot of feedback to help shape the character. Ignore the crappy comments and hit the agree button on all the good stuff.

You know you might be on to something. I was thinking about that earlier and it's quite fun to see the improvements they make, and like you said I get to try out stuff that might not make it into the final build. Like the shatter effect on Invisible Womans Crushing Force (which didn't get changed back even though I made a thread and lots of comment about it D:).

Also I vote for playable Lizard-Bear for the 2015 Advance Pack!

Carm

Apparently I misunderstood what the Bronx Zoo was suppose to be. I remember reading it was a patrol, so assumed it was gonna be like Midtown, instead it's like Man-Ape. It was alright, definitely not as annoying as Man-Ape, which is good. Don't care for all the poison though.

after the update can someone spare some low level urus?
im all out

I shoud have a few, what do you need.

Apparently I misunderstood what the Bronx Zoo was suppose to be. I remember reading it was a patrol, so assumed it was gonna be like Midtown, instead it's like Man-Ape. It was alright, definitely not as annoying as Man-Ape, which is good. Don't care for all the poison though.

Probably mixed up Bronx with "Brooklyn", which is the tentative name for the new patrol zone.

Also I vote for playable Lizard-Bear for the 2015 Advance Pack!

I vote for playable Lizard period.

Lord Phol

yea exactly, 40 characters x 3 = 120 free ones

not counting drops, FC1s, login rewards, etc

These doesn't drop anymore right? Haven't seen on in ages. It would be sweet if all cards had a small chance to drop, though I guess Gaz would loose alot of their income if that happend.

Vecks

These doesn't drop anymore right? Haven't seen on in ages. It would be sweet if all cards had a small chance to drop, though I guess Gaz would loose alot of their income if that happend.

I don't think there was any official word on it, but fortune cards haven't dropped in a long time. I do miss them too. At least we get midtown fortune cards, but it's too bad they aren't a permanent addition. I remember a long time ago they were saying they wanted Midtown Madness Mondays, but haven't heard anything about that either.

Rhaknar

Leveling on Rogue feels slower than I remember, I was wondering if something was up and saw a thread in the forums complaining about xp too. But Ryolnir posted there and says nothing is bugged with xp so /shrug I guess I just haven't leveled in awhile outside of a event

I'm starting to feel Rogue more, still a bit squishy but that will be fixed with core affixes / arts / better gear.

I'm sure my spec is "wrong" but as someone who usually doesn't care about that, I extra don't care with Rogue lol.

I basically have a death from above build focused around cooldowns, I always have something to cast to the point where I don't really want a spirit spender / boss killer. I have 2 death from above spells maxed, Rogue's (which I love) and Elektra's. Elektra's cooldowns decreases every time I use a spell with a cooldown which almost all mine have. I use Storm's hail as a 1 pointer for the slow / Loki synergy, maxed Electro aoe (because it has a small cooldown and Mandarin one doesn't), maxed Thor aoe, also short cd, nice dmg and spirit return (in fact I'm using it mostly for the spirit return, something I might reconsider at 60). Then I have maxed Rogue signature because it's amazing, maxed Rogue Kree passive, and the plan is to have maxed Hyde physical slam move, which shoots out shockwaves if you have a stolen support power active, which I do all the time in osmium skin toggle. I'm also using 1 point in Rogue's 1min cd buff, 1 point in She Hulk's buff (second support) and 1 point in Doc Ock passive (aoe dmg/radius). I still haven't picked up 2 other passives, not sure if I'll go for spirit stuff like ironman or shocker, or health like Tombstone.

I won't have 8 spells maxed, that's for sure, as there are too many 1 point stuff to get, but I guess that's par for the course with Rogue.

Moondrop

Banned
Lizard Medallion: regen at 66% and 33% health, + spirit regen, + critical rating, + brutal rating, + health.

I'm sure my spec is "wrong" but as someone who usually doesn't care about that, I extra don't care with Rogue lol.
Hell yes. She's a theorycrafter's wet dream. Case in point...

Then I have maxed Rogue signature because it's amazing
I currently have 0 points into her signature. When I used it as a 1 pointer, the damage seemed mediocre and it locks me out of her skills for so long. And I don't want to invest in it because I'm going physical.

Also it's sad how much higher DPS Blob's DfA is than Electra's.

Should consider Drax or Taskmaster passive. Latter is nice all-round, former is brutal strike chance.

With blessings and good artifacts, my Rogue is currently at 45% crit rating, which goes to 50% when I use bone claws, and 52% brutal strike.

Also, Rogue's signature is awesome.

Rhaknar

I currently have 0 points into her signature. When I used it as a 1 pointer, the damage seemed mediocre and it locks me out of her skills for so long. And I don't want to invest in it because I'm going physical.

Works well for me because a) I have other apes going in the meantime and b) I have cooldowns ticking down in the meantime

I forgot to say but I'm physical / energy, ended up with no mental spell, power cosmic buffs don't stack anyway, and with my short cooldowns I have...err will have 100% uptime on both physical and energy buff from the legendary

Moondrop

Banned
Mr. Hyde's power could be useful for cooldown synergy, but the damage seems quite low compared to Blob and Electra's powers.

Examining the physical AoE options, I was surprised to find that Blob and her own (Rubble Slam) have essentially equal damage and range. Hers is cheaper and applies vulnerability; his has a two second lower CD. So I'm going to switch to Rubble Slam for the vulnerability.

KePoW

Banned

FC1 still randomly drop, I got one a few days ago. Definitely not very often though

Retcon potions themselves also still randomly drop

Vecks

I haven't seen a fortune card drop since March. My luck with drops must be pretty bad then. I didn't even get an odin blessing during the last event.

KePoW

Banned
I haven't seen a fortune card drop since March. My luck with drops must be pretty bad then. I didn't even get an odin blessing during the last event.

Well before the FC1 I got last week, I hadn't seen one in months either.

I did not get an Odin's Blessing though

Ploid 3.0

The Black Widow buffs seem very tame. Logging on now to see how they actually change her. I really wish I didn't spend so many retcon's on Phoenix, I feel like I'll need a ton more for Rogue and Black Widow and I only have 1 at the moment.

Top Bottom