• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| Highway to the Danger Room

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
guess marvel knew its christmas, just got this

pbTYkBS.jpg

once you complete limbo you get a quest to kill certian bosses which one finished rewards you limbo cofters which can give numerous items

Gotcha. I know what those are now. Forgot what they were called.

Also, got $20 in Steam credit, that I haven't activated yet, because y'know the security breach. I want to get a new hero. What are some of the top tier heroes right now?

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Gotcha. I know what those are now. Forgot what they were called.

Also, got $20 in Steam credit, that I haven't activated yet, because y'know the security breach. I want to get a new hero. What are some of the top tier heroes right now?

Scarlet Witch is amazing, and she's also super cheap.

Cracklox

So are there certain artis that can't be re-rolled?

I have an advanced shiar cloaking device that fails every time. Tried different crafters but every time I'm told 'crafting failed. your items have been returned to you'. Pym the dirty bastard even pockets the cash (200k!). The Asgardian one seems to at least give that back

hitmon

Returning from a very long hiatus, I forgot how fun this game was. I'm thinking of getting Lady Thor enhanced costume, does it affect the gameplay of Thor?

PsychBat!

Banned
Returning from a very long hiatus, I forgot how fun this game was. I'm thinking of getting Lady Thor enhanced costume, does it affect the gameplay of Thor?

Not entirely, just the voice actor is different. I love Jane Foster Thor, I recommend her costume.

Dec

So are there certain artis that can't be re-rolled?

I have an advanced shiar cloaking device that fails every time. Tried different crafters but every time I'm told 'crafting failed. your items have been returned to you'. Pym the dirty bastard even pockets the cash (200k!). The Asgardian one seems to at least give that back

A bug with that one item I'd guess. It was recently reworked a bit and Asros probably just overlooked something. I think they are trying to get a small patch out for the 29th so as long as he is aware it should get fixed quickly.

In my hundreds of hours with Marvel Heroes, I only ever found a costume during the beta, somehow.

There's RNG and then there's... costume drops. It's bananas.

I have found ONE costume drop, since Midtown was introduced into this game (literally thousands of hours ago for me). These days, I only dream of/hope for rare artifact drops. Even dreaming about costume drops seems like a complete waste of time.
I got Ironman (dupe) in my mystery box today. I would have loved Antman or Vision instead, as I plan on buying one of them in the near future anyway. I know nothing of those two in comics, but really liked both their characters in the Marvel movies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What has Jane displayed power-wise that differentiates her from Thor?

Jane uses the Hammer in ways Odinson never did, he says this a few times. Mjolnir flies all over the place with her like it has a life of its own, unlike Thor just...well...thrwing it like a boomerang

Slayven

Jane uses the Hammer in ways Odinson never did, he says this a few times. Mjolnir flies all over the place with her like it has a life of its own, unlike Thor just...well...thrwing it like a boomerang

SBpU0GG.jpg

The Hammer Bros used it differently too. Beta Ray Bill is much more of a Nuker, Daigo range and crowd control, Masterson a mix of Daigo and Beta Ray Bill with the occasional asshole move.

Blade is at level 59 right now. Should get him to 60 tonight when I get off work and do the Limbo event. Guess I'll do it with Cyclops also.

Ended up getting Dr. Doom, Nova, and Vision. I have only touched Nova so far. Really enjoying him. Love just flying around the screen. Got him to 32. Going to try Doom and Vision here soon.

I have found ONE costume drop, since Midtown was introduced into this game (literally thousands of hours ago for me). These days, I only dream of/hope for rare artifact drops. Even dreaming about costume drops seems like a complete waste of time.
I got Ironman (dupe) in my mystery box today. I would have loved Antman or Vision instead, as I plan on buying one of them in the near future anyway. I know nothing of those two in comics, but really liked both their characters in the Marvel movies.
Ant-man is fun. He's my second main.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
well got my refund at least. I did miss the G sale, oh well, there shall be others I guess

Bane

I'm thinking of grabbing some heroes during the sale, thoughts on Colossus, Cyclops, Magneto, and Loki? Any of them terrible underpowered or just not fun to play?

Volimar

I'm thinking of grabbing some heroes during the sale, thoughts on Colossus, Cyclops, Magneto, and Loki? Any of them terrible underpowered or just not fun to play?

Apparently Colossus sucks.

Cyclops is somewhat underpowered but a good choice for an early character because he has a synergy that grants bonus experience for leveling other characters. Magneto is okay but could use some love. Loki is probably the best to play of the four power-wise. I enjoyed using his illusions.

Slayven

Apparently Colossus sucks.

Cyclops is somewhat underpowered but a good choice for an early character because he has a synergy that grants bonus experience for leveling other characters. Magneto is okay but could use some love. Loki is probably the best to play of the four power-wise. I enjoyed using his illusions.

Universal Truth

Loki i probably the best out of those four, it's been while since I leveled him but I had fun with the ice build i went with. From what I've heard his summon build is great too.

The other three are a bit under powered withMags probably being the best of the three but as Voli said Cyclops' synergy is very useful if you're looking to get a number of heroes up to max level quickly.

Bane

Thanks for the info all. That's a real bummer about Colossus, he and She-Hulk are the only bruisers I care about. Looks like I'll definitely grab Loki and maybe Cyclops.

Volimar

Thanks for the info all. That's a real bummer about Colossus, he and She-Hulk are the only bruisers I care about. Looks like I'll definitely grab Loki and maybe Cyclops.

If you like Bruisers you'll probably like him okay. All the characters are serviceable. It's pretty much down to player preference for the most part. But there are definitely heroes with stronger damage than others.

Indignate

Loki has the highest sustainable DPS in the game currently.

Colossus was just incredibly boring. There's nothing flashy at all about him.

Top Bottom