• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| Highway to the Danger Room

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wonder if they'll give Black Cat any of the D-List villains on her crew as summons? I know we got tired of them shoe Horning summons everywhere for a moment there, but I can't think of any other way to give her some visual or mechanical flavor

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I've been needing to get into this game. What would it take to get Star-Lord, Nova, & Rocket?

All the heroes are 50% off right now, and you get enough splinters for 1 when you make a account (or however it works these days)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just won 1000g from an official forum giveaway. Looks like I'm getting another costume or two!

Dec

I've been needing to get into this game. What would it take to get Star-Lord, Nova, & Rocket?

All the heroes are 50% off right now, and you get enough splinters for 1 when you make a account (or however it works these days)

As Rhak said you can choose your free hero, plus you get a ton of the currency you use to unlock any hero day 1 and 2 of log in rewards.

They have reworked the starting system multiple times since I started so I can't be sure but I'm fairly certain you could make an account > choose 1 of 3 > play him for 2 days > have the currency from logging in for 2 days to buy the 2nd of 3.

Then you would have to unlock the last one a few different ways; playing to get the currency you unlock heroes with (maybe 5-7 days of playing every day?) or buy them for $5 since everything is 50% off.

If you have played League of Legends you know about how long it takes to unlock a new character, and there are 54 or something now, so expect a similar system to that.

Rhaknar

Did the cosmic trials reset recently, like a week ago or something?

What?

...what? Don't scare me like that, I CANNOT be arsed to go through all that again.

What do you mean anyway, I was doing cosmic patrols yesterday on multiple heroes

Dec

What?

...what? Don't scare me like that, I CANNOT be arsed to go through all that again.

What do you mean anyway, I was doing cosmic patrols yesterday on multiple heroes

There's been at least one time that I know of where they reset and you had to do the trial again but it was like a week after the cosmic trial came out.

Hasn't happened to me since then.

Pyccko

Bought into this game back when it first came out and didn't end up playing it like at all, but I just started getting into it about a month ago, and it's really fun! Haven't really started getting into all the endgame stuff yet, just trying to get a few characters leveled, figure out who I like playing best.

I'd love a supergroup invite though, name's Pyccko.

Ronin Ray

I have never played this but I am looking at the roster and i am surprised Jessica Jones isn't a character. After that netflix show I would think she would get a big push. I might have to try this game out

Indignate

This game doesn't really have the luxury to develop characters on a schedule that lets them to respond to things like that.

Cracklox

I have never played this but I am looking at the roster and i am surprised Jessica Jones isn't a character. After that netflix show I would think she would get a big push. I might have to try this game out

She's a summon for Luke in a badly thought out summon tree though :)

Besides, as much as I liked the show and the character I'm not sure there's a whole lot they could do to make her interesting and stand out. Maybe skull a bottle of whiskey or 2 and fly into a drunken rage for her sig. Or a charm power where she gazes longingly at the enemy with sexy eyes perhaps.

Ploid 3.0

Odd. I trust you tried re-logging before going into the trial again? It happened a few days ago to me on pretty much all my characters. Re-logging fixed it

Nope, didn't try that. Oh well, unlocked the cosmics again and logged out so hopefully everything is back. I didn't even check if other characters had access. I just wanted some Unstable Molecules pronto.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
"Boy I wish I could play as Jessica Jones" was pretty far down the list of thoughts I had after watching the show. She barely uses her powers and when she does it usually looks super janky and low-budget. And her powers are stock-standard. She's strong and can leap high. Yawn.

Neoxon

As Rhak said you can choose your free hero, plus you get a ton of the currency you use to unlock any hero day 1 and 2 of log in rewards.

They have reworked the starting system multiple times since I started so I can't be sure but I'm fairly certain you could make an account > choose 1 of 3 > play him for 2 days > have the currency from logging in for 2 days to buy the 2nd of 3.

Then you would have to unlock the last one a few different ways; playing to get the currency you unlock heroes with (maybe 5-7 days of playing every day?) or buy them for $5 since everything is 50% off.

If you have played League of Legends you know about how long it takes to unlock a new character, and there are 54 or something now, so expect a similar system to that.
But if I have to choose one of the three, who should I go with?

Wow Blade is so much fun to play as for me. Can't wait till I get him to 60. When's the next Mystic Mayhem event anyways. I know it's soon right? Hopefully I can get blade to level 60 before then.

TimFL

The most expensive one. There are a few heroes you wont be able to unlock with the 400ES you get on your 2nd day: Iron Man, Deadpool, Spider-Man, Rogue, Dr. Strange, Ghost Rider, Dr. Doom and I guess a few more (I can't really remember all of them). They all cost 600ES.

It's best to pick one of the 600ES heroes if you want one of them and then get another one with the 400ES the next day.

I don't think any of your top 3 are 600ES (pretty sure they are all 400ES?) though so it really doesn't matter who you pick first. You'll have to grind (takes a while to get 400ES) or buy the 3rd hero with G though.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
christmasssss :D

JnJ0XYx.jpg

inky

Nova uses channeled beams, pulse attacks and some fast movement/attacking abilities. His main thing is moving fast, detonating pulsars for several debuff effects and massive AoE damage. He is built mostly that way (and he is powerful come endgame) but he also has some punches and stuff if you are more into the brawler thing.

Rocket has plasma guns, grenades and mines, but his main thing are the summons. Talking about Groot of course, but he has a couple of utility turrets too. He can be built in either direction, just weapons, or let Groot take the aggro and just clean up with his BFG and grenades. He can burrow away and fly his jetpack.

Star Lord's thing is mostly guns and a couple of grenades. His specialty is jumping between his elemental ammo types. Those ammo types have different effects: more damage, increased attack speed, hp/spirit regeneration, slow down enemies, etc. He has some support abilities (aerial bombardment support, dash, some knife attack I think), but in general you just stay ranged and gun people down while picking the ammo best suited for your situation.

In terms of just fun playstyle my preference would be: Rocket > Nova > Star Lord, but that's just me. If you don't enjoy the half-summoner thing, Nova is solid and I find Star Lord a bit clumsy and weak, but granted, I haven't tried to gear him or anything so he might still be better than I'm painting him.

inky

Christmas Queen!

Just started this afternoon. Can I get an invite to the Supergroup pls? IGN: MetatronXI. Thanks :D

Bought into this game back when it first came out and didn't end up playing it like at all, but I just started getting into it about a month ago, and it's really fun! Haven't really started getting into all the endgame stuff yet, just trying to get a few characters leveled, figure out who I like playing best.

I'd love a supergroup invite though, name's Pyccko.

It was a bit late so I didn't get you last night, but you are invited now. Let me know how it goes! :)

Neoxon

Slightly on-topic, Marvel had this made for the holidays.

1930765_10153725387697488_4674997782998902422_n.png

Nice poster
, barring the distinct lack of Maximoffs, Captain Marvel, X-Men, or Fantastic Four.

Rhaknar

welp canceled my card just in case, im not sure I have it saved but im pretty sure I do

I do (did?) have 51€ in wallet money tho, which should be 91€ because im waiting for the G refund... maybe it will be 0€ when someone buys games with my money now with this debackle lol

Volimar

welp canceled my card just in case, im not sure I have it saved but im pretty sure I do

I do (did?) have 51€ in wallet money tho, which should be 91€ because im waiting for the G refund... maybe it will be 0€ when someone buys games with my money now with this debackle lol

Hurry and use the rest to buy even more Gs that Gaz can lose. It's the only way to be safe.

Rhaknar

Hurry and use the rest to buy even more Gs that Gaz can lose. It's the only way to be safe.

the G fuck up was clearly a sign of things to come

wait did I cause this? maybe I broke steam

Rhaknar

I'm not even concerned.

I wouldnt be either if I was a rich philantropist like you

edit: im never gonna get my refund am I, with this clusterfuck going on overshadowing it, it will just be forgoten ;_;

Volimar

I wouldnt be either if I was a rich philantropist like you

edit: im never gonna get my refund am I, with this clusterfuck going on overshadowing it, it will just be forgoten ;_;

Please stay on the line. There are 1,849,237 callers ahead of you. Your call is very important to us.

Rhaknar

Please stay on the line. There are 1,849,237 callers ahead of you. Your call is very important to us.

pretty much

that dude that was handling my ticket is looking at this shit going

"...fuck!"

Jmac71

I've decided to hop in on this game. Can I get an invite? I believe my account name is TroyJmac. Looking forward to seeing you all in game. Merry Christmas everyone!

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
if u can play now, every limbo quest is giving upon login so u can easy get coffers

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just got an ult upgrade from a coffer, pretty coo.

inky

Wait, Limbo missions are per character? That's way too much work, lol.

It's raining enough boxes as it is.

Ploid 3.0

Can this run on the base surface pro 4? And can I use a ps4 controller? I want to get in on this

I think only steam controller is fully supported at the moment. Normal controller support will be here for 2016 apparently. They have the hooks in the game already but it's not ready.

About the windows tablet running, I don't know. Maybe you can stream it to the tablet like the NVidia shield, but for controls, I have no idea.

Top Bottom